main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Corellia: Reach for the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthXan318, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Major Ric Anders
    On Station, West Wing Living Quarters

No one had volunteered that they made an exceptional cup of caf, but at least Anders had found out that there was someone who could prepare a decent steak. Lieutenant Destyan led them off through the living quarters, designated by that ghastly orange paint. Definatly suppled by the lowest bidder he thought to himself. Either that or something left behind by the Conies, they had been so different from their subjects. Perhaps they found that shade appealing. He wouldn't have put anything past the Conies.

Like many Corellians, Human, Selonian and Drall alike, Anders hated the Rakata. However, unlike some, Anders didn't hate them enough to extend that hatred towards their technology. Technology, weapons, spacecraft, they were all inanimate objects. To assign them the evil status of their former owners seemed crazy to Anders. He was just too pragmatic for that. It was what one did with something that made a difference. After all had the CAF captured and turned some of that Coney know how against them. Now they would be looking for whatever had been left behind. It was necessary.

It had been no secret that the Rakatan Empire had been an interstellar one. They had the engines to cross the vast distance between the stars. If the rest of their Empire had fallen as well, than other liberation groups, in other systems, might be looking for the same technology. And those groups may not believe in the idea of democracy. Thats what motivated Anders to volunteer for this mission. The Corellians had to find the technology to defend themselves and their new found freedom from whoever else was out there.

After his quarters had been pointed out to him, he sat down behind the terminal and looked at a map of the station. It's basic layout came back to him rather quickly, he had been required to memorize the basic layout on his previous mission to one of it's sister stations. He than unpacked his single duffel and contemplated taking a quick shower before going to meet with Captain Ferrault.

The environmental systems on the trasport had kept the cockpit too warm, and now he smelt rather...gamey. Not something that would bother him too much in the field, but certainly not the way he wanted to report to his new commanding officer. He would take the shower.

15 minutes later, freshly showered and in a clean uniform he left his quarters and headed up to the briefing room to meet with the Captain.

TAG: Xan, anyone else he may run into

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    On-Station: Cafeteria Entrance

As Tanial messed with the door, Mariisa flicked her tail, as she sat back on her haunches. The human Lazlo pipped up then, and spoke.

"Slicing?" he asked at last.

Mariisa gave a slight grin, showing sharp teeth. "Yes, it is sometimes called that as well. A rather strange term, but I like it." she added with a bob of her head. She noted the male had not replied to the earlier question, but that did not matter at the moment. Deciding she had waited enough, she reached over Tanial, waiting until he was tugged on the wheel to give him just a bit of 'assistance', so that they could finally get inside, and get to the drinks. Mariisa was more interested in digging into the innards of the station, and finding out what she could 'find' anyway. A small 'chirp' sounded from her bag. Mariisa looked down, and gave out one soft squeak. No other sounds issued from the bag.

The drinks better be good! she thought to herself. Besides, she wanted to get inside, before other beings showed up behind them as well.

TAG: Penguinator-176, HanSolo29, Xany

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    DarkLordoftheFins, SirakRomar, Saintheart, Sarge221, tjace
    On-Station: North Wing Living Quarters

Rigel only nodded when Lisander politely refused on-station quarters. "That's fine. I'll inform Control to contact you on your ship instead of your assigned rooms - in the meantime, please stick with us, the station can be rather confusing the first time around."

Indeed, Rigel was leading them down a twisty maze of curved corridors and stairwells (both up and down). They had just rounded another corner when Ran mentioned Eryk Graf. "Oh - you know Graf? He's here, actually. He arrived just before you did." The grin he shot Ran was a bit rueful. "A bit ahead of schedule, in fact - the mix-up I mentioned earlier."

They took another stairwell down. Lisander and Morgue might notice he no longer gestured the group through before him; he took point, and kept his hands in full view of the group. It indicated he (and the station) meant no harm, but whether or not they believed him remained to be seen.

Finally, they came across a section marked North Wing Living Quarters. "Here we are," Rigel announced.

He hauled open yet another hatch to reveal (another) curved corridor, this time with hatches spaced at even intervals on the outer curve. All the hatches were open, save one. "Mr Ringhaven, you're in that room there; Mr Zahara, over there; and Mr Antilles, to the right there." He checked his chrono and frowned. "The Captain will be giving a briefing shortly. If you'll stow your gear, I'll take you to the briefing room."

---

Barden_Jusik
    On-Station: Comm & Briefing Room

The Captain was a tall, broad-shouldered, middle-aged human man with a gruff disposition. He stood up when Anders arrived, first saluting and then extending a hand to shake.

"Major Anders, I'm Captain Ferrault. Welcome aboard."

He turned back to the table in the centre of the briefing room, which gave Anders a chance to have a look around. It was not a very impressive room: dingy, with the distinct flavour of having been looted and trashed, abandoned for several years, and then hastily refitted and repurposed for this mission. In place of the central holoprojector was a large handcrafted scale model of the Corellian System. Mounted on a wall was a new (that is, only slightly scuffed) comm suite complete with a large flatscreen for display.

"As you're in charge of security on the ground, I wanted to get your impressions of the ground team before I brief everyone," the Captain said, diverting Anders' attention. On the table, he spread out a collection of flimsies with flatpics stapled on: dossiers of the ground team. Ferrault glanced up at him. "What do you think? Can you work with them?"

---

docking_bay94, Mitth_Fisto, spycoder9
    On-Station: Corridors

The route Calcin chose was coincidentally also the one Sacorr and Carek had taken. The older Selonian rounded a corner just in time to hear Sacorr say that that way was blocked.

"Ah - that stairwell doesn't lead anywhere." Destyan, the Lieutenant who had led them in, smiled apologetically from behind Calcin. Where exactly she had come from was a bit of a mystery, but there she was. "It's not dangerous, but the hatches on the other floors are stuck shut. Where are you headed? Perhaps I could help."

---

Penguinator-176, Ktala, HanSolo29
    On-Station: Cafeteria

"Ah- thank you!" Tanial shot Mariissa a bright grin. "This particular hatch always seems to get stuck, it's most inconvenient..."

Inside, the first thing that would strike them was how brightly-lit the cafeteria was. In fact, it had more light than the hangar bay, which was perhaps an odd choice in lighting priorities. At the far end was a big window, presumably through which food would be handed through from the kitchen. Tables and chairs were bolted to the ground in neat rows (as was the norm in space stations such as this) and were numerous enough to seat about fifty, although it was doubtful that there were this many people on-station.

Right now, it was empty save for an old man wiping down t

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Gareg

"Nothing's been recovered yet; we have a few leads, but have thus far lacked the personnel to go investigate them. But our, ah, investigation experts should have already have arrived, and if they're as good as they say, we should have something. No issues with the comm arrays, although I'd advise against using the holo pickup. It works, but - secrecy and all that. You understand."

Yes, we wouldn't want the public finding out about our mission on behalf of the public, Gareg almost said, before opting not to. He'd gotten lucky with his first salvo of witticisms, and it was probably best to not push his luck. Military and government organizations were known for a lot of things - the ability to roll with gentle good humor was not one of them. Not to mention there was probably a certain amount of wisdom in not telling a cowardly and superstitious populous that, hey, that technology they were utterly terrified of? WAY OF THE FUTURE!

Then again, that'd almost be worth it for the looks on their faces. "Absolutely," Gareg replied, following after Fenor. "This... uh... cafeteria, I assume there's a decent selection of drinks? I've heard you humans have mastered the art of quality distillation and I am nothing if not keen to taste the results. Muja wine is... sufficient to get a good buzz going but the flavor's a bit lacking, y'know? Meanwhile word in the trade centers is the pink-skins have this outrageous beverage called 'ale' that's got to be tried to be believed."

TAG: Xan

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Eryk Graf
    On-Station, Cafeteria

The station turned out to be a real maze to navigate, especially with the outdated map the terminal had provided him with. It didn't help that almost every corridor ended in another hatch, a ladder or a random twist that proved to be quite effective in making him lose all sense of direction. Of course, Graf had dealt with much worse out in the field and that experience had helped him eventually find his way.

Like every other destination on the station, the cafeteria was closed off by a hatch with a twist crank bolted to the center. It seemed to be a bit overkill for a mess hall, especially when the station itself was locked down and sealed off from the rest of civilization. Graf rubbed at his chin thoughtfully and began to approach the mechanism when he was cutoff by another group of beings heading for the same destination.

He paused and adopted a casual stance as he studied the newcomers from afar. It was quite an odd assortment of characters, including a Drall, a Selonian and a wiry little man. They seemed preoccupied with whatever the Drall was telling them and at first, Graf thought the group would pass through without noticing him. Wrong. The Selonian, who was situated at the back of the group, turned her head and looked directly at him, her dark eyes shining with curiosity.

Graf didn't so much as flinch as he returned her gaze, a hint of a smile forming on his face. He tilted his head and lifted a hand to tip his hat in greeting. At this point, he could only assume she was part of the expedition. He was sure he would find out sooner or later.

After a bit of a struggle with the door, the group disappeared into the cafeteria with Graf following along at a fair distance. When he finally entered the brightly lit facility, he caught the tail end of the conversation between the Drall and an old man wiping down tables.

"...but I can whip up something if you're hungry -"

"No need, no need, just after some caf!"

"Caf is fine and all," he began in a loud voice to make himself known. "But, perhaps some of us would like something with a little more...substance." He stepped forward and offered a smile as he came to stand among the others. "I'm sorry to intrude, but it has been quite a long journey and I'm famished. I hope you don't mind."

TAG: Ktala, Peng, Xan

6. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara

"Uncover means work," Lyle paraphrased, nodding his head slowly as if a child trying to process something he was learning for the first time. "Recover means steal. Got it."

He hadn't really thought about that if he was to be honest. When he signed up for the mission that mentioned the possibility of uncovering Rakata tech, he assumed piloting people to derelict wrecks or old battlegrounds. Chance of conflict? ...Okay yeah he probably should've expected it now that he thought about it. Wasn't he just thinking about those New Corellians that are so intent on bringing a hammer to any piece of Rakata tech that may still exist on this waste of galactic space? He remembered hearing that this mission was sanctioned by the government but...

I'll be safe. They'll have to do the searching; I get the ship that'll allow me to get out of any danger quickly.

Right. Rustbucket. Not quick.

He was distracted was Lisander suddenly leaned over. Instinctively, Lyle leaned in the other direction. He liked his personal space whether it be in or out of the cockpit. Nonetheless, he heard the man's whispered words about their female companion and Lyle looked towards the back of the one called Morgue. ...Why the name Morgue again? While he questioned the woman's name, he tilted his head and his eyes trailed up and down to examine her form. While preferring to inspect the latest starship that would come into his possession, Lyle wasn't exactly resistant to the female gender.

After one or two slow seconds, Lyle looked back to Lisander and, with a shrug, he gave the other man a look that would pretty much say 'She's alright I guess'.

During the walk, Lyle had been trying to keep track of the twists and turns that they were taking. Even with his keen sense of direction, it was difficult and he wasn't sure if he was 100% certain that he could find his way back to the hangar. Good thing they had their guide then who even now directed them to what had to be their living quarters. Going to the room that was directed as his, Lyle just tossed his bag - clothes with some tools mostly; he had a bunch of other junk scattered around on his ship - onto the bed before rejoining everyone else to be led to their briefing.

That's when an important question came to mind that he felt the need to ask as a lot of his future spare time relied on the answer.

"So where can a lazy pilot who was forced to go through a long, uncomfortable flight plop down and have a few good drinks?" Lyle questioned Rigel.

TAG: Xani, Fins, Sirak, Saint, tjace

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    GM Note: If anyone's tired of the station, never fear, you'll get the chance to move off it shortly. Just wanted to give everyone a chance to get to know one another. :D

[b]DarkLordoftheFins, SirakRomar, Saintheart, Sarge221, tjace[/b]
    [i]On-Station: North Wing Living Quarters[/i]

?There isn?t.? Rigel smiled apologetically. ?The cafeteria has caf, but that?s about it, I?m afraid. The coneys weren?t too big on drinking, and they didn?t let their slave crews have any fun either. We?ve been thinking of redoing the observatory as a bar, but other repairs have taken priority thus far.?

---

[b]darthramza[/b]
    [i]On-Station: Corridors[/i]

"Er... we don't stock any ale. We're on duty, and, you know..." Fenor's voice trailed off, and he rubbed the back of his neck.

They had come to a maintenance shaft whose controls looked like they had been recently fiddled with. The boy (because really, Fenor couldn't be older than seventeen or eighteen standard) peered at it, shrugged, and hit the button to summon the lift. "This is the fastest way to the cafeteria from the briefing room," he said, as the lift arrived with a soft woosh of air. "Down two levels and then a quarter turn around the station to the left, you'll see."

Indeed, not two minutes later Gareg found himself approaching a hatch marked CAFETERIA in bright yellow letters.

---

[b]Penguinator-176, Ktala, HanSolo29[/b]
    [i]On-Station: Cafeteria[/i]

?Of course, of course. Have a seat.? The old man waved vaguely at the tables as he gave the counter one last swipe and ambled through the door to the kitchen. ?Let me see what I can whip up ??

Tanial eyed Eryk Graf curiously for a moment, before (predictably, to Mariisa and Lazlo) bursting out in chatter once more. ?Ah, hello! We haven?t met! I am Tanial, mechanic in charge of starship maintenance and general gophering. You are?? He stuck his hand up at the human to shake, smiling.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Gareg
    On-Station: Corridors

"Er... we don't stock any ale. We're on duty, and, you know..."

Somewhere in the vast reaches of the universe, at some time yet undreamed of, a distinctive sonic sting was heard. That... that was a problem. One that would have to be dealt with. Quickly. Gareg was no soldier, and he'd be damned if his acquisition of fine spirits was going to be impeded by those who were. But somehow, he got the feeling this was only going to be the tip of the disagreement iceberg.

"I see the room has been labeled with characteristic subtlety," he remarked upon seeing the yellow sign. "Perhaps they could be a bit more obvious? A sign of a large man eating food saying 'Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy'? A large piece of meat? Honestly don't know how anyone could spot the place as it is now." He exhaled. "Still, food is food, even if it does insist upon itself, eh? Care to join me for a bite?"

9. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    Halls

Carek continued to follow the woman, noticing someone else behind him. He neglected to turn around, hiding the fact that he knew the other female from the freighter was behind him.

Trapped in between the two women, he knew now there was no escaping any conversation. Women loved to talk. . .he just didn?t really want to listen. He was also afraid that, in a conversation, they might gang up together against him. It was what came natural to his mother and her friends. They would talk to him, and both would agree to something, leaving him as the only one against the idea. His mother's tricky ways had made him more aware to the female ways.

"Ah - that stairwell doesn't lead anywhere."

Carek recognized that voice. The lieutenant woman, he realized. He noticed how the woman ahead of him had stopped at a dead end. He looked around, past the other woman, to see the lieutenant. He was a little frightened that she could just pop in and out like that.

"It's not dangerous, but the hatches on the other floors are stuck shut. Where are you headed? Perhaps I could help."

?I?m heading to the cafeteria.? He gestured to his stomach. ?Long ride.? He attempted a smile. A little faked, but he was too hungry to try.

TAG: Xany, docking_bay, Mitth

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara

Having been looking around at the twisting corridors of the station once again, perhaps even trying to create a mental image of the directions that he would need to follow in order to return to the hangar, Lyle suddenly jerked his head around at the two horrifying words that left Rigel's lips, shot through the air like a slug, and drove into Lyle's brain like a dull, rusty knife.

"...What?"

The high-pitched cry of despair would've possibly made any nearby persons jump if they weren't prepared for it - especially as Lyle had been pretty laid back and quiet during this whole tour - and, truth be told, Lyle wasn't expecting him to make that noise either. But then again he wasn't expecting that there wouldn't be a bar on the station. Even now he was clamping his mouth shut, trying to stop his eyes from being so wide, but within his mind his thoughts whirled and caused him further despair.

Going to be on this space station. Flying these people to who knew how many desolate wastelands and derelict wrecks, and I don't even have a bar to come back to!? Hold up, time-out, flag on the play, traveling, offsides, clipping!

There were two things that Lyle enjoyed: flying and drinking. He wasn't a heavy drinker mind you but there was nothing like kicking back after putting in a couple hours of flight time. After being burdened with a childhood that was ninety-nine percent unbelievable terror and loud noises, it wasn't difficult for Lyle to get into more relaxing habits of the human race such as sitting back and flying and kicking back and having a good ale.

Oh God the ales! The noales, the Reserves, rums, brandies! Nope, nada, zip, gone!

Despite the raging thoughts, Lyle managed to remember that there was the mentioning of the observatory being redone as a bar. Ah, a chance! A life-line, a hope!

"I don't suppose I could get directions to this observatory after the briefing?" Lyle questioned. He managed to keep his voice back under control and he tried to revert to his more laid-back status but his eyes were darting around much more frequently and randomly then before.

All-stops, drop everything, cancel! Repair the ship now secondary priority. Construction of some shape of a bar and uncovering stash of alcoholic beverages switching to primary.

He was going to be busier then he thought.

TAG: Xani, Saint, Sirak, Fins, tjace

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Ran Ringhaven
    North Wing Living Quarters

Even though he had been in dangerous situations before, Ran jumped about a foot in the air with Lyle's sudden yelped interrogatory. What was his problem--ah. The immediate previous subject and then a desire to be pointed in the direction of the observatory made it fairly clear. He couldn't quite suppress a grin, rubbing the eight hours' flight stubble on his cheek to conceal it.
    "I wouldn't mind seeing the observatory myself," he said. "Incidentally - it may be, of course, entirely appropos of nothing, and of course we're speaking in a completely hypothetical fashion given the lieutenant here is on duty and is of fine, upstanding moral fibre, credit to his mother ... but did you know you can build a still out of just about nothing, even recycle parts on a space station? Now, it does depend on having a bunch of quansim ... but given the stuff grows just about anywhere and was cheap as dirt, it usually passed for staple supplies in most resistance cells. Surely we've got it on station here if we're not all going to keel over from scurvy. It's the high sugar content, you see; rots down fast and distills even faster. A trained nerf could build a still to make some pretty potent Quanfire. Lisander, you've done it, haven't you?"

TAG: Sarge, Fins, Sirak, tjace, Xan

OOC: :p Quansim, as you might guess, is a very potent grape-type berry. From it you can make he sort of hard liquor that's equally effective at easing lonely hearts and degreasing engine parts.

12. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Penguinator-176, Ktala, HanSolo29, darthramza

That, for whatever reason, brought a tiny grin to Fenor's face. "Sure, sir," he said. "Old Pietr never figured out nerf steaks, but his spiceloaf is excellent."

He pulled open the hatch and stepped inside. Already inside were a Drall, a Selonian, and two human men: Tanial, Mariissa, Lazlo Lundi and Eryk Graf.

Fenor greeted the Drall with a cheery, "Hi, Tanial." His glance at the others was considerably more nervous, but he marched up to the counter regardless to talk to the cook (presumably the Pietr he had mentioned) leaving Gareg to introduce himself to the others, if he so wished.

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa

The other human, that Mariisa had noticed earlier seemed to notice her as well, as he hung behind the group. He returned her gaze, and then he tilted his head and lifted a hand to tip his hat. A greeting. Mariisa wiggled her ears in response, but then turned her attention back towards the door, which she opened for Tanial.

"Ah- thank you!" Tanial shot Mariissa a bright grin. "This particular hatch always seems to get stuck, it's most inconvenient..."

Mariisa gave the Drall a nod, and then peered inside to see what lay behind the door.
    Mariisa immediately found herself drawing back, as her eyes narrowed, ears back. By the Queen!!! Why was it so bright in here? Then again, if you werent sure of the food, you might want to see what it was you were eating, but really? The hanger bay, was nothing, compared to this room. She chirped, and put her hand to her pouch. Something poked up, and she quickly grabbed at it, and slid them over her head. Goggles. Thank goodness! Now, THAT was a bit better.

Tanial led the way inside. At the far end was a big window.. where the food came from?, Mariisa mused to herself. Lots of tables and chairs..all bolted down. Curious. Made to feed a lot of beings. She wondered how full this place would actually get. At the end of a counter, there was an elder looking human male, wiping the counter with some type of cloth. He straightened with a smile when they entered. "Hello there!" he greeted.

"Take a seat, anywhere - the next meal isn't for a few hours, but I can whip up something if you're hungry -"

"No need, no need, just after some caf!" Tanial waved cheerily as he started to head over to the machine that stood against the near wall. It caught Mariisa's attention immediately as it had an array of buttons and switches for caf and stimcaf and the various adjustments thereof. Buttons! Well, that was enough for her. As she stared the quiet human behind them suddenly spoke out.

"Caf is fine and all," he spoke in a loud voice, "But, perhaps some of us would like something with a little more...substance." He stepped forward and offered a smile as he came to stand among the others. "I'm sorry to intrude, but it has been quite a long journey and I'm famished. I hope you don't mind."

Another new arrival. Another male. She knew the humans were different, so she decided it would be a good idea for studies...along with her other job, of course. ?Of course, of course. Have a seat.? The old man waved vaguely at the tables as he gave the counter one last swipe and ambled through the door to the kitchen. ?Let me see what I can whip up ??

Whip up? Well, that certainly produced an interesting mental image. She noted how Tanial eyed the new human curiously for a moment, before bursting out in chatter once more, introducing himself.

Mariisa walked over towards the huge machine that stood against the wall. Sooo many buttons and switches. Caf. Stimcaf..and things to put in such drinks. A virtual coders dream machine! Her nose twitched, as she began to look over all the choices, a welcome distraction from the lights and the size of the room. She wasnt really hungry anyway, she wanted to get to work. This wasnt too difficult. Certainly big and fancy... but not too difficult at all.

Obviously, Caf was a very important thing, if it was to command such a huge machine, and its own wall. She wondered if it also did StimTea. Mariisa looked around for a moment, her noise twitching as she decided on what she figured was Stimcaff with something flavored...cho-co-late. She pulled out her own thermos, but then halted. She would try a cup of this stimcaff first, before filling up her thermos. She carefully pulled out a cup, and then poured a tiny cup of the mixture into it.

My! It certainly smelled good. She figured out the things to twist to make it lighter, and sweeter, and then she took her cup to a table to try it out. It was hot. Well, at least that part of the machine worked. If nothing else, she cou

14. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Ramza Edit: Post removed at user's request.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sacorr

The man didn?t respond at first but who did was a bit of a surprise, "Ah - that stairwell doesn't lead anywhere."

Sacorr?s head quickly whipped to the source, she was surprised to say the least as her free hand spread open. Preparing for defense and attack, but neither was needed with the female human Lt. that had startled her. She had scented the nearing of the older Selonian, but the Lt. was something she had not expected.

"It's not dangerous, but the hatches on the other floors are stuck shut. Where are you headed? Perhaps I could help."

?I?m heading to the cafeteria.? He gestured to his stomach. ?Long ride.? replied the other fighting male who she had originally spoken to. The fact that he put on a curling of his lips she decided to try to imitate it as she replied, ?I was heading to the same, as I am hungry.? Leaving it at that she stepped away from the stairwell to nowhere and toward the reclaimed erstwhile guide.

TAG: Xan, Spycoder9, Dockingbay94

16. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    OOC: Forgive my previous post it was not specific enough. I trust this will suffice Xan. Thank You ramza.

IC: Davos Reemus - West Wing Quarters - Lucifer Station

Davos had stared into the ceiling for what seemed like days but was most likely closer to an hour. He did not want to fall asleep as not see the faces of the dead, as they were a reminder of his failures. Davos had wanted to put that pain behind him and put it in a box in the back of mind. Yet this whole mission reminded him of his brother and Caleb's beliefs in Corellian independence and freedom. Caleb was of course the reason Davos was doing all of this, but sometimes Davos wondered whether he would have accepted this mission if his family had survived the Coronet Riots.

Davos never doubted his reasons for helping the underground movements of displaced citizens because they had no one to protect them, and he had sworn to do so when he was a part of the Coronet Police Forces. The fact that his compensation was coming from the Rakata was besides the point, the citizens needed him and he had shown up. In that line of thinking Davos felt that he found his answers. Not only was he honouring Caleb and his memory and beliefs, he was doing this for the citizens of Corellia. Either way, it was something worth fighting for.

Suddenly his comm terminal chirped, but who would be sending him messages? Especially here. Davos rose from the cot and studied the terminal. It was an older unit with no display of who was contacting him. Davos flipped the switch and replied, "Reemus here."

TAG: DarthXan318

17. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    Calcin
    Lucifer Station: Dead End

Calcin spent some time wandering alone through the dim corridors of the station. In a way, they reminded her of the tunnels of her homeland, or the mines of her past. Too wide for that, though. Yes, and too much light. Sight possible. Freedom of movement. Yes, better than mines.

Presently, Calcin rounded a corridor to find others from the shuttle. Medic, Younger. Lost? Likely. I am. Just then, she heard movement behind her and turned to find Lt. Destyan had crept up behind her. "Ah - that stairwell doesn't lead anywhere. It's not dangerous, but the hatches on the other floors are stuck shut. Where are you headed? Perhaps I could help."

Before Calcin could mention the command center, Medic piped up. ?I?m heading to the cafeteria. Long ride.? Younger seemed to agree with him. Funnily, she tried to imitate a human smile. Comical effect, most amusing. Really needs to learn more of humans. ?I was heading to the same, as I am hungry," she said. Calcin sighed, then turned to Destyan. "Cafeteria, I suppose. May as well see it, find some caf while there. Lead on."

TAG: Xan, spycoder, Mitth

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Major Ric Anders

Major Anders saluted his new commanding officer and shook his hand when it was extended. He had never heard of the man before, but had to asssume that he knew his business if he was in charge of this project. The CAF didn't hand out secret bases to just anybody. The model of the system immedietly attracted his attention. As a child he loved building models of nearly anything. Groundcars, Coney fighters and starships, he had even tried to build a scale of his home town out of egg cartons. That effort had ended in miserable failure when his father had thrown it away half finished.

He snapped back to the present as Captain Ferrault asked his opinion of the ground team he would be responsible for. He took the dossiers with their associated pictures and flimsies, scanning through them rapidly. There seemed to be no major issues with the team, but one fact did jump out at him. He voiced his concern to the Captain. "Not alot of career military assigned here, sir. Are we sure all of these people have their loyalties straight?"

OOC: I am assuming that as a groundpounder Anders is using the "Army" rank system and Captain Ferrault is a naval officer and thus uses the "naval" rank system and outranks Anders. If not just let me know Xan.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Eryk Graf
    On-Station, Cafeteria

An awkward silence followed his entrance as the Drall studied him curiously. He was most likely trying to determine whether he was friend or foe, which was rather humorous in its own right. Graf would not consider himself a particularly hard man, but cross him the wrong way and things could change. For the time being, he had no reason to come across as harsh and offered the being a warm smile.

That seemed to do the trick(or maybe he was just full of hot air) for the Drall quickly hurried on to introduce himself. ?Ah, hello! We haven?t met! I am Tanial, mechanic in charge of starship maintenance and general gophering. You are??

Graf tilted his head and studied Tanial for a long moment before reaching out to take the mechanic's outstretched hand, gripping it tightly. "Eryk Graf," he said simply, a hint of a smile still evident on his face. "You might have heard of me. I spend my days digging around in the dirt and uncovering bits and pieces of ancient relics...junk, really."

He chuckled and took a seat at the head of the nearest table, allowing his gaze to travel over the others. He nodded in greeting to the human male before continuing on to the Selonian. "And you, my dear, I believe we met earlier in the corridor if I'm not mistaken. You have quite a striking gaze, Miss...?"

TAG: Ktala, Peng, Xan, ramza

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa

Mariisa decided that this was decent stimcaff. Wonderful Stimcaff. She had never had stimcaff like this before. But it made her whiskers twitch. She started twitching her nose, and was about to reaching up, and touch them, when she noticed the human male from earlier look towards her. He had introduced himself...she caught the name Eryk Graf.... and that he enjoyed digging. A human that enjoyed digging. That was refreshing.

He looked over towards her. "And you, my dear, I believe we met earlier in the corridor if I'm not mistaken. You have quite a striking gaze, Miss...?"

Mariisa immediately dropped her hand, and looked over towards the male. She blinked. Ah. Miss. Human title, denoting female. She looked at the man, as her ears relaxed into a friendly pose, she tilted her head slightly to the right.

"Marissa. I am called Mariisa." She finally replied. By now, her whiskers had stopped twitching. He had mentioned something about the way she had looked at him, but she decided that was just an observation, so no response was necessary. "Have you tried their stimcaff? It is quite good." She added, not really knowing what else to say at the moment. Her ears twitched, and then she spoke once more. "So, have much chance to explore the station yet, or did you just arrive as well?" she asked him. As she spoke a tiny straw peeked out from one of her pouches, and stuck itself into her stimcaff cup. The cups contents decreased slightly. Mariisa noticed it, and tapped a nail on the tabletop in a quick series of taps. The straw quickly disappeared.

"Just curious." was all Mariisa said, as she waited for Eryk to respond.

TAG: Penguinator-176, HanSolo29, darthramza, anyone else in cafeteria, Xany

21. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    GM Note: Perfect, JMS, thank you. ;) Guys, please remember to always include an action in all your posts, unless your character is seriously just doing nothing at all. NPCs and the environment can't react to your deep inner thoughts!

Barden, correct.

Folks in/approaching the cafeteria, the cook Pietr is ready and able to whip up a variety of Corellian foods and other unrecorded delicacies for your culinary pleasure (although no alcoholic beverages are available, unfortunately, and his nerf steaks are always overdone). Feel free to place your orders, eat, etcetera without my interference. :D

[b]Jedi_MasterSkywalker[/b]
    [i]On-Station: West Wing Living Quarters[/i]

For a moment, nothing happened. Davos had just enough time to wonder if he imagined it when a deep, mechanical-sounding voice rasped: [i]"We are watching."[/i]

And then there was a click. The line went dead.

---

[b]Barden_Jusik[/b]
    [i]On-Station: Comm & Briefing Room[/i]

The Captain smiled grimly. "Major, aside from you and I, we have exactly three career military on this project, and one of those kids was commissioned last week. Intelligence is sure that none of the people on board this station has anti-Rakata sentiments or is a New Corellian agent ... but Intelligence is barely a year old, even if it did grow out of our spy network during the war. They've been wrong before."

He exhaled. "Still. Most of them are veterans of the war." Left unsaid was that it was difficult to find an adult Corellian who was [i]not[/i] a war veteran, and so this wasn't a particularly good yardstick for loyalty. The New Corellians were veterans too. "Keep an eye on them, but let them prove themselves. If we treat them with distrust, they [i]will[/i] turn traitor."

"Any other concerns, Major?"

---

[b]docking_bay94, Mitth_Fisto, spycoder9[/b]
    [i]On-Station: Corridors[/i]

Destyan tilted her head. "Ah. Yes, that would have been the quickest way there, if it wasn't blocked off." She looked apologetic. "I should have warned you - the maps haven't been updated since before the war. This way, please."

She led them back through their living quarters, through another section marked South Wing Living Quarters (this time lit by harsh white light instead of ghastly orange; perhaps not an improvement) and then down a stairwell that led out through yet another corridor that snaked back around the station to the west.

"Over there," she said, pointing out the hatched marked CAFETERIA in yellow lettering.

22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lisander Olic
    The Station

Recovery was stealing?

"You cannot steal what belongs to no one. So no, I am not a thief. Who possesses anything of worth compared to what the Rakatans left behind." He kept it at that. He was hardly insulted by being called a thief. Maybe his defense was probably a bit to trained and automatic with a too obviousgreat lack of enthusiasm. So he went along and these guys started talking about . . . a bar? Man, they were Corellians, how many of those were at home? Did they intend to start an entertaiment program?

Ran tried to make him look stupid. Lisander just gave him a cool smile. funtime was coming too it´s end, by any means. Well, in a minute or two.

"Oh yes, I did. Didn´t I? Morgue? That very romantic evening we shared on Drallus, did we not have a still nearby in that resort? You know it was fabulous. Moonlight. A warm breathe. Morgue, me - half naked actually . . . and some booze. Wonderful." he turned to Morgue. "Oh no, now I remember someone else must have build it. Do you remember Morgue? Certainly a night to remember!" He winked to her and looked around. "What do you say Morgue, do we get back to that mine near Selonia? I got the feeling we can do another shipping and another trip to Drallus before these guys painted their new living room. Maybe we find some Rakatan artifacts by accident, while our genius Ringwald here teaches nerfs distilling and deciding if Pink really is the new Green for his quarters." Lisander smiled, but he was actually serious. Time was money. If someone, anyone, out there did what they did, he was already looking. And they were loosing time. "Or we simply do that Drallus thing once more, you know my dear?" He laughed at Morgue. He couldn´t help but laugh.

Drallus.

They had shot him at Drallus.

If it hadn´t been for Morgue . . .

"Well, maybe not Drallus." He sighed as he stepped to his partner. In a low voice he hissed at her. "What have you gotten me into? Since when are we involved in illegal alcohol trading by grad-students??"

Tag: Sirak, Siant, Sarge, tjace, Xany

23. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    IC: Davos Reemus - West Wing Quarters - Lucifer Station

After Davos had answered the comm he waited for a response from the caller but nothing happened immediately. Suddenly a mechanical sounding voice rasped: "We are watching." There was a click, and then silence.

Davos stood there for a second looking at the terminal and said aloud to himself, "What the hell was that?" Davos started pushing buttons on the terminal to see if there was some way to trace the source of the transmission but due to the old nature of the device there was not any way to do so. He sat down on the bunk again and his mind started to run wild with possibilities. Was this some type of practical joke? Which was not funny in the least. Considering who he met already on the station, Davos felt that this was an unlikely scenario.

What had he gotten himself into? Why were these people contacting him especially out of everyone here to let them know that they were watching. It seemed the mission was not so top secret suddenly. Davos had assumed that the group he was a part of was assembled to make progressive steps for Corellia and its systems. Or was it? A small trace of doubt started to enter his mind. What was really going on here? Was this really a search for Rakatan tech or were they serving someone else's agenda? Davos knew the CAF was a young group in terms of its existence, but Davos questioned, who was really running all of this? Credits were needed to resurrect an old station of this size, and did the new government really pay for all of this, or were there private, behind the scenes wheelers and dealers in all of this as well?

The next question that Davos considered and most likely the most important one was, should he reveal this comm message to anyone? Perhaps the Major? Or one of the two Lieutenants that had escorted the team to their quarters? Davos considered it all and then felt that maybe he should see how things played out first. He needed to know if the people he was working for were legitimately interested in helping Corellia, or were there other players in this game? Davos looked around the room and started looking for surveillance devices looking at or listening to him. He wondered whether the comm unit in his room was connected to some main frame that had heard the whole conversation, such as it was.

Davos did not find anything but for now he would keep this all to himself. He used the refresher, cleaned himself up, changed, and put one of his blades on his belt, and another one on its boot strap. He needed to hyper vigilant now.

TAG: DarthXan318

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Axel Antilles

The lieutenant showed them to their quarters anyway. Axel dropped his duffel on the bunk. Typical furnishings in the rest of the room, a chair, a desk, a footlocker. No palace, but that was fine with him. Another quick glance around, then he rejoined the others. The pilot Zahara was asking about the facilities on the station, the most important, the bar, in particular. That was a question that Axel was also quite eager to learn the answer to.

The lieutenant had some bad news for them. No bar. What kind of place was this, anyway?

Zahara and Ringhaven seemed to be on the ball, though, looking to take charge of bar construction and some ingredients to make the drink with.
    ?I?m no nerf, historian, but I could fix us up a still right quick,? Axel said. ?Although I wouldn?t want to use just any recycled parts. I bet we could get some nice glassware from the mess hall, or even one of the chem labs, assuming we have such labs on this station.?

TAG: Xan, Fins, Sirak, Saintheart, Sarge

25. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    Station

"Oh yes, that night at the beach. I really think that distillery belogned to someone else." Giving Lisander a smile of a fellow conpirator she allowed him to step closer to her. They both new what that night had happened. Lisander had almost died. They had run into Selonian smugglers who had planned to steal their ship to smuggle alcohol into corellia just when the security forces tried to make an arrest. It all ended in a wild firefight in which the Smugglerlord, as he titled himself, shot Lisander into the back. Morgue had killed him. him and everybody else on that beach, in her anger. And then she had for the first time to fly the Cheap Trick. Lisander barely made it, but he made it. nobody ever learned of this night and her and Lisander tried to tell each other they had not run out of luck, when they both slowly realized . . . you do not retire in their line of work, except you retire early.

"They are official. Means. They are slow. Gimme some room here, will you? We´re paid exuqisite money for waiting, if you ask me." She hissed back to Lisander and looked deep into his eyes. The others kept on discussing the distillery. Okay. What a bunch of professionals.

"Rigel? Have I missed something or did you forget to tell me. are we actually all off duty?" She reminded that young idiot . . . called officer, of his duty. And that booze was probably not the right thing to discuss at work. "We should probably see that we get down to business, before we have to pay taxes." Looking at Ran she thought that Lisander was right about him in some ways. He wasn´t like them. He was more lighthearted, more easily distracted. He was prey and not a hunter. And surprising to her, she found it was her job to keep the predators away. Looking at Lisander she wondndered if he was one of them and smiled at the thought.

Tag: Xany, Saint, Sarge, tjace, Fin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.