main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

coreography

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by I_am_me, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_am_me

I_am_me Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2002
    Yo, me and some friends were watchin epsiode I, and were wondering how they did the fight at the end (w/ light sabers!). Does anyone know where we can find the coreography for the fight?
    Or just how to write our own coreography.

2. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    look around for it. you shouldn't of posted this.

3. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    there's a post around here somewhere about choreography, look at it.

4. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    To my knowledge there isn't. There were no online documentaries for the official Diaries. So I guess you could say there is no "official" documentation. That we know of.
    What you can do is slow down the tape or DVD and write it down. That's what a few of us over here did. It took a long time, but it was kind of cool figuring out how everything was done.
    You will have to remember that some of that fighting was done with stunt doubles and air compressed ram-rods. Those are platforms that will launch you into the air a good 5 feet! So some of the jumping is, for most, outside of our ablities. : )

5. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    My sister and I slowed down the DVD of TPM and just watched it over and over until it got stuck in our heads. We also added our own moves when they did things like jumping over people's heads and flipping and stuff like that. Just start with a couple moves-don't start with too many at once. Once you have those two or three moves really smooth, add a couple more. When you have about 15 moves really nicely done, then you start working on speed. Another big help is to count out loud while you are doing it. You know, "1, 2, 3 and swing, parry 4, 5, 6, jump, block, 7, 8, 9..." the faster you count the faster you will get and then eventually, you won't count anymore, you will just fly through the moves. You have to work on it a lot before you see any progreess though. It took us a couple weeks before we had 21 moves at top speed. But it was worth it at the end! Our friends were amazed!! Good luck and if you need any other pointeres feel free to ask!

6. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh, and another thing, If you are having problems memorizing which moves come first-then practice your moves without your opponent. If you can do your own moves without the other person there, then you will have no problems when you are fighting against him or her.

7. Padan

Padan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    Thanks for your all knowing advice AWB1989 we couldnt have gone without it.

As for the coreography goes, I think Bellyup "hit the nail on the nose." Just watch it over, and over, and over. Of course, making your own fight is probably more rewarding...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.