main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corphelion Stars Bespin Cafe -The Han/Leia WR and Archive - October Fanfic Update Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hey Miska,

I know what you mean when you say adorable. :)

I've loved that movie forever...I think it was one of the first romances I ever saw... [face_love]

Perfect! [face_love]

Humaira

2. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Hey welcome to all our new members :)

Sorry I haven't been around lately, real life has sort of taken over for me!

Puggy your vignette was so sad! :_| *pelts you with marshellows*

So, did you guys hear that Denning's writing a post-NJO trilogy? I know a lot of people here are fans of his work in Tatooine Ghost. I'm really hope Han and Leia have some good scenes in it, and that it isn't a trilogy focusing on Ben or something!

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    No worries, Tara, real life does that. Nice to see ya, though.

Denning, huh? Good. :) I think we have a shot at a decent book then.

J_Girl

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Oooo, can we post our theories on what Denning's series is going to be about?

My guess is that it'll be a Reconstruction type trilogy, but a great subplot would be about Han and Leia having another child.

What do ya think?

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Ooo! Ooo! Hope you don't mind if I delurk here so I can jump on Knight_Ander's proposed bandwagon. :p :D

My guess is that it'll be a Reconstruction type trilogy, but a great subplot would be about Han and Leia having another child.
    I like the reconstruction idea a lot. And the subplot would be great! :D (But isn't Leia a little old by then to be pregnant again? She'd be 50, wouldn't she? Assuming NJO ends at 30 years ABY.) Perhaps Han & Leia will become grandparents?

I had two initial reactions to the annoucement --
    ** Denning won't be writing the Episode III novelization. I was kind of hoping he would, because I really liked both Star by Star and Tatooine Ghost. But with the timing of this trilogy (March/July/October 2005) I can't see that he'd have the time.
    ** On the other hand, that timing immediately suggested to me a different, long-promised possibility: Luke and Leia learn the truth about Anakin and Padme (the real truth, hopefully, and not some bogus "certain point of view" truth :p). I think Denning could write this beautifully, and the timing seems to me to fit with the release of Episode III -- the later two of the three books could draw on the by-then-released film. (I guess it would require Denning to get the script fairly early... But so will the novelization writer. ;))

Anyway, just my thoughts. :D

p.s. My current ongoing story is an OT AU, so Han and Leia are two important characters in it. I haven't mentioned it here before because their burgeoning romance is only one subplot among many in the story (although it will have a larger role in my "Episode V" once I get there later this summer [face_love] ;)). Just so you're fully informed, if you decide to check it out. ;) :cool: Here's the link: The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed

:D

6. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

knight ander: Hi! I've been gone so I've been remiss in my welcoming duty..sooo...consider yourself welcomed! :D Denning is writing the post NJO trilogy? Yes! Then at least theres a chance it will be a decent book, because at least from what I saw in Tatioone ghost, he appears to know what he's doing, and have a fairly good grip on H/L characters.

Darth Lex: Gosh I am sooooo behind welcoming people. :p Anyway I agree, Leia is to old to have a again, but it would be sooooo sweet if she and Han became grandparents! :D But if so, better be Jacen and Danni or something, not Jag and Jaina, no way. Hey, its okay if Han and Leia aren't the only plot threads going on in your story, as long as they play a major part. Thats the way my biggest story, The Sacred Silence is. Waaaaay to many characters. :D

Tara: Yea, your back! :D Darn darth real life huh?

Miska: Lol, yea Tiger does seem to have a one track mind doesn't he? Especially when it comes to Del. :p But I love those books, for some reason their banter, especially later on in the series, really reminds me of Han and Leia.

7. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

Heres the URL to a Leia poem I wrote a little while ago, but forgot to tell everyone here. Naughty me. :p

Its called: Living For The Breath Of Others

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11924877&replies=0

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    A whole series based on the spawn of Luke.

*closes eyes* I need a moment here.

*shudders*

Okay. I'm better.

Yeah, Han and Leia are too old to have kids- and grandkids! Holy snap, Han and Leia are going to be old enough to have grandkids. *sobs*

9. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    ROTFL Sunshine!!

I've been on vacation for the past week, but I'm back now! I completely agree w/ Knight_Ander- it would be awesome if Han and Leia found out the truth about Anakin and Padme...and with Denning as the author I hope there'll be a lot of mush :)

10. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Hi! heres the link to my fic, please go ahead and read it.... :)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12204800&replies=5

11. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    I loved it the first time I read it, DM, and I love it now- go check it out guys!

12. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Yep, everyone, definitly go check out DarthMasan's fic! Its great! :D (and beta'd by yours truely. :p)

13. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Yay, DM, glad that you let us know about it. ;)

J_Girl

14. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003

Hey, guys, the update of all the new fics from June are posted at the very beginning of this thread. Check them out!

15. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    Can't wait for the new challenge ;-)

EDIT: I almost forgot: I've been meaning to ask, is this thread only for H/L fics, or is it okay to post information or updates about stories that deal with Leia and Han seperately?

16. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

If you want to advertise a Han alone or Leia alone fic, you can.

17. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Hey, hey! Han Alone is my line! :p

Maybe it should be worded as advertizing solo Han or solo Leia stories, instead. :)

18. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Lol, sounds like things are confusing here...han alone, han and leia seperatly... make up your minds! :p ;) J/k

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know that I FINNALY updated Realities Curse, even though its been forever. :D

19. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    Just wanted to say that I posted up on the boards a little vignette about Liea that I wrote a while ago; go check it out!:

What You Have

20. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Just wanted to let everyone know, I have a new post up for Of Love & Marriage - no thanks to the fickle boards! Yup, an new one, can you believe it? :eek: I was just so ridiculously proud of myself I had to let you all know.

link in sig

J_Girl

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    When is the new challenge going up?

22. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

GAAHHH!

New challenge!

Oh, gosh...hold on...I have to go back through my notes again...

I'll try to have the challenge up tonight, okay?

23. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003

Okay, guys, the July Fanfic challenge is up! It's at the top of this thread!

Check it out and may your muse be with you!

24. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    I dont know but " May the muse be with you" is hilarious, I couldnt stop laughing.... :)

DM

25. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, that is funny! Destined to be a classic around here. :)

Oh, the challenge looks good. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I have a couple versions on my old files, but I never finished them (yeah, yeah, stop laughing like it's no surprise ;) )
    I did do the last two challenges, but when I finished them I thought they would fit really well into Of Love & Marriage, so I incorporated them in - those of you who are reading it might recogize them at some point.

Everybody get writing. I think some of the best little fics come out of these challenges.

J_Girl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.