main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Corellia: Reach for the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthXan318, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    Briefing Room

"Yes. Morgue, that´s Captain Olic." With a nod she acknowledged the man´s eagerness to be of help. They actually had never needed any, but this trip was paid, so they would take passengers. Certainly. Morgue turned from Carek to Ran who passed them ,revealing worries that Morgue thought were totally unneccessary. They were all so nervous. She considered thisto be an easy job, actually. "Don´t worry about us. We´re the pros. You take care. And carry gun, this time." She winked at him and then nodded to Lisander, indicating she was ready now.

Tag: Saint, Spy, others

2. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Davos Reemus - Comms and Briefing Room - Lucifer Station

Davos watched and listen to Captain Ferrault as he gave out the assignments to the group. He was content with the group he had been assigned to and listened to his squad mate?s responses. The pilot had said he was going to prepare the ship and the lead "treasure hunter/explorer" had begun speaking to others. Davos did not need to hear anything else and he left the room and walked towards his quarters to prepare his kits for departure.

Davos entered his quarters and took out his assignment jump suit and belt packs. He loaded the two blasters on to his belt, took extra ammunition clips and placed them in the belts. The two blades he had on himself were fine and so he took the third smaller one and put it into its place in the back belt slot. A few frag grenades and a stun baton went into his back pack along with the electrobinoculars, night vision goggles, and portable illuminating sticks.

Davos felt that this would be enough materials, he always wanted to be ready. Hopefully he would not need the weapons but he felt a little nervous after that call into his room. Still he wondered was he on the right side?

TAG: Anyone

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lazlo Lundi
    On-Station: The Cafeteria

Lazlo's head turned at Gareg's introduction. He stared for a solid minute, eyes unblinking, before scanning over the Drall. He seemed to have more sense in him than that other one, Tanial. Needs to work on his caff-getting skills, he thought wryly. Gareg wasn't an idiot. That made him worth talking to.

The minute passed, and Lazlo spoke. "Lazlo Lundi. Mechanic. I fix things." He thought for another moment - be polite, remember? - and extended a hand. "Good. Meeting you. Good to meet you."

He looked over at the other one, Eryk, nodded briefly.

"Gareg. What do you do?"

Tag: Ramza

[i]On-Station: Briefing room[/i]

He wasn't quite sure who Ringhaven was, but that didn't really matter to him. As long as there was something for him to do, he was happy anywhere.

Lazlo stood and looked about, unsure of who he was supposed to talk to in this instance. He felt like he should mention his fixes in the shaft to Ferrault, but decided against it. He'd filled out enough of a report earlier.

The one who stood up and spoke of flying had to be Zahara; no other pilots had been explicitly assigned, as far as Lazlo could tell. He spoke up himself. "I'll go with you. I'm good with ships."

Inwardly, Lazlo let satisfaction creep into his being. He hadn't said anything others considered "awkward" or "rude." [i]Probably a good thing I didn't say I'm good with any machine.[/i]

[b]Tag: Sarge, Saint, Jedi_MasterSkywalker[/b]

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sacorr

Nodding at the assignments she understood their reasoning for the extra security when dealing with a group of break-away Corellian?s that did not agree with the direction of the rest of their species. A rogue den was the best context that she could think to put it into.

Speaking of dens, she and the other Selonians had all been put on the same team. Her own nose twitched at this. The young one and the old one would be interesting to work with, the old was good with understanding their odd ?security? leader?s intentions, the young. . .her bag had seemed to move or shifted on it?s own. She was a curiosity, but either way at least she would not have to question the words of these companions. Tales were high about human complicity to deception as well as putting self above their den, or rather ?community?.

Standing now that all was over with unless someone from her team stated a question she gave a flick of her tail in mild annoyance as she looked at the non-Selonian companions. ?Shall you prepare and we all regroup at the ship?? Personally she had nothing to prepare, she had not left anything behind and kept her belongings with her. From here she planned merely to go to the Hanger and wait.

TAG: Xan, Corellia Team

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Eryk Graf
    On-Station, Briefing Room

Aside from the brief conversation with Ringhaven concerning the finer points of Rakatan history and technology, the remainder of the meeting proved to be rather boring with the majority of the participants squabbling over what site they preferred to check out. It was all a joke considering over half of the participants had no real clue what they were dealing with. Most of them probably viewed it as just another job and to Graf, that was insulting. It was certainly going to be a new experience for him, especially since it was now quite clear that he was going to be on his own without Ringhaven there to assist.

Well, he would just have to make do with what was available to him...

Turning to make his way out of the briefing room at the conclusion of the meeting, he came across one of the female Selonians who had been assigned to his group. She didn't seem too happy over the circumstances herself and thumped her tail in what Graf could only describe as annoyance as she turned to the non-Selonians in the group. ?Shall you prepare and we all regroup at the ship?? she asked gruffly.

Graf stopped walking and turned to the furry creature with a wane smile. "Of course, whatever suits your fancy, my dear," he drawled, coming across as rather flippant. "I have only a few things to gather, but then we can be on our way. I tend to pack light...I'm a practical man, after all."

With a tip of his hat, he moved passed the Selonian to return to his quarters to download the information the Captain had mentioned would be available on the terminal and to grab his bag.

TAG: Mitth, Xan, Corellia team

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    Briefing Room

The Captain confirmed just who was going where.

Carek was thoroughly pleased to have chosen exactly what he had chosen. These two people would make the trip both unique but also fun. And easy.

Very easy, considering the undercover ruthlessness of this woman. Morgue. Very fitting of a name, but he doubted that was her actual name.

?Well, I am very pleased to meet both of you. Especially Morgue. You seem like you are more than meets the eye.? He grinned.

TAG: Sirak, Fin, Xany, tjace

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    Briefing Room

Morgue turned to the grinning young man and resisted the urge to rip out some of his teeth. Then she cooly returned the smile.

"I am actually exactly what you see. If you know how to look." She said instead and then turned to Lisander. "By the Gods." She hissed and alrteady knew he would probably enjoy this a lot. Her locked with all those guys who thought they had figured her out. How many dead men had thought that. Turning to the room in general she addressed their two extra crew-members. "Meet you at the Cheap Trick, thirty minutes. Biggest ship in the bay. Can´t miss it." She nodded and left, knowing Lisander would probably follow her, mocking her. A last look went to Ran, wishing him luck without words.

Tag: Spy, Fin, tjace, Saint, Xany, others

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    On-Station: Docking Bay

Human males and older Selonians. This was going to be a very different trip. Mariisa hoped they would get together to chat a bit first. But what she saw was that one of the elders gave a flick of her tail towards the humans. The one called Sacoor.

"Shall you prepare and we all regroup at the ship?" she had asked them. Mariisa froze, listening now, as the one called Graf seemed to be ready to answer her. Graf stopped walking and turned to the Sacorr with a smile. "Of course, whatever suits your fancy, my dear," he stated, in a very strange voice. Mariisa did not understand its meaning. "I have only a few things to gather, but then we can be on our way. I tend to pack light...I'm a practical man, after all." With a tip of his hat, he moved passed Sacorr and headed out.

Mariisa was not sure what to make of that. But it seemed they were to meet at the ship. She was not really sure if that was normal, or he was joking. Something to learn, she guessed. She did not really know WHICH ship...but the Captain human had set the information had been sent to their quarters. So she would find out there. Mariisa turned, and left the meeting area. She had a thermos full of the great stimcaff, she headed back to her quarters, to retrieve only a few articles of clothing, and her secondary tool kit. Her computers and bots always stayed with her. And not knowing anything about Corellia, she figured she might need a few bits of clothing, if nothing but rain gear, just in case. A backpack, for all the other bits and pieces.

Once inside her quarters, she quickly packed up her few belongings, and then she reached inside of her bag, and pulled out 3 tiny bots. they were fighting over some part she had put in the bag earlier. She began to squeak at them. /Ok. no playing around. Mission time now. BEHAVE or else!/

Two of the tiny bots began to squeak back at her. She groaned, but gently played with them for a moment, and gave them some oil. One let her know that he could now recreate the stimcaff she liked...minus the cho-co-late...for now. That made her feel better. She called up the information, and found the ship she had been assigned to, and where it was located. She let the bots know where also. Together, it would take them no time to find the ship. One tiny bot had already managed to download the shaky schematics, so she would not get quite so lost.

After she got the information she needed, she downloaded it to her padd, and called up information about the planet, as best as she could. It went into her computer. Something to study while they were in transit. She had a feeling she would need something to keep her mind busy, as she really would not have much to do, until they actually REACHED the technology. Might as well learn, while she could. Of course, if they found some neat parts to pick up, while they were walking.. Mariisa slid the goggles from her eyes down to her neck, and gently packed up everything and everyone. She then made her way to the entrance of the docking bay, and waited. She could always study code. She tried to pick which ship was the one they were to leave on. hoped it did not need any repairs. She rather study code. Besides, being the youngest, they would most likely try to dump work on her. Nope. Study code. Would see. Maybe others would talk then.

Study code for now.

TAG: Corellia Team, Xan

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Sirak - I lol'ed. Poor Morgue. [face_laugh]

Everyone - you will all shortly receive a PM with info on your respective sites. :) Feel free to keep making preparations and fly to the planets at your leisure. I?ll move things along if necessary.

[b]Sarge221, Penguinator-176, Ktala[/b]
    [i]On-Station: Hangar Bay[/i]

When Lyle and Lazlo went to the ship, they were greeted with the perhaps un-comforting sight of a Drall with his head up an access panel.

?Oh, hello!? the Drall said brightly as they approached, popping out like a strange reverse Drall-in-a-box toy. Lazlo would probably recognise him instantly. ?Tanial, starship mechanic, at your service!? He dogged the panel back, still talking. ?Never fear, your ship is in good shape - well, relatively speaking, anyway. It?ll get you where you need to be!?

Mariisa would probably be able to see them from her vantage point at the entrance to the hangar bay, but the ship her team had been assigned was the battered mid-sized freighter in the front.

---

[b]darthramza[/b]
    [i]On-Station: Comm & Briefing Room[/i]

It took some longer than others, but in a few minutes the ground crews had drifted out of the briefing room. Captain Ferrault watched them leave with a rather weary look on his face, and then he strode out as well without a word.

Thus leaving Gareg with Fenor and the three lieutenants he hadn?t had a chance to meet.
    Two of them, anyway. One of them, the Selonian, stalked out right after the captain.

One of them approached him now - the human man. ?I?m Lieutenant Rigel,? he introduced, holding a hand out to shake. ?I?m in charge of the tech lab, or will be anyway, once we have anything to study. This is Lieutenant Destyan -? the human woman held out her hand as well, smiling, ?and the Selonian who was just here is Lieutenant Vanya, in charge of station security. Don?t mind her, she?s a bit prickly.?

?I handle logistics,? Destyan said, ?so if you need anything, come to me, and I?ll see what I can do.?
    ?Unless it?s a holoprojector,? Rigel interjected, grinning. ?Can?t get one of those -?
    ?Oh, go build one from parts or something.?
    ?Fenor already tried, remember??

?Anyway,? Destyan said, ?The three of us are station crew as well, so we?ll probably be working quite closely over the next few months.?

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Sirak input to wrap the scene up. My info packet get´s "used" in the next post.

Lisander Olic
    Station

He nodded to Ran and was about to just let him stand there, when he turned back. "Take her advise. Get yourself a gun." Lisander added and left right after Morgue. The Med made some of hand comment about Morgue and Lisander actually counted down his chances of survival. The guy was alreeady below eighty percent and considering how Morgue looked that was optimistic. He nodded when she ordered everybody to be on their ship and then followed her down the corridor.

She expected him to say something, so he surrpised her with silence. He stayed silent until they reached the ship.

"I thought a board would be nice. we could make some money out of it, betting daily what you are breaking more of. Hearts or skulls." He grinned and pointed to the place that was perfect for such a board in his view. "What do you think?"

Morgue looked and nodded. "And you can already write down the first skull. Because that will be yours." She replied and vanished in her cabine.

Lisander laughed. "And that is the first heart." He just said and checked his gun. New members on board. You could never trust someone from the Government. From any Government.

Tag: Myself, crew

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Major Ric Anders
    On-Station: Comm & Briefing Room

Anders wasn't surprised to hear he would be assigned to the Corellia mission. It was behind enemy lines and was probably the mission most likely to encounter armed resistance. He was glad to see that they had also received the majority of the security team as well.

As it was made clear that the briefing was over he stood and nodded to those members that he would be flying back to Corellia. He approached them as Sacorr thumped her tail and spoke up.

?Shall you prepare and we all regroup at the ship?? Anders hadn't served with many Selonians during the wars, and was unfamiliar with many of their social norms, but she seemed to be easily agitated. He had found it interesting that all of the Selonians had been placed on the same team. He was sure he wasn't the only one that had noticed.

"Of course, whatever suits your fancy, my dear. I have only a few things to gather, but then we can be on our way. I tend to pack light...I'm a practical man, after all." Graf said arrogantly before leaving. Hopefully he could back that arrogance up. So too the Selonian computer expert, Mariisa left rather quickly, without saying a word. Maybe she was like other "computer people" and more comfortable around her programs than around people. She seemed rather young, Anders hoped she could cope with the pressures of their assignment.

That left Anders standing with the other members of the security team. "Gather your gear and anything else you might need, weapons, ammo, comms. We will meet up at the ship for final brief and depart in 20 minutes." He thought back to the files he had been shown earlier, figuring out where and how to best use everyone.

"Sacorr," hoping he pronounced her name correctly, "It said in your file you are cross trained as a medic as well. Get down to the Infirmery and grab youself a med-kit if you don't already have one, you are pulling double duty this go around."

"Calcin, I am going to want you on point as much as possible once we get there. In case we run into resistance I want a fighter up front. See you both in 20 minutes."

With that he also turned and left the briefing room. He went straight to his quarters where he looked over the mission information. Great, he would be flying the same bucket of bolts that he had piloted here. The old bucket wasn't even armed, not that it mattered much. With a team their size they would have to sneak in and out of the region anyway. The unassuming nature of the vessel could even be a blessing in disguise, they could pass for a civilian transport should the need occur. But before the next mission I will need to get the tech teams to arm this thing up a bit.

Intel said that it was unlikely for them to run into heavy resistance, which meant that they would probably be landing in the middle a New Corellian base. So his next trip was to the Armory where he equipped himself with a rifle to go along with his sidearm along with spare ammo for both and some radio equipment.

[image=http://i46.tinypic.com/112d8qg.jpg]

That done he finally made his way back to the hanger to await the rest of his team.

TAG: Corellia Team

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    On-Station: Docking Bay

Mariisa was standing near the entrance, when she saw movement inside. She had just read the name of the ship, the Shachihata, so Mariisa decided to walk in, and take a look. She didnt really like being in the docking area too much. Very wide. Very open. She ignored the room, as she peered around, looking at the different ships. She saw some of the others, speaking next to a battered mid-sized freighter in the front. Mariisa swished her tail as she walked over, looking over the ship.

Wow. And she thought the station looked old. A familiar looking Drall. He seemed to be putting a panel back in place. Oh. Well, if the humans trusted this thing, it should be ok. Maybe. She looked up, sitting back as she stared at the ship. The other human she had not met yet was listed as the pilot. She gave a friendly wave, and then started reading her coding once more. She sure hoped that there was at least something to snarf from this mission, or it was going to be no fun. But she was sure that she could at least find something to snag her interest. Course, she could have opted to stay on the station..but where would the fun of THAT be?

TAG: Corellia Team

13. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    Calcin
    Lucifer Station: Around

Corellia after all. But no Drall, he stays here. Oh well. That left... Anders. Younger and Youngest. And Scholar. Well, one of them, anyway. People began to file out, the teams talking amongst themselves. Younger asked about departure. Scholar and Youngest exchanged pleasantries. Anders, head in the game, assigned roles. Younger would double as medic. "Calcin, I am going to want you on point as much as possible once we get there. In case we run into resistance I want a fighter up front. See you both in 20 minutes." Point? Very well. Giving a nod of acknowledgement, Calcin went to her quarters to gather her things.

Anders. Younger. Youngest. Scholar. All the Selonians... Planned? Very odd... Point. Haven't held Point in... some time. Months? Years? Will need to get... reacquainted with Point. Also will need gun. Glaive wonderful, useful, but... shortrange. Arriving at her quarters, Calcin quickly gathered her meager things into a rucksack, strapped her glaive to it, threw on a rain cape (Always rains on missions... Why always rain?), and headed down to the armory. Glancing over the firearms, she picked out a small sub-machine gun, which she holstered to her hip, and a light machine gun, which she folded into the rucksack. Firepower always good. Even on stealth missions... always get caught. Except when you don't. Profound, that. She grabbed some extra clips and some ammo belts, which she affixed to bandoleers and slung over her shoulders, then headed to the hangar to wait. On the way she reviewed the mission info.

Low intel. Wide search range. Hostiles: few. Meaning many. Fighting: almost sure. Will need to be on top of things. Look out for the Young ones. Follow Anders. Seems to know what he's doing. Scholar is wild card. Need more interaction.

She arrived in the hangar to see Youngest, Pilot, and Mechanic. Pilot and Mechanic by ship, Youngest by herself, reading something. Rather than introducing herself, Calcin found a box and sat on it, waiting for Anders.

TAG: Corellia Team, Xan

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Moved myself along a bit here so I'm on the ship at least...

Ran Ringhaven
    Cabin, aboard the #CYT190-A

Ran heard some snatches of the conversation up on the bridge, but for his part he wasn't concentrating on them. Instead, he had several of his texts open in front of him, as well a set of notes that described the limited intelligence that was available on the base beneath.
    He was paying close attention, even if the implications sent unholy things crawling up his spine.

Ran had worked intelligence during the war, so the basic format of the intel report was familiar enough. Redactions of servicemen's names were also anticipated, particularly in the first stages of the war when the Corellian Underground hadn't yet perfected the art of making their troops' families disappear out from underneath Rakatan surveillance systems. Even so, even for an intel report, the report was cagey indeed.

He'd been right; it was, indeed, Cadelmin -- a former agricultural hub for the entire Tralus system, ten thousand souls or so, with extensive farmland all around it. Which made it a natural place for the Rakatan comm array that the resistance had targeted in the early stages of the war. The resistance had found the base beneath it, then had to evacuate ahead of a counterstrike by coney flyers. It had been years since anyone was near the place, though Ran very much doubted that would remain so. Cadelmin being created as an agricultural hub was no accident - it was in a centralised location and had some defensibility from conventional assault. Just because it had been blasted away did not take from those attractive aspects of it, and one historical truth was that attractive voids tended to be filled by fresh occupants.

He forced himself back to the intel report. Cagey; a bland supposition that live weapons testing had been conducted in the base. The conclusion of a bureaucrat -- the problem being that intel had very, very little space or time for bureaucrats. On the contrary: the bland supposition was quite the opposite of any intel report he'd read during the war.

Everything about the report suggested to Ringhaven that whoever wrote it wanted the reader to get the message by implication rather than direct suggestion. The problem being that Ran wasn't seeing the implications yet. True, none of the troops on the mission had been prepared to talk about what they'd found, but still: the report indicated, courtesy of an interview with one Corporal [redacted] conducted by a Major [redacted], that Rakatan scientists had tried to defend the base with what seemed to be prototype weapons. Unsuccessfully, of course.
    And then, that angry, chilling disclosure by Corporal [redacted]: "Think they can treat our people like animals - so we slaughtered them like animals!"

Prototype weapons. A testing base, perhaps. And a group of stone cold killers -- as the early resistance teams were -- gets horrified enough to murder every last Rakatan in the facility.

Had the Rakatans been testing their weapons on live Corellian subjects?

Some part of Ran's mind still serving in the intelligence corps wasn't buying it. For a start, Rakatan atrocities against their slave populace were not uncommon; the coneys had been merciless and brutal when it came to suppressing dissent or indeed crime. Ran wasn't told the full details of how his great-grandmother was dealt with until he'd turned eighteen or so. It made neither for pretty telling nor pleasant imagining. Odds were on every man and woman on the assault team would've seen a lot of bad things in their time under Rakatan rule -- surely more than to blink an eyelid about Rakatans using live test subjects. And for that matter, where were the test subjects? There was no mention of the team evacuating any survivors - though it was made clear that the team had gunned down everyone inside.

Unless, of course, the team had also executed any survivors.

Which led Ran to a series of very dark and very deep holes: if that were true, what wou

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Double post, but because all the cool kids are doing it, Ran has two basic weapons. One is a "small" steampunk-ish looking pistol, but his weapon of choice is...

[image=http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FET/2PYJ/G1QWB4FL/FET2PYJG1QWB4FL.MEDIUM.jpg]

...this bad boy. Automatic crossbow, can you dig it? :)

16. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    Hangar

Carek could tell he had set the woman off. And she was not someone he wanted to set off. After saying good-bye, he hurried back to his room and gathered his bags. Cay had told him that his lack of communication skills would get him in some serious trouble one of these days. But she assumed she knew everything. Just like his parents. At least Cay had supported his decisions. His parents, upon learning of his wishes to adventure out into space, sent him a vicious message threatening him with the fact that they would never speak to him again if he left.

He left anyway.

Ignorance, if the message came up, was bliss.

Carek walked with his little bag of things to the hangar. Looking for the biggest ship, he finally noticed it.

Should I go up there? Or should I not? I could back out now, of course.

But he didn?t. He was already too far in. He requested permission aboard, looking around as he first entered. He noticed the man, Lisander, wasn?t it? He said hello, and then drew him to the side for a minute.

?Did I say something wrong to her?? He checked to see if she was looking. ?I didn?t mean to, if so. I?m pleased to be working with you, though. Did you receive any more information on the mission?"

TAG: Fin, Sirak, Xany, tjace

17. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara
    On-Station, Hangar Bay

"Well I hope you like ships too," Lyle had spoken to Lazlo, "because mine needs a lot of work."

After introducing himself and shaking the other human's hand, Lyle had started to lead them both back to the hangar where his ship was docked. He was slightly proud of himself for getting most of the way back on his own. He had waited to see which way one of the regular station occupants had gone in order to begin his journey to the hangar but everything else went pretty smoothly as he was able to guide himself the rest of the way there.

"Landing gear seemed a bit stuck when I tried landing the first time," Lyle spoke, already listing down the problems for Lazlo to look at whenever he got the chance. "I think something may be wrong with one of the generators as well; my ship's acceleration and engine pitch had been off the entire way here. And you know any place where a guy can get some padded cushioning? I know people like their leather but, honestly, I could go for some cloth seats. Do you think the Rakata had any taste of upholstery and we could find something lying around in this sta...tion...?"

The reason for Lyle's words trailing off was, upon entering the hangar, he took notice of the very obvious sight of a Drall that was currently stuffed in one of the access panels of the ship. His ship. Despite having been wanting a mechanic to look it over, Lyle felt a sudden spike of annoyance and outright offense at seeing the furry butt sticking out of that exposed part of the vessel. Making repairs on his ship was all fine and good; the problem was that he liked it when people asked for permission or at the very least informed him of any repairs that were going on before actually doing them. Who knew what the little fuzzball had tinkered with?

Not to mention the hairballs that may've just gathered in there! Power cables attract hair!

Nonetheless, Lyle forced a tight smile. It was difficult, especially with how cheery the Drall sounded. As if he had done nothing wrong at all.

"I'm hoping that was the landing gear you fixed," Lyle finally mustered himself to say. "It kind of got stuck on the way here."

That was the problem right there! Lyle would like to think the Drall had gotten a clear and present problem fixed but may've done something entirely different. Something more trivial that is.

Maybe modified my ship's cameras for extra high-definition viewing. Like I really need that and not the capability of landing.

Despite his annoyed focus on the Drall, Lyle was aware of the other going-ons in the hangar. A Selonian off to the side actually waved and, being polite and seeing that she was out of the way and doing nothing that involved messing with his ship, the pilot waved back at her.

He also took note of Ran walking past and, seeming ignoring the Drall's antics, wandered back onto the ship to prepare for the flight. He was looking over the piece of intel that they had been given and Lyle remembered that he had just stuffed his in his pocket, ready to view for later.

Long flight. Plenty of time to read. Nothing could go wrong.

Unless a rogue hairball clogs one of the fuel injectors for my sublight drive and it explodes, causing us to go spiraling out of control into some random patch of space where no one will look for us and, boom, there goes our recovery team. Thanks a lot furball.

TAG: Saintheart, Peng, Xani, Ktala, Whomever

18. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Sarge221, Penguinator-176, (Saintheart)
    On-Station: Hangar Bay

Tanial blinked. He was the very picture of fuzzy innocence and confusion.

"Landing gear?" he repeated. "No, those were your fuel lines. Had to stop the dripping - but I wasn't aware of a problem with the gear - let me see!"

He ducked under one of the landing struts and, displaying an amazing level of obliviousness towards the pilot's ire, popped open yet another hatch. "Hmm, hmm, what do we have here ... aha." The Drall popped back out. "I think I see the problem! One of the leads in the back could use a bit more grease, it's all dried up and shrivelly, I just have to ... dismantle ..."

Lyle's annoyance finally seemed to register.

"Er, but you're in a hurry, I see!" Tanial flashed an apologetic grin and dogged the panel back shut. "Not to worry, not to worry, and I'll have it fixed up in no time when you get back. It should last a couple more landings before snapping."

That was also perhaps not comforting.

---

docking_bay94, Ktala, Bardan_Jusik
    On-Station: Hangar Bay

The ship Anders had flown in was the Shachihata, according to the faded lettering on its side. It was a completely unimpressive mid-sized freighter, but it did have the advantage over the other beat-up ship in the hangar in that it didn't appear to have a Drall mechanic hanging out of it.

Its ramp was lowered, just as they had left it.

---

Mitth_Fisto
    On-Station

If Sacorr was inclined to follow Anders' instructions, the station did have a medical bay located in the north quadrant on the same floor as the cafeteria.

Assuming the map was right, anyway.

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lazlo Lundi
    On-Station: Hangar

Lazlo stopped dead in his tracks as that Tanial appeared from the inner workings of the ship.

The ship was a heap of junk. That in and of itself was a problem, but he could fix that; he was terribly good at fixing things, after all. Scanning over the ship just became blank staring. His jaw was slack, he realized, and he tried to move closer. Lyle mentioned the landing gear being sticky, continued to talk about acceleration and pitch, but he'd noticed the drall too.

Lazlo hurried up to the ship and edged past Tanial to get a good look at things. Voices muffled as he stuck his head in various places to get a look.

"I'm hoping that was the landing gear you fixed," Lyle said. "It kind of got stuck on the way here."

Lazlo bit his lip as Tanial launched into an explanation. He tried to focus on the panel the drall had been working in, but even then all he noticed were quick fixes, delaying tactics at making things work properly. And then-

"Er, but you're in a hurry, I see!" Tanial flashed an apologetic grin and dogged the panel back shut. "Not to worry, not to worry, and I'll have it fixed up in no time when you get back. It should last a couple more landings before snapping."

Lazlo snapped.

"A few more?" His gaze settled on Tanial. And then, realization: he turned slowly to Lyle. "You. You don't look after your ship!" He couldn't figure out who was more infuriating at this moment. "Tanial! Cheap fixes are not good!"

he bit his lip, took a deep breath.

"When we get back, I'll fix the ship. Until then, I'll..." Twiddle my thumbs? Go insane? "...I'll...if either of you touch a tool within fifty metres of this ship, I will club you with my wrench. Hard."

Tag: Sarge, Saint, JMS, Xani

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    The Cheap Trick, Private Quarters

Animals, smugglers, grave-robbers, paramilitary groups who had not integrated too well into the Government after it´s formation, madmen haunting the ruins . . . there were a lot of possible problems that scout could have run in. There was obviously one solution to it. He could also be an idiot. The Corellian Government had no lack of those, she realized. With a sigh Morgue took the first of her weapons and put it on the bed in her small room.

She would prepare them, but it was actually only a distraction. She needed a few hours cfor herself. she needed to write it all down, ready the capsule and then make sure she shot it into space when nobody was watching. If asked why she wasn´t there when they took of she better had an explanation. Weapons were perfect. They were totally her.
    A clichée thing for her to do. She had already double checked them before setting foot on the station, but did that matter? Lisander never gave such things too much sort. He checked the machine three times a day himself when he was in the mood and then checked that alcoholic drinks they had stockpiled as often, if that was his mood. He would not suspect anything. for any other it would look perfectly natural for her to do. And obviously the chances of anyone coming in where almost zero, as her room was double locked both mechanical and electronically.

Nevertheless she did lay their weapons down on the bed. Her two guns she had already packed when they left the ship. The heavy blaster, for the bigger things to kill. The assault rifle, a model used by the resistance a lot. The sniper rifle, handmade for her by a Selonian tech-wizard. Three knifes. One short blade. The nuckle breaker, just in case.

[image=http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/images/TourPictures/14_BrassBlade_lge.jpg]

[image=http://sodanova.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/steampunk_sword.jpg?w=570]

[image=http://www.dontdopeas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/steampunk-gun0.jpg]

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Rwilj6uxGkQ/TM-itpTFd-I/AAAAAAAAE3g/slS56jB3wNQ/s1600/Nerf_Steampunk_Rifle_by_sonic_reducer.jpg]

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Rwilj6uxGkQ/TM-i05HHXTI/AAAAAAAAE3w/ztp29l3eMXs/s1600/nerf-steampunk-sniper-rifle.jpg]

They were all oiled and sharpened and therefore rady for any dark deed they would have to serve. Guns, the short blade, one of the knifes and the assault rifle would be her equipment. She had decided that the second she saw the target. Confined spaces, short range combat possible. Sniper rifles were useless and heavy pistols were not practical when you did not know how many ammo you needed. the small ones she was already wearing had to do.

And with that she sighed, turned and sat down on her desk. She had writing to do and the capsule, hidden beneath her bed had to be prepared. She could do that in 30 minutes, she knew. But Lisander was already power up the machines and that meant that he would probably be expecting her soon.

Tag: Fin, tjace, Spy, Xany

ooc: Finding cool steampunk weapons is becoming sort of a sport for me [face_laugh]

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    On-Station: Hanger Bay

Mariisa noted that one of the other Selonians hd entered, but sat off to herself, alone. She also noted that she was armed. Very armed. Mariisa only carried a pair of daggers. She suddenly felt rather strange about that. She looked at her gear. But, their mission was stealth, yes? So, if stealth, not need lots of firepower? She hoped not. She looked around, to take mind off of that thought, and noticed the human she had waved at, actually waved back. She flashed a smile, happy. She quickly noted that he however, was not happy with the Drall working on the ship.

She could understand that. She did not like it when people messed with her tools. Pilots not like it when people mess with their ship. At least, not without permission, she would guess. Very annoying. Hard to keep track of things that way. All messy messy. She hoped her group was not messy messy.

The Shachihata, was parked nearby. It was a mid-sized freighter. So, that was good thing, right? But no Dralls hovering near it. It looked ready to go. Guess that was a good thing. She noticed that the ramp was lowered. As much as she hated being in the hanger bay, she rather wait outside of ship, than enter. At least until pilot showed up. But she was curious. So after giving a sympathetic head nod to the other pilot, who seemed to be busy talking/yelling to Tanial, she walked over closer to the ship she would be taking, and looked up the ramp, trying to see what she could see from outside. The different smells hit her nose. Oil,
    fuel, a musty smell. It looked cosy. Old.

Mariisa curled her tail around her body, as she peered inside. As wondered if the ships computer systems were compatible. And maybe she could enhance their scanning abilities. Oooh. That would be good. And then they could get in without being noticed. A few tweaks could be
    good, yes? Course, pilot would have to say yes? But what if he said no? Could she build something handheld? Maybe. If she could find some things. Ooh, even better. Use info they have on ship, to fine tune a scanner. Oh...better..much better...

Mariisa started working on a new code, while she waited, tapping away on her work pad as she did.

TAG:Sarge221, Corellia Group

22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Did not know how to write any of this without at least slightly moving people a bit around. If I overdid it, ignore the part of my post and assume I was a senile idiot babbling to myself or God knows what. Any dialogue at the travel could be set up between the first and last part of the post.

Lisander Olic
    Cheap Trick

Lisander did all the check ups and prepared the old Lady for her next mission. She was a good ship, but one that was aging and flown by too little crew. She had a certain temperament and it usually made sense to check pressure and pipes before taking her to a ride. the Medic came on board and Lisander tried to recall his name. Carek or something. The man was obviously concerned. Lisander could guess what it was.

?Did I say something wrong to her?? The Medic was worried about Morgue being upset? He was still alive, was he? ?I didn?t mean to, if so. I?m pleased to be working with you, though." Lisander shook his head. "Relax pal." He only said and checked another pipe, before nodding satisfied. "I bet you would not have worried, if she was a dude right? Believe me I know what her good looks can do to you. But it is best if you stop thinking about her as a girl or woman. Really. Morgue has received some very special talents and those come with a very special temperament. You know? that girl, it is just the body this killing machine is housed in. Man, I´ve seen her doing things, belive me. If she was upset, she would probably have ripped out your eyes. Just like that." Lisander snipped his fingers. "And then she would have made you search for them. That is morgue upset, you know?" He fought the need to grin. "So she is fine with you. Don´t worry. Morgue can be nice, too!" The last thing he did not say as if he meant it. As he truned the man asked another question. "Did you receive any more information on the mission?"

Lisander remembered the dossier. "Have still to check it out. We got plenty of time en route, I assume." Lisander nodded. "If there is anything of note, I´ll let you know. this is an old scout, you know? so we actually have a Medbay, maybe you can make yourself comfortable there. Was only used for emergency patch up lately, but maybe you can make some use of it. Although I don´t expect wounded."

Lisander studied the material and kept to himself for most of the travel. He did not socialize a lot with guests on board the ship. The less you knoew them, the easier it was when they did not make it. Morgue had been the exception. but she wasn´t in a talking mood. None of both was. was something wrong between them? Was there something he should know about?

There always was, he assumed. Always. Studying the matieral given by him and preparing for the mission he barely laft the Captains quarters and if so only to check the ship. What surprised him, was this feeling deep down in his gut. You could say, he had a bad feeling about all of this.

[hr]

Captains quarters had maps and enough room to spread them. And that was what he had done. Lisander had checked every outpost, ever settlement nearby and made sure there was nothing overlooked. Mines reported abandoned before the scout vanished. That was the ultimate info, that they had no info. Had the guy stumbled and fallen to death or was there an army of monsters waiting inside those mines? The ship was at least partially above ground. So no need to enter the mines. Except they had a Rakatan ship near a mine and a place that was heavy defended by the rakatans in the war. Only to be left unstable afterwards. unusable. Another word for unexplored, because it was too dangerous. So, coincidence? A ship crashing near a site that was heavy defended in the war and largely unexplored . . . where a scout had recently vanished. the ship was their mission. the price was inside those mines, obviously. Something worth a lot of lives for the Hammerheads.

"But what killed you pal?" Lisander looked at the picture of the dead scout. Treasure hunters? Keepers? Guardians? More of those dreaded droids? Something new? Unknown?

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sacorr

Her nose twitched at the creatures reply, was that an insult or a statement of truth as the other saw it? Either way she let it go as truth, especially as on the coat-tails of that statement the security leader for their team gave her an added assignment as their medic.

Glaring was her best reply to that, as the others left she thought it over before heading back to her quarters. Inside she read over the mission file before immediately leaving again, this time for the med-center on this bucket of poorly thought out space construction. Along the way she noted the cafeteria as she passed and hoped that the structural details where at least still correct in that.

All she needed was to pick up a med-sack that could work for Selonians and Humans, and a quick stop at the armory for another drum of ammo. Then she could finally return to the death trap that had brought her here and hope to survive another trip.

TAG: Xan, Corellia Team

24. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Davos Reemus - West Wing Quarters - Lucifer Station

Davos sat in silence as he read the troubling report that was sent to him via the communications interface in his room. At first he did not know what to think other than the obvious fact that he knew that this would be more than a simple hunt for intact Rakatan technology. During a war soldiers would have seen numerous things that would disturb civilians, but these soldiers that were described in the report seemed totally distraught. The worst part was that it was all of them that did not want to divulge the goings on in that base, not just one or two. Being attacked by new weaponry is always a nervous experience and the fear amongst them must have been considerable by just looking at the report.

The report was full of redactions and the fact that the base was used for weapons testing opened up multiple possibilities that needed to be explored by their team. Davos wondered on what or perhaps who, were these tests performed on? From his own experiences Davos had no love, in fact, he had a hatred the Rakata for their enslavement of Corellia and ultimately the death of his family. If this mission uncovered evidence that the Rakatans had experimented on Corellians and others it would be the final insult against the Corellian people, not only conquered but made into guinea pigs. Davos could hardly imagine being a lab rat for the Rakata and started to imagine what would he have done in their place? Fighting to the end would be a valiant story, but was it the truth? These soldiers seemed haunted by their memories and the mere mention of the past seemed to set them off. Also these weapons that the Rakata had used, were these the technology that this group was supposed to find? Or did the group that called Davos anonymously want these weapons?

So many questions and only one way to find answers, go there. Davos put on his black tuque and took his back pack and slid it on his back making his way to the hanger bay. Upon approaching the #CYT190-A he looked at the ship and hoped that the patch work would last until Tralus. Davos entered the main hold and heard the end of what seemed to be a heated conversation. ?If either of you touch a tool within fifty metres of this ship, I will club you with my wrench. Hard.?

Davos looked around and noticed the faces from the briefing and said to them. ?Hello all.? Then to anyone who knew, ?Where is my bunk??

TAG: Saintheart, Sarge221, Penguinator-176, DarthXan318

OOC: I like these Steampunk Weapons.

[image=http://cdn.walyou.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/06/Blaster-Gun-1.jpg] X2

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    The Cheap Trick, approaching Selonia

She came ot the bridge when the proximity alert appeared and she knew they were coming closer to Selonia. Lisander was already at work and their new crew would hopefully know where to take seats. "Get oyur seatbelts on, Lisander isn´t half as good a pilot, as he tells people." She said and winked to her partner. He was concentrating on the landing. No pad or area designated for it. That would not be a problem. Usually whre they went there wasn´t anything that comfortable.

Turning to the sensros, she gave her partner a few clear readings of the area and leaned back, waiting for them to make visual contact.

A short look at Lisander gave her certainty of what she had already assumed. He had a bad feeling about it. No visits on hte flight? No flirting? No bickering or mockery? He had been working. She knew he could be a damned hard worker and relied on him to make a risk-analysis. If he got that deep into it, there was a risk. A considerable one.

"Any bad feelings about this one?" She asked and folded her arms.

Tag: Fin, tjace, Spy, Xany

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.