main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corellian Trilogy and Frustration

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Superman, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Superman

Darth_Superman Jedi Master

Sep 5, 2005
    I have been reading the books that I was informed was important to understand the setting and characters for NJO. I read Anderson's trilogy in preperation. I'm reading the Zahn duology but I've been told the Corellian Tril is important to understanding the events of NJO. Are the three books that important? How? I love reading Jedi stuff but three books about Leia and Han? I don't know.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Some of the stuff in the CT does get referenced in NJO-the Corellian system and certain characters, to be precise. I'd give it a read, it's a nice switch from Daala being retarded.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It isn't just about Han and Leia, there are some Jedi parts too. (Namely, Leia and some Mara.) Though it is not crucial to understand the NJO, it will help explain a few small parts. And it features the Solo kids a lot.

Personally, I would read it, but if you just wanted to know the important stuff, there are probably a number of online timelines and summaries that could explain it.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    And Anakin Solo's stance on R2 is quite entertaining.

5. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    I really enjoyed the Corellian Trilogy, so I recommend it.

6. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I found the whole plot was really weak. I remember I wanted to shoot that stupid bakuran officer twice per second. Man, where did he learn his tactics? And the planet-moving thingies... pure crap.
    Good points?
    -Mon Mothma telling off Luke, she made a very good point.
    -Lando's first adventure in wife-hunting was kinda funny.
    -Leia and Mara working together was cool.
    In overall, I'd give it a 4/10. I haven't read NJO novels so I can't really tell if you're missing something important for that mega-plot. Quite frankly, I think you can skip reading them and go search a summary some place else.

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It was light, but different enough to be fun. The sections dealing with the kids were not that great, but it was cool to see Han on his own. I liked Luke and Lando's plot in the first book and Showalter was cool, plus it was great to go back to Bakura. Thanas' fate was particularly fitting and melancholy.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The CT connects mainly to events in the Agents of Chaos duology and the Ylesia e-book. Seems like it will connect heavily with the forthcoming Legacy: Betrayal book as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.