main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Corran's Creations***Updated, fanfic scene: Gladus Tite vs. Yuuzhan Vong***7/22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corran_Fett, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I would say that 99.9% of all wallpapers and photomanips seen in this forum are infringing on somebody's copyright, whether it is a photograph or a original drawing.

I don't see how what Corren_Fett is doing is any different from any of the other Photo manipulators in this forum.

AG88

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Thank you. :)
    And well, I guess that comes that my rain comes from an built-in feature of my program... it wasn't very difficult to make that... ;)

You do know that fanarts and wallpapers are allowed, don't you? I only took official pictures, made by employees of LFL or LA, not from other fan artists. And since fanarts are allowed, I do not have to credit the original artist of an art when I make a wallpaper or a photomanip/montage out of it. If I would've used a pic from another fan artist, I would have had to ask him to use his art and later credit him or her. But after I used an official artwork, there is no need to. What would you say when every single fan wants to make a wallpaper from a DVD screenshot and would have to ask LFL for permission, first?

Another thing... you are totally new to this board, and your very second post is about telling "experienced members" what to do and what not... that's not the kind of thing we like to see here...

If you think such manipulations like contrast and changing colors don't count as photomanip... what does make a photomanip a photomanip, then? A photomanip is no montage or collage... it's simply a pic with changed parts that differ from the original piece in more ways (i.e. the red lightsaber with Quin instead of the green one, or the Sin City logo and the boxes... with other pieces of my "art", like Corran or the camo clones, I really changed much more than just the color and/or contrast)

And if my art would not be tolerated without crediting the original artists, why is still thread still active, then? HS29 would've long told be about that if it were forbidden.

Thanks. And there are way more "worse" cases than mine, I guess. I myself have often enough experienced that with others using avatars and other kinds of "arts" from me without asking any permission.

3. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I finally got a new piece.. nothing special, just a little collage with the new Clone Wars Gunship prop:

[image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/028/4/b/Always_Ready_to_Engage____by_CorranFett.jpg]
    Always Read to Engage...

Please some comments...

4. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    very nice Corran. Did you draw the gunship? Or did you take a picture of a gun ship and give it a new paint job?

Nice pic.

AG88

5. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Neither, nor. ;)
    This was the source: http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSCCWgunship1.jpg - it took pretty much of time to cut that ship out...

But, thanks, AG88. Glad you like it. :)

6. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Ahhh... I have never seen that gunship toy before. I didn't know they had them with warpaint on.

The only advice I can give is I think the shadowing is off for the gunship. In the background there are heavy shadows as if the sun is in the background, but the gun ships don't have shadows where we would expect them.

AG88

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! That's a great picture! =D= Love it.

8. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Oh, it's actually only known for three or for days... it's still far from being sold, anyway. ;)
    And the warpaint should be familiar from the Clone Wars Series...

Good point, I didn't even notice that before you told me. I chose the background randomly, just something to fit with the lights on the ship... and, as we have no background for Muunilinst, I chose Geonosis, for it was on the toy-package, too. Anyway, I don't think it's so important with the shadows, and I have no idea how I could change that. But thanks for the heads-up, anyway :)

Thanks! :)

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Do you use Photoshop? If yes, maybe I know how to fix it.

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Photoshop CS2, yes. I already tried inner shadow, but it looks weird. I'd appreciate your help, but if it's still looking weird, I'm leaving it the way it is. It is not sooo bad, is it? :p

11. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Nicely done! Good clean cutting on the Gunship - you can't even tell it was cut, if you ask me (very much like all your work). I like how you softened the look of the ship, and it was a neat idea to incorporate it into the background as you did. Makes for a more interesting image with the rock placed in the foreground. Now, was that your initial idea all along, or was that done because the tail end was cut off on the box? [face_thinking]

Not an expert at photo manip. , but the only way I could think of as to how to add in shading is if it were manually done (painting it in and fiddling with the Layer Mode.) I don't see using Inner Shade to be all that effective in this case. But that's strictly my opinion and like I said - I'm not an expert :p . Anyways, despite the absence of shading, it still looks good. :)

- Suz ^_~

12. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thank you, Suz! :) And yeah, I gotta admit, that I only put to rock into the foreground because of the wing was cut off on the box... [face_whistling]

I already though of using the "Burn"-tool, and guess it would work... but I honestly think the art is okay the way it is... at least in my opinion... :p

13. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    I liked the gunship. But I would like to see some good Mandalorian photomanips from you. Since I can´t seem to find any of them anywhere...

14. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Glad you like it...

And check the first post... there is a pic of Ronan Barec in his armor. ;)

And on the first page of Honor Guard, I posted some other photomanips featuring him and his ship. And, somewhere else in the thread, I posted a pic of Atross, the Togorian.

15. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Yeah, I´ve already seen all of them..

16. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Ronan Barec slightly edited:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/24093170/

And a 'lil weapon concept:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/35065185/

17. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    These pictures are pretty neat. I wish I can do Photoshop works like that.

Bravo for getting the "Sin City" favour just right.

But I personally like the Corran Horn pictures. He just fits the picture of what I imagines the young Corran Horn to looks like. Through I just have to be "funny" and asks this question: this "Dagobrah" background in this Corran Horn in his pilot's uniform... does that mean he crashed on Dagobrah and meet Yoda too? [face_thinking]

But I'm curious about how you would add a beard to the Jedi Corran Horn's picture, if you don't mind me asking.

Talking about Corran Horn, I'm curious: I can't remember about the CorSec uniforms in the past, but in the new EU novels, like "Betrayal", the CorSec wore orange uniforms or something like that. Does that mean there is an uniform change or..?

I looks forward to more of your efforts.

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very excellent coloring Corran--is it really your first attempt? It sure looks great to me! And many kudos, too, to Ryan Benjamin for the great linework! The weapon looks positively deadly, particularly with that blade on the front! I could most certainly see a Mandalorian hefting it! Well done, on both of these!

FF

19. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, Crazydan, glad you like 'em. :)

Um.... good question, but no, I think you know the real deal. ;) [face_whistling] [face_worried]

Me too.... :p

Oh, well... I think I heard in one X-Wing novel that CorSecs wore green uniforms, but in a comic with CorSecs, they actually wore brown uniforms... anyway, my take on it is just a lame photomanip of John Sheppard's SGA uniform... [face_whistling]

Thank you, FF! :D And yes, it is (actually, it was, 'cause the original version is more than half a year old... see my last post on DA, where I said something about the new version). ;)

Thanks again, and yeah, Ryan Benjamin did an awesome job... pity, tho, that the lineart was so small... :(

Heh. Yeah, figured it would be... :D :p Glad you like 'em. :)

20. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Go check out a photomanip of Ronan Barec: http://www.deviantart.com/view/35310243/

Preview: [image=http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9735/ronanbarecreallifebycorranfett.th.jpg]

It displays him as he appears in the prologue of Honor Guard. Later on, he's got military short hair.

21. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    That is a great 'manip, Corran. It has to be the best one you have done so far.

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Did you do the coverart for your Honor Guard pic? If you did, I really like it.

AG88

23. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a great collage, Corran! =D= I love the way you've subtley separated the foreground figures from the background (scale helps with that, but even then, images can sometimes "run together" and look "flat"--not so here!)--even as it loaded on my screen the differentiation was readily apparent, and gives a great depth to the piece! Great work--and a superb homage to the 41st Elite! And Clive Owen makes a wonderful Mandalorian! Excellent blending of the images there--he really looks like he's wearing that armor! Again--very nice work!

FF

24. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, ner vod!

Yub, was me. Well... one of my quickest photomanips ever... credit goes to the guy whoever made this awesome piece with IG-88s in Boba's cover - can't find where I got it from... I just made some random ******-looking cover-manip out of that... I think I'll re-do that. ;) But thanks, anyway! :)

Thanks, FF! I take it you're talking about the cover, too? It's way more than half a year old, btw... :p If you're talking about the 41st collage... it's even older, maybe a year or so... it's actually not a collage... the only thing I edited was that airborne clone on the right, here: http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2365/ssasfsfewa4kq.jpg
    Another thanks for the Mando piece... glad you like it! :D

25. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.