main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coronation Street - What are they doing now?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Cobranaconda, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Ok, so Corrie is tremendously bad, but then this?

Putting goffick kids in soap is fine. But making them say that they are each others "Companions in Darkness" is just crap.

And then Craig saying: "I'm going up to listen to Cradle of Filth"

[face_laugh]

Now I'm a Cradle fan myself, but WTH?

Are Corrie that desperate to be trendy that they're trying to get Goths to watch, and then have them being Cradle fans?

Cradle fans aren't goths!

Goths listen to Sisters of Mercy and that!

Corrie must be dying!

2. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Meh, soap... :p

3. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    'cradle..fans aren't goths'...

Well they are, but you don't have to listen to everything considered goth to be a goth...unless you're fifteen of course!

I love the writing in corrie sometimes....its clearly someone taking the michael!

in the websters house the other week... the youngest daughter says 'me & chesney aren't gonna be goths, when we grow up we're gonna be chavs!'

4. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, I listen to Cradle and I'm not a goth.

But Chavs will be funny to see.

5. nathan_sith

Oct 23, 2004
    well its like i said......

i like a bit of type o, but i also like many other things, don't dye my hair, appreciate colour over monochrome, i smile, i dance......well, the list goes on-but you see where i'm goin....

6. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah. But what I don't get is why Goths, who are looked upon as Satanic lunatics, are now represented by two 13 year olds in a 70 year old soap set in Manchester. And then they're going to make two 9 year olds into Chavs, who are generally looked upon as complete *****.

7. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I like Corrie. It's not Neighbours, but at least it's better than Eastenders. Altough, the Goth storyline is really p*****g me off. Nad what the hell is it with MArch the bloody 17th!

8. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    "Are Corrie that desperate to be trendy that they're trying to get Goths to watch, and then have them being Cradle fans?"

Now trendy is not a term I would use to describe either Goths or Cradle fans!

9. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Indeed, nor assotiated in any way with Coronation Street..... the word trendy that is.

I just don't understand the fascination with this program or any other like it to be honest.

It's bad enough knowing women that watch it, but discover that there are guys here of all placeswho watch it as well????? I'm dissapointed in you all, I thought you all had good taste lol :p

10. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    I'm a woman, I LOOK like a Goth but I dislike Soaps and Cradle of Filth.

Remember guys IT'S NOT REAL :p

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Soaps are pointless and ridiculous.
    I can't believe people think they reflect real life

12. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    "a bad TV show said somone with similar taste in music as me is a goth but i dont want to be make it not have happened"

Egad your your a judgemental little sheep!

i know a load of people you'd probabley label goths before you even bothered to get to know them and their nothing like you'd expect them to be, they smile and even laugh on occasion and beleave satanism is somthing to be frowned upon!

people are people

some like to dress in black and call themselves a goth, dosent make them a goth.

you cretin.

13. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I don't watch it. I just read about it on the Cradle boards, saw the outrage, and decided to post it here.

Asa, I agree with you. I'm a Cradle fan, and I'm as far from trendy as it gets.

14. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I'm glad to hear it! ;)

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Okay this thread has been up for a couple of days now, and I've only just understood the title. I thought this was a thread asking what ex-stars of Corrie are up to now... and I couldn't quite understand what Cradle had to do with it. But now I've read the thread through, I understand it's meant with the emphasis on 'are'. What are they doing now... in exaspiration. Makes much more sense.

[face_blush]

16. nathan_sith

Oct 23, 2004
    Why goths?

probably cuz however mainstream all things rock may become, its still the last look the majority of parents want thier kids to have

17. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Along the lines of CoF:

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Duh, duh, duh, another one bites the dust.

Falling like flies! So far Cradle have managed to get through 32 musicians. Nuts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.