Corphelion Stars Bespin Cafe -The Han/Leia WR and Archive - October Fanfic Update Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Moving this on up for post 400! :D

And Miska, thanks! ;)

2. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Guys, please vote in the H/L poll if you still want monthly updates!

The poll is here.

Your opinion matters!

3. Miska Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey guys! I just wanted to hop in and say that for the next month and a half, my presence on the boards is going to be pretty sporadic. I got a big role in the school musical, Bye Bye Birdie, and it's keeping me extremely busy :( But I just wanted you all to know that if you don't see me around in any of your stories that I'm still reading (when I can), and as soon as November 15 comes I'll be back to my usual lazy, board-surfing, replying self!
  4. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Good-luck with the musical, Miska. :)
  5. Princess1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck with your musical Miska! :D
  6. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    Good luck on you musical!

DM
  7. Puggy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good luck with the musical, Miska!

*Grins* I started a new fic, heh heh. Maybe this one'll actually get finished, too... :p

If You Only Knew

Summary:: A few months after the events in ROTJ, the hopes Leia had for her future unravel before her very eyes. The blissful life she once knew spirals out of control as lies, hatred, jealousy, betrayal, and deceit begin to take over.
  8. HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Knight

star 1

The October fanfic updates are UP!

The Fanfic challenge will come online sometime next week.

Good luck with your musical, Miska!

Off to check out Puggy's newest...
  9. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    Has this ever happen to you before?

I have this idea for my abandoned fic, The Promise, and I see the idea in my head but I cant write it!! I have such a hard time trying to frase whats going on in the fic, do any of you great experienced writers have a remedy for this!!??? I really want to update my fic :_|

*in desperate need to know how*

DM
  10. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    That happens to me constantly!

The only solution I can figure out is to just keep writing. Even if it's not quite what you're trying to convey, you can always edit it.
  11. Princess1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea, just write and edit later, in those situations, if you wait until its just right, you'll never get anything written.

Believe me, I know by experience. :p
  12. HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Knight

star 1
    The October fanfic challenge is up. Please check out the link at the top of this thread.

Good luck, and MTFBWY!!

Also, Sunshine, sorry about the mistake with the summary for your story. It's been corrected. :)

/>
  13. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Hem-hem.

Just levitating the thread up. :)

14. Rhune Jedi Padawan

Hi everyone!

I did take on the monthly challenge - only it expanded into a short story of its own.

Restless Spaces

Thanks for the idea, Great One.

:)
  15. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, the ever-expanding fic, hmm? :D
  16. RogueSticks Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey all. I usually just lurk around this thread but I've actually posted a fic recently and figured I'd come out of lurkerdom to let people know. It's a H/L fic called Always and Forever and it's definately got a sad theme. I'd also like to say that when I titled it and posted, I didn't know that there was already a thread/fic called Always and Forever, so whoever wrote that one, I apologize. I stole my title from a Good Charlotte song and I probably should have checked to make sure it wasn't taken. My bad. Anyways, if you want to check it out, here's the link.
    Always and Forever
  17. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    shameless plug:
    here's my new fic: ON THE EDGE

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13769827&start=13769938

DM
  18. drumher Jedi Padawan

Drop everything and go out right now and get the new Star Wars book, the Unifying Force. This is the best profic book written yet, in regards to Han and Leia. Yes, even better then anything Denning's done. James Luceno gives them plenty of banter, innuendo, reflective moments and death-defying action plus a satisfyingly happy ending.

Here's one of my favorite sections:

"Han and Leia had experienced some troubled months following Chewbacca's death. But she had waited him out; and wherever they traveled now, no matter how much danger they put themselves in-mostly at Han's instigation-they were completely at home with each other. To Han, each and every action felt right. He had no yearning to be anywhere but where he was-with his beloved partner.
    It was a sappy thought, he told himself. But undeniably true."

Ahhh.How can you not love stuff like that?
  19. drumher Jedi Padawan

Rogue Sticks. Your fic "Always and Forever" was wonderful! You captured Leia beautifully and I got a tad teary eyed at the end. Great job!
  20. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've got a series called At the Oasis running on the Beyond the Saga Board that stars Han and Leia along with Anakin and Tahiri and their kids. Obviously it's AU, and it's a sort of humour/romance type of thing. The first two stories are short and are from first Anakin's and then Tahiri's point of view, but the third is from Han's. He's a grandad, and is having to cope with his granddaughter's antics - so you might get some laughs.

If you're interested it's here

Yep, RogueSticks's story is lovely. :)
  21. darkladyhannasolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love everyone fan fiction. I don't know if you all are keeping up with the NJO but the last one is out. Han/Leia are written very well. They seem closer than ever. They are bantering. Have a good idea. Even have a some what racer scene if you have a dirty mind.

Here that scene. For the four and final microjump that would deliver them at last to Mon Calamari, Han and Leia sealed off the cockpit and spent the entire time in each other's arms. Leia on Han's lap in the pilot chair, her arms around his neck. By the time the Falcon reverted into realspace Han was delirious and Leia felt that, as safe corners went the cockpit wasn't too shabby-at least until they happened on to the real thing.

I'm only on page 209 of 530 book but I can stay that they have played a major part so far.
  22. ivylore Force Ghost

star 2
    Oh...

I want my copy to arrive soon!!! Maybe it will today.

*goes to watch for delivery person*
  23. darkladyhannasolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wonders why the site hasn't been update lately.
  24. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

I'm sorry, DRL is really, really killing me. I haven't had time to sit down and piece together links. Maybe for January I'll try to get up an extra long update.

* leaves some atomized eyeblasters *

25. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    Dont worry LP, RL is darn to hectic here and everywhere... we'll wait paciently for your updates... it must a hek of a job to do all of the links...
    LATER

DM
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.