main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Corran's Creations***Updated, fanfic scene: Gladus Tite vs. Yuuzhan Vong***7/22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corran_Fett, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    No problem again ;)

It's in Blenders -> Just Add Water ;)

Good luck with it ;)

and thanks soits for your comment. Glad you like it. :)

2. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    After about nearly a month I still got only two comments... :( please, c'mon, boys and girls, I need some feedback...

Will see if it works better this time... [face_tired]

Well, I just was inspired by the amazing movie Sin City for my newest piece. But well, see yourself:

[image=http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/7583/quinlanvossincitycover7ge.jpg]

Well, please some C&C on that. :)

EDIT:
    Yeah! Page 3 and 51st post! :cool:

EDIT:
    It's a simple photomanip, notthing drawn by me. ;)

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice Vos poster/cover, Corran! I like the sort of ominous feel to it, all dark and rainy, and that quote insisting he's "still a Jedi." I think the only suggestion I might make for this would be to use text or script in the same style as the title "Sin City" for the quote here, and remove the name (it's pretty apparent who this is! ;) )--the white boxes seem a little distracting to me. I really like that image of Vos--I think it sort of personifies him, and is very effective in a piece of this kind.

Nice!

FF

4. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, FF, I'm glad you like it! The boxes and names are there, 'cause that's Sin City poster style.

Just an example of an official movie poster: [image=http://www.poster.net/sin-city/sin-city-sin-city-clive-owen-advance-poster-9900521.jpg]

The boxes may be annoying, but without them, it wouldn't be Sin City anymore. So, either with boxes, or without everything. If you want latter, here a version without any text:

[image=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5452/quinsinycitynotext0uz.jpg]

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ahh--I see now... If you're trying to make it just like the poster then yes--the comic-book text boxes are necessary. I guess it was just my own "eye" about the piece--no harm done (and I had forgotten that the actual poster had that...)! Still a great piece!

FF

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :D
    Hey, nice picture. I love the red lightsaber, it is really an eyecatcher, probably cause everthing else is so.....black?
    Keep working! (and just if you want to know it: there are just 2 people who visit my thread, sometimes......)

7. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I love that rendering of QV with the reverse saber grip! It fits in so very well with the Sin City style, too. Nice job.

8. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    You didn't draw that, did you?

Googlesearch, then, says you did this one as well. [face_shame_on_you]

[image=http://www.jedidirectory.com/QuinlanVos001.jpg]

Ever since I did my Vos pic, I've been seeing so many others. hahaha.

9. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks! And yeah, this half b/w is Sin City style ;)

As Omnis pointed out... I didn't draw that, it's just a photomanip. But thanks, anyway! :D

Nope, tho I'd like to draw like that... it's a simple photomanip, since this is my expertise... ;)
    (I guess that wasn't clear, so I edited my post)

10. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Meh, I knew that. That is why I said "that rendering" instead of "your rendering"... but that is semantics. I really like the effect of your background better than the original. And the red. :DLove the red.

11. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Ah, okay. Nevermind...

Well, thanks! Glad you like it... it wasn't much of a work, tho... just making it b/w, darker and then adding some rain. The most difficult thing was the lightsaber... it took me longer than all the rest... [face_blush]

12. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, that's an awesome Vos picture. I've been trying, with much failure, to do something like that. Have any pointers? :)

~Vassago

13. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, Vassago! :)

Well, I think it highly depends on the program used for making that. I use Corel Photo Paint which has a tool called "weather effects" with what I can easily add rain to it.
    In Photoshop, I think it's very difficult to make rain. You need a new layer, make lots of small white dots all over the pic and then blur it so much that it looks like rain drops. I think I saw a tutorial for that somewhere, I'll see if I can find it again ;) EDIT: Gottcha: http://neondragonart.com/dp/tutorials/rain.htm

I guess that's your main problem, isn't it? Well, I think the next thing would be making it black and white with leaving some parts colored. You mark the parts you want to leave colored, then invert the selection, make a new layer out of the selection, and change the color to b/w there.
    Or maybe it's the lightsaber... for that, take a look at the Lightsaber Tutorial Thread.

If it's something else, tell me ;)

14. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Thanks a lot, Corran. I'm going to try that out. That tutorial doesn't look too hard, so I'll have to give it a try. I'll let you know with the results. :)

~Vassago

15. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Wow, I like your work. :)

16. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    ;)

17. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Vor'e, ner vod! =D=
    Very good to see you care about something other than the Mando'ade. :p

18. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    No problem, lad ;) - can't wait to see your try.

Thanks. :)

Why do you thank me? You know that vor'e is "thank you", don't you?

Lol, indeed... :p

19. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Why do you thank me? You know that vor'e is "thank you", don't you?
    I thank you because your contributions are so good.
    I put one as my desktop background.

20. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I really like your photo manip of Quinlan. I assume you painted in the rain around him, or am I wrong.

My six year old son loved it also, but he had a question about lightsaber colors. I didn't know the answer, maybe you do. He thought only bad guys had red lightsabers, but I told him Quinlan Vos was a good guy. He wanted to know why he carried a red lightsaber then.

I didn't know. I don't know if there is any rule about who could have a red lightsaber. Does anybody know the answer?

Nice work.

AG88

21. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks. :) And, as I said above, I didn't really paint anything... just changed colors and contrast, nothing more. The rain was done with the weather-effect-tool from Corel Photo Paint. ;)

Glad he likes it, too. :D
    Quin is actually a good guy, but he nearly turns to the dark side while being a secret spy for the Jedi among Count Dooku's lines, in order to find the second Sith. He has done some bad things to please Dooku, including having a red lightsaber for some time. But in the end, he's still good ;)

The thing is, that for the whole dark atmosphere of Sin City, a green lightsaber wouldn't have fitted to well. All the dark parts and then the red lightsaber rather stand for evil rather than for good.

It actually isn't quite correct that only Dark Jedi and Sith have red lightsabers, but in general, only they have. Some Jedi (like Lowbacca) have red lightsabers, too. But, we haven't seen a Sith with a lightsaber that is not red, yet, so we can say that in general (there a exceptions), red lightsabers mean bad guys (i.e. Sith, since there are some Dark Jedi with yellow and orange lightsabers, too).

I hope that brings light into it... if there are any more questions, just ask ;)

@CC5052
    Ah, okay. Tho, none of my arts here is a wallpaper. Did you take one from the RC-Art?

22. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow, I didn't know about that tool. I need to check out Corel Photo Paint.

Thanks for the information on the sabers. I didn't know Lobacca had a red saber. Interesting.

Thanks.

AG88

23. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    You can either do that or use the rain-tutorial for Photoshop I posted some posts above ;)

No problem ;)
    And I'm not totally sure, but IIRC Lowie's saber goes rather from red to bronze than the "Sith-red" we know from Sith and Dark Jedi.

24. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I love it! Very well done. It catches the feel of the real movie posters very well :)

Oh, and for the record, your rain looks more real then the rain in that tutorial you posted ;)

25. Elena-Moon

Elena-Moon Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2005
    Corran_Fett,

Well lets see here..from what ive seen from the original to yours ..I have to say there is not much change to the artwork to call this a photomanipulation...contrasting and changing colors are very minor changes and are not really considered a Photomanip...I do apologize if I am being a bit careless in my behaviour but you see I really can't stand the people who take someone elses "art work" and change a few things and call it their own ....I too am a digital artists and if you really want to try and do your own work ...try not to steal other peoples work :(
    it really hurts the artist community especially when they are trying to individualize ones self from freedom of expression..do you really want to be known as a copy cat or even a ripper??
    please if you even have any respect for any artist or yourself if, and when you do post such pictures please give credit where credit is due ..and that is to the original artist :)
    then maybe I can give people like you a little more respect :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.