main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corphelion Stars Bespin Cafe -The Han/Leia WR and Archive - October Fanfic Update Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Puggy: Not wildly popular? *snort* Shyeah right! If you're not wildly popular in general, then I am a wildly devoted fan! *waves 'I love Puggy' sign, proudly wearing 'PUGGY ROCKS MY SOCKS' shirt and 'Got Puggy?' hat*

Okay. So maybe not. But I'm a dedicated poster, and I absolutely adore your story!

Stoned Rose: *melts in oblivion* You loooost it? *croaks* Ahhhh. Ahhhhh. Ahhhh. I read that at the beginning of my obsession, and I read it, oh, I don't know, couple five times. I just found the thread here... and now you've lost it?

It's not your fault. It's the demon computer's fault. Baaaad compy.

Princess 1: Hmmm, I missed that fic somehow. I must find that. *nods*

Of course, finding it when Mommy dearest isn't glaring death daggers at me would be nice...

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Oh, dear, oh dear, oh dear! (to quote a great droid)

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend anyone. EVERYONE who's got an H/L that has been updated should let us know (unless you have a regular schedule that everyone knows about). EVERY H/L fic is wonderful and should be popular!!

I'm so sorry! LP slinks away, wishing Tara was back here to do this more tactfully...

JUST POST YOUR UPDATES, OKAY?? WE COULD ALL USE A GOOD H/L!!!

3. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Sunshine: Lol, thanks, thats alright, it is in the index on this thread if you want to read it. :) Oh gosh I know how that goes, my mother thinks the internet sucks out my brains or something. :p

LadyPadme: No no, don't feel bad, we wouldn't want you to do that! None of us had hurt feelings, at least I know I didn't, your doing a wonderful job. :)

4. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Hi.
    <sidles in>
    I love H/L; they're the original and best SW couple as far as I'm concerned. Today I started a H/L fic, well, a string of missing scenes during ESB/RotJ really. It may not see the light of day for a long time though. Darth Real Life...

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Let us know when it does, SoDV. :)

6. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Wow, I haven't been here in forever- I definitely need to start coming in more often.

First of all, I know Puggy posted this question like forever ago, but I'll just add my opinion- I find it easier to write Leia b/c she reminds me so much of myself. Even though a lot of the time it's difficult to know what she's thinking or what's going through her head, once I've got that part figured out the hard part (for me) is over- I can find her 'voice' very easily. Han, on the other hand, is pretty near impossible for me to write. I know what he's thinking most of the time, but I can't for the life of me find his 'voice'...go figure, maybe it's cause I'm not a guy. Anyway, like Puggy said earlier though, the best way to get better at that kind of thing is practice, so hopefully I'll be putting up some more H/L fics on the boards soon! :)

Second, I have to agree with Lady Padme- if you guys are updating your fics, POST IT HERE!!! I'm following most of your fics, but it's inevitable that I'll miss a post or two with my schedule :)- definitely post up here, and when you begin a new fic or post a vignette, DEFINITELY post it up here or put it in your bio- I'm always looking for new H/L fics to drool/cry/sigh over :)

The version of the ESB soundtrack is the special edition, they released it in a box set with the ANH and ROTJ soundtracks- there is a strain of the Imperial March towards the end- at first I was surprised by it, but the more I thought of it, the more well placed it seemed.

And finally, I'm so depressed that Han Solo and the Princess is shutting down- that's definitely at the top of my list for favorite Han/Leia websites (Tied only with the Correlian Embassy :)) and I think it's just terrible what's going on with Tara and her site. Hopefully it will all get resolved and she can return to the boards and reopen her site, b/c SW and H/L fandom is lucky to have a fan like her!

OK, all done now :) I promise to check in more often, b/c I absolutely love this thread and can't wait for the next challenge!! hehehe. Catch you guys later!

EDIT: I just can't stay away from you guys, can I? I just wanted to mention that the viggie I wrote for the challenge still needs some beta readers, so if anyone has time, PM me :) And just as a fun question, are there any couples in other movies/books/TV shows/real life that remind you of Han and Leia? If so, who and why?

7. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Just letting people know I finnaly updated, "Realities Curse". :)

8. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I updated Assassination of the Heart just now. :)

In response to Miska's question, about other relationships reminding me of Han/Leia:

YES!

Rick/Evelyn, The Mummy: Very Han/Leia! Those two movies are two of my favorites, especially with the relationship between Rick and Evie. I loved in The Mummy when Evie calls Rick a scoundrel behind his back! To me, Han is JUST like Rick--at first, really concerned with himself, but eventually, growing to care a lot for Evie. Plus, in my opinion, Brenden Fraser and Rachel Weisz have a lot of chemsitry together, like Harrison and Carrie did.

Mr. Darcy/Elizabeth Bennent, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I haven't read the book, but I have to do a report on women in Austen's novels, and I also saw the BBC/A&E movie version, where I saw some interesting parallels between Darcy/Elizabeth and Han/Leia. To me, it's a role-reversal, though. Leia reminded me of Darcy, cold and aloof and unwilling to believe at first in love. Han was like Elizabeth, bothered by Darcy's/Leia's intense pride. The characters and relationships are different, but it took both couples awhile before they finally realized they were meant to be.

Lonestar and Princess Vespa, Spaceballs: Yeah, yeah, they were supposed to be like Han/Leia. But you have to admit, aside from Princess Vespa being a Daddy's spoiled little girl, I think the spoofing of Han/Leia's relationship was done very well. My favorite scene is when Princess Vespa and Lonestar almost kiss, and they talk about "nice men" and stuff, heehee.

Indy and Marion, Raiders of the Lost Ark: My FAVORITE Indy couple! Marion was a lot like Leia: she is strong-willed and could handle herself. Indiana Jones is a lot like Han in some respects: sarcastic, somewhat jaded, but a softie at heart. Indy/Marion remind me a lot of Han/Leia, because Indy's such a womanizer, and Marion's not really ready to fall for him (in her case, again!). Besides, they're just so perfect together, like Han and Leia!

I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember any at the moment, LOL!

9. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    I haven't seen The Mummy yet, but on all the other relationships I would definitely have to agree with you, Puggy- especially on the Pride and Prejudice one- the A&E movie is probably the best version of it I've ever seen; I especially love the part where Darcy goes swimming ::drools:: :) The book is great too, I think I've read it at least 10 times :)

10. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    Puggy, I agree with you completely about the Rick and Evy bit. I heart Rick and Evy. They are hysterical- it was on TV the other day, and I was all, "Oh my God, it's so H/L!" So, of course, I proceeded to squeal this everytime they had an H/L moment, and the rest of my family got a bit worried. And then they told me I was acting like a ditz.

Indy And Marion are the only way to go. I hated Willie and there really was no love interest in the third movie- only that Nazi shrew that turned on him- *growl*

Two couples I can think of right now:

-Benedick and Beatrice from Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing'. They are so witty and they have such wonderful verbal sparring- Benedick is a die-hard bachelor and Beatrice is strong-willed and would rather hear her dog bark than a man tell her that he loved her.

-Dev and Alicia from Hitchcock's 'Notorious'. Aside from Alicia's being a lush, she commits herself to a cause and goes to the extreme to fulfill it and prove her worth, and Dev is the man who will not share his feelings. It depends on your point of view which is Leia and which is Han- you'd have to see it to understand.

I live to compare and associate things- it's what my mind does- so I know there are other couples that remind me of Han and Leia. It'll come to be at some odd moment. *shakes head*

11. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Another H/L parallel couple: Ron and Hermione in Harry Potter. Ok, they're not a couple yet, but gosh, wait until 21st June ;) ;)
    Teenage!Han/Leia!

12. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm really going to have to start reading those HP books one of these days. ;)

13. Solosgurl

Solosgurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    The fight is on....http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10927259&page=6

At Tara's request, please read and respond if you feel the need to...

Peace,
    ~SG

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Solosgurl: I believe you meant to have people post to this link:

link

On a happier note: I received an e-mail from Tara today! It looks like her ban may be shorted to 2 weeks! So, we should look out for her on or about April 23rd. Let's have a little party in the thread when she returns!!!

15. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Are you serious, LP? That's great! *Does a little happy dance and crosses her fingers* I hope Tara comes back April 23rd--boy, would that be incredible!

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh my gosh, YES! That would be so great if Tara came back, because what they've done to her just isen't fair, because I've always thought the rule was innoccent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Thank goodness some fairness is finnaly emerging.

17. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Oh, if Tara's getting unbanned that's WONDERFUL!! *Does happy dance*

18. Miska

Apr 18, 2002
    Tara's coming back?? That's wonderful!!!!! I really hope it goes through!!!!! ::starts randomly handing out cookies out of sheer joy::

Today I was watching TV and came across another couple that reminded me a lot of Han and Leia- has anyone ever seen "It Happened One Night"?? I'm really into classic movies, so I've seen it at least 5 times, and the Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert characters (I can't remember their names right now) really remind me of Han and Leia- it's adorable!!! He's a devil-may-care reporter, she's an heiress...::sighs:: And I totally agree on the Ron/Hermione thing- they're adorable!!

19. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Tara might be coming back?

Yay! Yay! Yay!

20. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Yeah!Tara's coming back

21. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    Tara's coming back?!?

ALRIGHT!

*nods* Yes, we're going to need a party to celebrate!

22. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Wow, I've missed a lot of excitement it seems...

First things first, I'm so happy that Tara has resolved the accusations put against her and that she'll be able to come back. Though I don't know her very well, I cannot imagine such a sweet, cooperative, and friendly person doing such a thing. I'm just happy that she's returning. Liberty and justice for all!

On another note, Miska, I thought that was a GREAT comparison. The characters are Ellen Andrews and Peter Warren, by the way. This is a great movie, and for anyone that hasn't seen it-- you really should! It's absolutely lovely, and really quite funny -- Gable and Colbert have such a fun bickering attitude towards one another that is really reminiscent of H/L. It seems, more or less, that the H/L pairings are really alike to the old romantic comedies of the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Ah, the days of unrequited love! ;)

And, on the shameless plugging side of things, I had written my fic, Corellian Holiday, based off of Roman Holiday. While Greg Peck is just too nice to be Han ;) , the story, I think, works marvelously-- the much older and socially lower reporter falls in love with the young, beautiful, and "higher" princess-- a sort of bitter love story about the unattainable. Audrey doubles well with Leia, perfectly, I think. In any case, I thought this pairing worked well enough for a fic. ;)

23. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    *Spazz* Tara's officially been unbanned!

WOOHOO!

*Ahem* I just wanted to share this exciting news. Unfortunately, she says she's still having posting trouble, but nonetheless, she's finally unbanned! :)

By the way:

A Mod, Gandolf has made a personal apology to Tara in regards to this whole thing:

I?m not able to offer an apology on behalf of the entire Mod Squad. However, Tara has my personal apology, and on my authority she?s been unbanned.
    Kadue might overturn my decision, but I hope not.

1) We shouldn?t have moderated off-site behavior.
    2) Without logging into A.C. Crispen?s private e-mail, we have no absolute proof that the e-mails were not modified, and we?re probably not going to be getting permission to check her private e-mail.
    3) From what I?ve seen of Tara?s character, those actions were very much out of character.

So, I?ll say this again: Tara, you have my personal apology for what has happened.

I also regret not getting directly into this at the very start. As the head Literature moderator, I should have been all over the situation from the very start. Instead, I let other people handle too many of the details, and didn?t always make the right decisions.

I think that was quite nice, don't you? It takes a lot to apologize and admit fault.

*Continues to partaaaaay*

24. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Alright people, I do believe this is cause for celebration

**gets out the part decor, dresses up thread, tells the DJ to start playing and sets out the kareoke sign-up sheet**

Welcome Back Tara!

**hops onto the dance floor and starts groovin'**

~Aanix

P.S.

Justice has been surved.

25. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    WHOOOOOOO!!!!

*adds balloons to the decor, serves punch and cakes*

WELCOME BACK TARA!!! WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

Thread Status: