main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corrupt Footage...Help!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Dexx, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexx

Dexx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2003
    Someone please help, 2 weeks ago I captured some footage it captured perfectly fine, I edited it with Adobe Premiere, and added some effects to it, I went back to premiere and my footage was corrupted

heres how it looked:

[image=http://duicrew.homestead.com/files/WTF.jpg]

Its also only a couple of seconds of the footage.

2. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    If you didn't physically overwrite the original raw file, that really isn't possible.

As a rule, it's not really even possible to overwrite the raw footage from Premiere (you can't write over a file that's currently in use). If, somehow you managed to do this, that explains why your raw data file is screwed up.

In any case, you may have to re-capture the raw data from the camera and re-apply whatever effects you put on it in Premiere.

Now, if none of this applies, and it's just a matter of how your raw data is being read, you may need to simply recompress the raw footage with another program.

I hope this is as least somewhat helpfull...

3. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    I can almost definately tell you what it was. A bump. If you bump or jerk or shake a tape-based camera, it will screw up the footage and won't write over something you already taped. So you might have a couple seconds or frames or whatever that are splotchy with something below it that you had taped before.

4. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Well, that too is a good point. Everything I said was based on the assumption that the clip looked fine when you initially captured it.

5. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    if you go back to the clip bins and double click on the original file, it should open up in its own player window. Play the file that way and see if the dropout happens there. (make sure you are not clicking on the footage in the timeline, just the original clip in the bins.) Another way to test the clip is to just open that captured clip in Windows Media player or Quicktime without even having Premiere open. This will tell you if the original clip is bad or if it just got pooched in the timeline. If the glitch is there, then you need to recapture. If it's gone, then something hinkey is going on inside premiere. Start there and get back to us.

6. Dexx

Jan 4, 2003
    I played it with Windows media, and it frooze up in the part were it gets messed up.

7. Dexx

Jan 4, 2003
    Don't worry guys, I solved the problem by going around that footage, I couldn't recapture because my Camera is in the shop, thans for the suggestions... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.