main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Correct Me If I'm wrong--but Vader IS NOT a Sith.......

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Boss_Consta, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boss_Consta

Boss_Consta Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2003
    As They said at the end of TPM"There can only be two siths in the world at one time" In The Movie They try to show that Vader is Palpatine's sith apprentice--PALPATINE is the Sith-- In TPM they also say 'a sith is one who is born with the powers of the jedi--and uses them for evil"(or something on those lines) Vader used his Jedi Powers for Good while he was known as Anakin Skywalker--AND--Was Trained--he was not born knowing how to wield a lightsaber.......Any Comments??

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    "Only two there are. No more, no less. A master, and an apprentice."

That's Yoda's line. There's nothing really stopping millions of Sith (Dark Side users) being all over the place, but the secret Sith order decided to keep it to two only to avoid power struggles - a master, and an apprentice.

The original Sith were an alien race that used the Dark Side. As time went on and knowledge of the Dark Side spread, the term 'Sith' just kinda applied to any Dark Sider.

3. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    You're wrong. At the time of the OT there were only two Sith Lords, Palpatine and Vader. Simple maths really.

4. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    As They said at the end of TPM"There can only be two siths in the world at one time"

And in the CT those two would be Palpatine and Vader.

In The Movie They try to show that Vader is Palpatine's sith apprentice--PALPATINE is the Sith--

Only one of the two. Vader is the other one.

In TPM they also say 'a sith is one who is born with the powers of the jedi--and uses them for evil"(or something on those lines)

I'm afraid I don't recall any lines remotely similar to that, though it has been a while since I watched TPM. But, yes, that's essentially correct, though the Sith are much more than just Dark Jedi. The Sith are the darkest of the dark side.

Vader used his Jedi Powers for Good while he was known as Anakin Skywalker--

Anakin Skywalker wasn't a Sith Lord. Darth Vader was. ;)

AND--Was Trained--he was not born knowing how to wield a lightsaber.......

All Jedi and Sith are trained. I think you're misinterpretting the quote I don't remember. All future Jedi and Sith are born Force-sensitive, but they must be trained so they can harness their power and use it for light or dark, depending on who they're trained by.

5. Rebel_Dream

Rebel_Dream Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Any force user can be turned into a Sith Lord, since the source of their power comes from the same source as the Jedi. The Force.

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Ironically enough to this thread, but in the real world timeline, Vader was the original Dark Lord of the Sith :p

7. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Yep, Vader is a Sith.

8. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    In TPM they also say 'a sith is one who is born with the powers of the jedi--and uses them for evil"(or something on those lines) Vader used his Jedi Powers for Good while he was known as Anakin Skywalker--AND--Was Trained--he was not born knowing how to wield a lightsaber.......Any Comments??

First of all, nowhere in the film does it say 'a sith is one who is born with the powers of the jedi--and uses them for evil.'
    Second, Darth Tyranus fits the same criteria as Vader: as Dooku, he was trained as a Jedi.

9. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    If someone is trying to prove Vader isn't a Sith, they may want, for an encore, prove that Master Yoda isn't green.

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Last time I checked the words "One Plus One Equals Two" were still a valid reference point in the math world.

11. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
  12. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    If you get into the EU, the Sith were originally an alien race who used primitive 'sorcery' by tapping into the dark-side. A band of dark jedi who had been banished from the Republic found them and using their power became rulers over the sith and incorporated their sorcery into their teachings and began the Sith Empire, resulting in the "Gold Age of the Sith"

Eventually the race of he Sith just sorta vanished, and the term Sith took on its current meaning, a cult that delves deeply into the dark-side

But after several wars with the Republic and power struggles that took place within the Sith ranks that resulted only in senseless bloodbaths, the Sith Empire was destroyed and the Sith Lord Darth Bane who managed to survive began the new Sith Order, there would only be 2 Sith at a time, a Master and an apprentice to avoid power struggles which would only destroy their cause as it had before

Darth Vader and Palpatine are both Sith and they go by this new order just as Yoda said, Palpatine is the master while Darth Vader is the apprentice

13. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Always two they are. No more, no less".

Well...that's simply wrong. If we think about Maul and Sidious, then what happened the moment Mauls was killed? There was only one left. So this "no more, no less" thing doesn't make any sense.

14. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    What's this?! Return of MeBeJedi?

15. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Your wrong.
    Vader is a Dark Lord of The Sith.

16. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    SkyWookiee

[face_laugh] You know, I used to spend all my time in the CT, but the other threads have been more interesting lately (read: bigger debates).

Besides, how would someone with a July '03 date know this? ;)

17. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I wasn't registered for a long time. I found the forum when the first OT trivia game started (and I wanted you to win) but I decided to wait until I see all the Star Wars.

18. TheHorrorNerd

TheHorrorNerd Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 18, 2002
    That_Wascally_Droid beat me to it.
    Darth Vader is known as THE Dark Lord of the Sith.

19. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    so then you might say, vader is now the master seeking an apprentice?

20. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    Vader isn't a Sith. He's a SITH LORD.

21. KiAdiMonday

KiAdiMonday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2003
    Always two they are. No more, no less".

Well...that's simply wrong. If we think about Maul and Sidious, then what happened the moment Mauls was killed? There was only one left. So this "no more, no less" thing doesn't make any sense.

People take that quote much to literally, Yoda wasn't implying that as soon as you kill a Sith another instantly appears to replace him. He was saying that if one dies they seek out a replacement so while there may temporarily be less than two that's not the norm.

22. Apollo68

Apollo68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    Thank you Monday - sheesh!

Palpy is a Sith - Vader is a Sith. When one is eliminated one moves up in rank OR another is recruited. There's a reason there can be only two.

Finding out what, why, how the Sith got to where they are go to the Official Site & look in the databank.

23. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    It's as simple as this... Dark Lords of the Sith take on titles of the Dark Side of the Force. Darth Sidious is a Sith Lord. Darth Maul is a Sith Lord. Darth Tyranus is a Sith Lord.

Now, he is DARTH Vader, right?

24. jedisteve599

jedisteve599 Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2003
    As stated before, it's simple math.

"Always two there are. No more, no less."

TPM - Maul & Sidious

AOTC - Dooku & Sidious

EP3 - probably starts with Dooku & Sidious then Vader & Sidious

ANH, ESB, ROTJ - Vader & Sidious

Pretty simple if you ask me.

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek