main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Correlian Rum (pre TPM to post TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jul 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hutt-Lordess

Hutt-Lordess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2000
    ::horrified:: that's not the end, is it?!!!

2. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    No, that's not the end. When it's the end, I put two big words there. "The" and "End"....

=)

Anyways, no, the adventures of Knight Obi-Wan will be coming soon.

3. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon!

Excellent posts again!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I hope Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan can resolve their differences. They both sound awfully lonely.

5. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    AN: This picture did wonderful things for my imagination. http://www.hawksong.com/ma/thegeneral.html

Obi-Wan quietly packed his bag. The news that he would be leaving on a mission had not surprised him. The mission itself, well, it he wasn't dumb from the last few weeks, this might have finished him off. Finishing with his clothes, he cast his eyes about the room. Most all his things were still in boxes and he was grateful Bant and Reeft had volunteered to haul them over. Seeing Qui-Gon now.... He was a knight, and he wasn't about to lose his control now.

Finding the box of things from his old desk, he rummaged through it, finally placing a spare lightsaber crystal and several holos inside the bag - adding in several datachips, he closed the top. Glancing in the mirror, he allowed a wry grin to spread across his face. The memory of the last time his reflection had been cloaked in black cloth made the irony so much greater. //They went from turning me away, to trusting me with everything.// Running his fingers threw already touseld hair, he tried to think of ways to get out of this mission.

*You're out of ideas Kenobi. Just get on with it.*

Shouldering the bag, he cast his eyes around the room, wondering when, or if, he would next see this place.

----------

To:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    The Jedi Temple
    Coruscant

Maeyan Alexzander
    Diplomatic Convoy
    Republic Vessel Kle'sha

Dear Obi-Wan,

You're right, I do know all to well about the attacks in the Rim. Our ship has been under attack twice now, and I'm frightened to think about those ships without diplomatic markings. The crew is restless, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to recieve timely or accurate information. Something is horribly amiss here, I only hope the Jedi can discover its source.

Kared had been moved to a battle cruiser somewhere near the core. The Senate is afraid for its onw skin before that of the tired crews being attacked daily. I am sorry if I seem preoccupied on this matter, but frustration seems to be the only emotion anyone has out here.

Again Congratulations, and I hope that you and your master can resolve your differences. Time is too short sometimes. My watch has been called, so I will send this message on its way.

Maey

6. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Obi in black, woo-hoo!
    Great story. now get back up there.

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Obi!

I seem to be saying that pretty often these days. Please let Obu and Qui resolve their problems. They need closure. Sorry, going into mother mode. I'm back now!

Post more!!!!!!!!

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Lovely picture Daphne and great post. I have a horrible feeling only some terrible event is going to bring the 'boys' together again.

9. Master_of_Reality

Master_of_Reality Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    I've got a story titled "I, Dark Jedi" I've been working HARD on the story - someone PLEASE read it. At least LOOK at if - if you don't like it, tell me!
    please go read it :)

10. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    To:
    Padawan Skywalker
    Jedi Temple
    Coruscant

Knight Kenobi
    Republic Fleet Processing Center

Dear Anakin,

Thank you for the going away present. Like your new master, it appears you have an attraction to rocks. I will keeps yours with me while I am away. Enclosed are my astrophysics notes, just as you requested. Be forewarned, my handwriting is horrible.

The cruiser is preparing to leave, so I best be off to meet the crew. Take care of Master Jinn and be careful.

Obi-Wan

------------------

"Are you coming General?"

"Yeah." Dusting off his uniform, the Jedi sent his message and headed through the crowd.

11. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Anakin Skywalker was not having a good day. His Master had fallen into a state of perpetually irritated and he was starting to wonder if maybe, just *maybe* he shouldn't have stayed in Watto's shop.

Staring at the burns marring his tunic, he wondered exactly what Master Jinn would fight like in a *really* bad mood. Of course, all that might have been okay, but the other padawans didn't like him. One of the boys had seemed alright, but he had muttered something about the Code and newbies stealing all the good masters and slunk away to join his friends.

Opening the closet, Anakin wondered if anything else was hiding in their. He knew Knight Kenobi had moved rather quickly and finding the astronavigation tables had been the highlight of his week - convincing his to send the notes to go with it might well have made his year.

Of course, when he'd gotten a transmission from Obi-Wan, Master Jinn had grilled him. He had gotten a little upset when Anakin confessed that he hadn't really been mentioned in the letter.

"Maybe he'll send you one later," had been all the boy could think of to say, but he wondered if maybe that was the reason the was a little scorched. Knowing he wouldn't get anything more than another round of meditations for asking his master, he made a note to remind himself to ask Knight Kenobi in his next transmission. *And for the information on his new cruiser... maybe he'll let me fly sometime.*

Qui-Gon let just one long-suffering sigh escape as he sent Anakin off to shower and change before dinner. *How could my son send a letter to a boy he dislikes and not to me?*

Collapsing into his favorite chair, he wondered how long he'd make it before he would just skip town and show up somewhere in the middle of the Rim looking for General Kenobi. *Not too long by the looks of things.* Seperation - he'd known that would come after Obi-Wan's knighting, but estrangement? No, that was something he wasn't prepared to deal with.

The rumors from the Rim were starting to make their way around the Temple. *Which means they've already run through the Fleet.* Some of the Masters were even starting to connect a missing Knight and the rumors and through Obi-Wan, connect the Sith. Qui-Gon hoped those who guessed at the rumors were wrong - hoped the entire Council was wrong for that matter.

Once bitten, twice shy.

---------------------

Obi-Wan reread the letter carefully. The Council, was, as usual, hiding behind a screen of proforma, but the time for action was coming. Every day they moved closer to their patrol area, and every day in meditation, he could feel the darkness grow. It wasn't a feeling he longed for more of. Yes, the day was coming.

12. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
  13. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Oh, don't worry Daphne, I'd of upped this!! It just takes alot of time reading all the threads and catching up even if you've only missed one day (well, almost two!) and being in Scotland there's rather a large time difference.

I love the angst!!!! Poor Qui-Gon! Yes, he definately needs to seek out Obi-Wan and sort this out!

And a special thank you for the link to the picture. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Daphne great job on the angst. Maybe if they would just get together Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon could work out this hideous estrangement.

15. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    General Kenobi. just gotta like the sound of that. (and the picture helps too!)
    more please.

16. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Hi Daphne! Just bringing this up!

17. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan hid himself in the long cargo bay of the ship. His watch on the bridge had erased more brain cells than years of studying poetry at the Temple. He could almost feel the evil they approached, but he was helpless ot bring about an end. For now at least, they were at the mercy of the enemy.

Shedding his uniform jacket and boots, he stood barefoot, reaching out into the force, preparing to perform his katas.

*Of course, the pirates are targetting everyone.* The wreckage of military vessels had become too common of a site and they headed towards the Rim. The crew rallied around their pet Jedi as if his presence would protect them from the unseen evil.

*If only they knew I would be drawing it towards me.* The debate over the nature of the enemy still raged throughout the Senate and the Temple, but in his heart, it was settled long ago. The darkness which had pierced his heart in time to the blade which had broken his body told all. Sith. And they were back.

*Always two there are. A master and an apprentice.*

Obi-Wan stretched, ignoring the everpresent pains in his chest and the smooth handle of his new saber. *If the apprentice nearly killed me, the master may well succeed.* Taking up the first stance, he couldn't manage to supress the memory of his master teaching him his battle forms. *Master, I would rather do this by your side. Why did you have to push me away?*

-----------------------------------------

Qui-Gon coaxed Anakin into the first form of the first kata.

//Master, did Obi-Wan have as much trouble with this as I do?//

Ignoring the touch of pain in his heart at the mention of his padawan... his son, Qui-Gon nodded, //Even more than you, Ani.//

Gritting his teeth, Anakin submitted to the lesson with more good grace than the master could remember seeing. *Ah, so that's how it works. Tell him Obi-Wan was the same. But their nothing alike..... and I miss him.*

--------------------------------------------------

The barrage of gun fire filled the dead space around the cruiser. The crew tried to evade the pirates, had been trying to for days. Apparently the mission would fail. The captain yelled orders at all who would listen as the slim figure gathered the officer's children into one of the escape pods. Slipping the emergency release into her pocket the young woman prayed she wouldn't have to use it.

Entering the bridge was like entering a battlefield. Choking back memories of the smoke and blood and blasters, she took the communications console from the dying lieutenant still at his station. As blasts continued to shake the bridge, she dispatched two messages, one to the Republic Command and one on all channels. Hopefully someone would come to their aid. Another blast rocked the cabin and she felt the blood flowing into her eyes. Slipping a hand into her pocket, she depressed the button in the moments before the blackness swallowed her.

18. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Cool post Daphne! Some serious healing's needed here...

19. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Love this thread .. so intense, so emotional, so full of angst..

Of course, the image of Obi-Wan in black helps :)~ *DrooooOOoOOOllLLllLLL*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.