main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Corran's Creations***Updated, fanfic scene: Gladus Tite vs. Yuuzhan Vong***7/22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corran_Fett, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice wallpaper version, Corran! I think I like the flame b/g best--for some reason it gives a little more energy to the piece, and sets off the figure at the right. Just my own opinion, mind you--but I do like it! And it's going to be great fun to see what you'll come up with using Poser when you finally get it! ;)

FF

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, FF, I'm glad you liked it. :) And as for Poser, I doubt I'll ever get my hands on that... [face_whistling]:p

Anyway, here's the first step of my entry for the current challenge:

To get at least something for this contest, I inked a requested artwork by the awesome DarthKuk from a while ago and hope I'll be able to color it 'till the deadline.

Gladus Tite, Mandalorian - DeviantArt link

[image=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8145/gladustiteinkssmallgd7.jpg]

This is my second try at inking, this time done via CS2 and the awesome Pen Tool. It took me hours and hours of work, but I think it's really worth it and I'm really content with what it looks like, now.

And yes, he's the same guy as in the photomanip and on the wallpaper, just with helmet and with a new armor. ;) :D

Please some CnC, everyone. :)

3. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah, that's a fabulous drawing by DarthKuk--he's one of our resident "Mando-Masters," I think!

You've done a great job with the inking, Corran--very clean and smooth. I can only see a line or two that came from the original, so you've really been precise. I'll be looking forward to the finished color piece, as well!

FF

4. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Wow!! I am VERY impressed with that picture! I'm literally just stuck staring at it...wow

5. DarknessofDeath

DarknessofDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2006
    hey corran. I really like ur work. :)

6. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, FF, FF79 and DoD! I'm glad you liked it.

Here's the colored version:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42372821/

Be sure to read the descriptions over there, about the three steps from sketch to colors.

7. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice work!

AG88

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, beautiful work, Corran! =D= Almost a Christmas color scheme going there, with the red-and-green... ;) :p Wonderful detailing with all the weapons--it looks just great!

FF

9. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Well now, it's been a while, hasn't it? :p

A few weeks ago, I made this wallpaper for an art contest on PSW, the German equivalent to the JC. Won the first releases of the German OT novelizations, the ANH one being 30 years old. :p

Anyhow, without further ado, here's the wallpaper:

[image=http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/wallpaper_30yearsSW_psw_contest_1280.jpg]

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    First--congratulations on the contest win, Corran! =D= Second--what a great wallie! I love the composition of it, and the images you chose seem to tell the saga from start to finish very well. Good colors--it's wonderful (and deserving of the honor of first place!)! Again--congrats!

FF

11. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Although I'm not really getting more feedback here than on DA, I'm posting some of my recent updates:

(for descriptions, read them on the linked DA pages, I'm too lazy to post it here as well [face_blush] )

*** [logo design] ShenCresh Ops, Shogun special forces

*** [photomanip] Clive Owen as my Mando OC Ronan Barec

*** [photomanip] Another quick manip of Ronan Barec, non-DA this time and barely remarkable

*** [coloring] Added background to old Gladus Tite coloring
    Preview: [image=http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/fanfics/gladus2-sm.jpg]

I have more stuff going on as well, but nothing that's postable yet. For example, I'm doing the colors for an upcoming comic strip on BobaFett.com, and sitting on a big project on a Mando OC of mine, together with DarthKuk. [face_mischief]

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm sorry I missed seeing these until now, Corran... **face_sheepish** They're all great--the Clive Owen/Ronen manips are especially nice (the facial close up really looks like it was done with brushes and paint! Great job with that one!). The finish on your Gladus Tite is terrific--great choice of palette for that b/g--it really sets the character off and really adds to the dynamic feel of the whole thing! Well done on all!

FF

13. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Lol, it's kinda funny that you're the only one commenting to my work here, FF... thanks for that, though, at least someone. :)

Anyhow, here's another good bunch o' updates (newest first; please also read the descriptions on DeviantArt)

[coloring] Durge, and a clone trooper fallen prey to him. (lines by Jeff Confer)

[coloring] Delta Six-Two 'Scorch', Clone Commando (lines by Jeff Confer)

[photomanip] Gladus Tite, holding a Twi'lek Piece Brigader by the neck (based on a game render, scene from my fic WFSAM)

[photomanip] Mando'ade Monthly 65:6, with a cover story on Ram Zerimar (Please read description!)

[photomanip] Ram Zerimar in an eerie "Natural Environment" (Please read description!)

[photomanip] Mandalorian supercommandos, among them Ram Zerimar, in battle! (Please read description!)

[photomanip] Mandalorian star sniper Ram Zerimar in battle! (Please read description!)

14. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    wow, seen so much awesome stuff in this thread I just had to comment. Stunning colour jobs on the line arts provided by other artists, really fleshes the characters out and brings them to life :) It's good to see someone plugging the mando's they don't get enough art-time ;) It's great that you add a discription with each piece you do also, some amazing 3D work too :D I love what your doing with who I assume is an OC? Ronan Barec, some really dynamic poses going on there. I am sure i've seen you around DA, i'll be sure to look in on your gallery more often ;)

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WOW!! =D= Big update, and all so great, Corran! =D= All of them are wonderful--the manips don't really look like manips at all! ;) And the colorings demonstrate just how skilled you are in that delicate art--gorgeous, with wonderful tones, palettes and use of light (you seem to have a very "wicktone-type eye" for light...impressive!). Great, great work!

FF

16. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Aaaaayee, same as the lack for Vong art - your stuff is pretty cool in your own style, although I prefer them to look a bit creepier. [face_whistling]

[face_worried] Um... I don't do 3D, although I'd love to be fluid with that as well. :p I think you're talking of the photomanipulations, right?

Yeah, Ronan, Gladus and Altair are OCs from my fanfics, but there's not so much of them, yet. With these "dynamic poses" you're probably talking about the recent photomanips of Mandos, those have nothing at all to do with my fanfic... that's Ray Ramirez, a buddy of mine, in his very awesome custom-built Mando armor, and some guys from the Dune Sea Garrison.

Thanks. :D And also glad you like my stuff, I appreciate your feedback. :)

Thank you! [face_blush] Also thanks for those comments on DA, I have some more in-depth replies over there. ;)

17. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    You're welcome, as I said, always good to see someone posting mando's ;)
    And thanks by the way, i'm currently working on a pic of Shimrra that's slightly out of keeping with my usual style of sketching Yuuzhan vong.

18. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Several days ago, the amazing itmon finished a request for a OC from my fanfics. See his awesome piece of art over here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59398366/

I'm really indebted to him for that awestriking drawing! [:D]

I gave the coloring of it a go, and although it's not my best, it illustrates the dark action pretty well, I think.

[coloring] Gladus Tite versus some shabla Scarheads (pencils and inks by itmon)
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/200/6/d/Gladus_Tite_vs__Scarheads_by_CorranFett.jpg]

I will be writing a scene in my current WIP on that scene, I'll keep you posted. ;)

Also, you might wanna check another thread of mine, a kind of index of all art on my fanfiction series Rage of the Shadow Warriors: http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/27167976/p1/?0

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, that is a dark scene: plenty of action in it, and lots and lots of threat! I think the dark colors work well for it--keeps the ominous, "trapped" feeling that the drawing seems to convey (the Vong dropping down onto the character is really threatening!). I just love the idea that the Mandalorians were able to largely repel the YV without the firepower of the NR/GA--it really increases their "legend," in my mind! **nods** :D Great coloring!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.