main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Corran's Creations***Updated, fanfic scene: Gladus Tite vs. Yuuzhan Vong***7/22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corran_Fett, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Some here might know my "art" (photomanipulation) from the Republic Commando FanArt-Thread. My speciality is manipulating images (changing colors, adding lightsabers and so on...) - better take a look at the RC-Fanart to check my other art ;)

Now, this is my "real" Art-thread, with all art not relating to RepCom. Most of my new artwork can be seen here, too: http://corranfett.deviantart.com/

Updates (newest first)

[coloring] Gladus Tite versus some shabla Scarheads (pencils and inks by itmon)
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/200/6/d/Gladus_Tite_vs__Scarheads_by_CorranFett.jpg]

[coloring] Durge, and a clone trooper fallen prey to him. (lines by Jeff Confer)

[coloring] Delta Six-Two 'Scorch', Clone Commando (lines by Jeff Confer)

[photomanip] Gladus Tite, holding a Twi'lek Piece Brigader by the neck (based on a game render, scene from my fic WFSAM)

[photomanip] Mando'ade Monthly 65:6, with a cover story on Ram Zerimar (Please read description!)

[photomanip] Ram Zerimar in an eerie "Natural Environment" (Please read description!)

[photomanip] Mandalorian supercommandos, among them Ram Zerimar, in battle! (Please read description!)

[photomanip] Mandalorian star sniper Ram Zerimar in battle! (Please read description!)

[coloring] Gladus Tite, Mandalorian (pencils by DarthKuk)

[photomanip] Clive Owen as my Mando OC Ronan Barec

[logo design] ShenCresh Ops, Shogun special forces

[wallpaper] 30 Years of Star Wars

[inking] Gladus Tite, Mandalorian - lineart by DarthKuk inked by me

NJO Wallpaper for Rage of the Shadow Warriors (my fanfic Saga): Version 1 // Version 2

[photomanip] Gladus Tite, Mandalorian outlaw

[fanfic cover photomanip] Rage of the Shadow Warriors: Pariah

[fanfic cover photomanip] Rage of the Shadow Warriors: Honor Guard

[drawing/sketch] Mandalorian - concept sketch

[drawing/sketch] Mandalorian Sniper - sketch

[drawing/sketch] Mandalorian Swordmaster - sketch

[coloring] Mandalorian Father and Son - by Tom Hodges

[fanfic cover photomanip] Rage of the Shadow Warriors: Runner, with Jason Momoa as a Mando

[coloring] Mandalorian lineart by Tom Hodges (also: CorranFett portrayal?!)

[pho

2. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
  3. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Camo Clones! What more could you ask for?:cool: [face_peace]

4. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Ahh... finally someone noticed my stuff :p
    Thx you like it... I guess I'll make more, soon ;)

5. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I don't wanna be impatient or so, but could I please get some comments on my stuff? Please...

I always wanted a reallife picture of Corran Horn... I didn't find any *good* (apart from that ***** pic of Mike Stackpole), so I created my own:

[link=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1670/rlcorran34we.jpg][b]Corran Horn in X-Wing pilot suit[/b][/link]

Please [i]don't[/i] pay attention on the sucking background [b]but on the character[/b] :) - I will try to improve the background soon, and also give him a beard, but for now that should be ok [face_tongue] :) [face_blush]

also a little collage:

[link=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/774/corranxwings8wa.jpg]Corran Horn Collage[/link]

[b]again, please tell me what ya think of it[/b] :)

6. Iryla

Iryla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    Nice work so far Corran.
    in your last picture, is that from Stargate Atlantis? Or am I imagining things?

7. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Only the head, yes... Major John Sheppard from SGA (aka Joe Flanigan) always reminded me of Corran, and I think of him as the best rl-actor for Corran... - but still I changed haircolor and his black eyes to Corran's green eyes ;)
    and thx :)

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I like your choice of character for Corran--he has the qualities I always imagined Horn to have! Good use of colors here, too--I like the green flightsuit (something other than the Navy-standard flame-orange!). You can go ahead and add the beard, but I guess I always figured when he was in the starfighter ranks, he probably kept a "clean face" like everyone else, and grew his beard when he started to take on more of a "Jedi" role (but I'm also a complete idiot when it comes to his early history--I'm probably wrong there...). Either way, these are nice images! We don't see enough of Corran!

FF

9. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thx! Finally a qualified comment *g* :D :p
    You're right. Corran had in his time as a pilot never a beard. But in NJO he has a beard, as on most of the artworks that yet exist of him. And personally, I like him more with beard than without :p
    And we know of Corran, that he had in his times as CorSec-officer always a green flightsuit and kept it (just ike his green X-Wing and his green Atsromech) when he joined Rogue Squadron. And since my favorite color is green, makes this Horn even nicer for me :)

10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    You technique is very slick - I know you have cut-and-pasted, and altered colours, but I can't see the join. I don't read EU, so the whole character thing is a little lost on me, but I can appreciate the skill it took to manipulate the images.

I will warn you that any other posters who, like me, suffer in dial-up hell, may end up skipping your thread as it takes so long to load the page. If people aren't responding, this may be to blame.

11. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks - I know EU isn't for everyone, but I appreciate you at least like my "art" :)

Thx for the hint... I edited the posts and linked the images... only the Corran pic not, 'cause the lastest piece shall be better seen here :) - if it's still too much, tell me and I'll change that, too.

12. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that that actually was Mr.Flanigan in the flight suit. It barely even looks as though it's been touched up at all - you've put it together so cleanly like soitscometothis has said. I marvel at your photomanip. skills. I like the man you've chosen to depict Corran despite the fact that I have not seen SG: Atlantis nor am I familiar with the actor. (Neither can I say that I know Corran's character exceptionally well). But what I really like is that I feel that I don't need to. His expression kind of says it all. I second FF regarding the comment towards the Ghastly blinding Orange flight suits. Green's much better :)

- Nice camo skins too. ;)

- Suz ^_~

13. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Very skillful photomanip. You managed to match the lighting on the flightsuit exactly with the lighting on his face. It does, as people have commented, look like a real image instead of a manipulation. Nice work!

14. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Smooth! :D I almost thought you'd actually taken the entire photo before I looked closely and recognised the flight suit as Lukes! :D Well done, a very very well done photo-manip...I haven't seen anything like this for a while. And nice choice for Corran...that's roughly how i'd imagined Corran, the face has got that smugness you just want to punch off him! :D Don't get me wrong, I like Corran, but Stackpole seems to forget he is *just* a pilot sometimes. ;) Love this and i'd be interested for sure seeing your Jedi look for him. Oh and it'd be cute if you adapted R2 to be Whistler!

15. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thx Y_W, wick and C_R - really appreciate you like my humble stuff :p

C_R: You actually brought me on an idea... I will let this pic of Corran in "his" flightsuit unchanged and make a pic of him in Jedi robe, but then with beard :) - it wouldn't be very hard to mke R2 just green, but Whistler hasn't got the same marking scheme as R2 has... but I'll give it a try, I promise ;)

And one question: isn't it disturbing for ya'll that on Corran's gear-belt still Luke's lightsaber is? *g*
    I don't know that there is a pic of Corran's LS so far, so I'll try to "create" my own and replace Luke's on the pic...

EDIT:
    Well, here a quick and dowdy concept of Whistler:

Whistler... or rather a "green R2" *g*

16. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Still working on the Corran Jedi pic... maybe someone has good sources for Jedi promo shots?

Anyway, a little update:

Corran Horn in "corsec" suit

To be honest: it's promo shot from SGA, and I only edited the jacket's color to green, gave him green eyes and brown hair. [face_whistling]
    Maybe you can enjoy it anyway :p

And be sure to check the Whistler pic in the last post's edit ;)

17. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I really like the Whistler render - very good texture work and quite realistic! Looks like you've got some nice ideas and a good plan for your work. I look forward to seeing more!

18. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    SOrry for the missunderstandig, but I didn't render him ;)

I took an 3D artwork of R2 and changed the blue parts to green, nothing more ;)

19. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Ah, well either way it was nicely done. :D I think the green is a nice change compared to the normal look - it's amazing what a simple color change will do!

Best of luck on your projects!

20. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Corran came out really good. Your manipulations are extremely real, it looks like they were the original images. When you say your looking for Jedi promo pics, are you talking more along the lines of NJO characters or any SW promos? The official site has a photo series called Sith Snapshots and they're all from Episode III. There are a bunch of promo pics there.

21. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Well, thx :)

I'm talkin about promo shots of real chars, so only from the movies. I have all pics that exsist for RotS, but I don't find pics of Joe Flanigan in that poses...

anyway, I'm working on it ;)

22. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Finally, I finished the Corran Horn Jedi pic:

[image=http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2899/rlcorranjedi20qe.jpg]

Still the beard is missing, but I'm not sure if I can give him one... also I'm not too content with the LS-blade. It looks a bit weird. But overall I think it's a quite showable, I think :D

Please some C&C on this.

23. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    C'mon... is it really that bad?

Please give me some critism on this piece.... please

24. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    No, it's not bad at all. :)

I've got to say, you've chosen the perfect face/head to use, as it really looks believable. It's a very rich shade of green, and it's nice, but I think it might be a tad bright for a jedi robe. But that's just my personal opinion (and really, what do I know?) However, For some reason, it reminds me of LOTR.

BTW...Have I told you how much I like that icon your using? :D

- Suz ^_~

25. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **Patience, Corran** Some of us take a little time to make our way all the way through the new pieces that come up! ;)

I really like "Corran-as-Jedi"--the lighting and coloring are great, and I actually think the lightsaber looks wonderful! Suz mentioned toning down the green in his robes--you could, but I rather think that Jedi Horn might just go with the brighter color "just because!" ;) Another nice rendering. Is it tough to find photos to "match," (re: lighting and tones) or is it something that can be "adjusted" in PS? I don't know anything about digital editing, so really haven't a clue to the difficulty--I just know that sometimes, when trying to "match" reference photos for composed drawings, it can be maddening! Anyway--nice work!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.