main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Corruption and scandals

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Entil`Zha, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Only weak-minded and ignorents aren't aware of what's been going on in Ottawa recently. Many ministers and deputees are under suspicion of corruption. Many contracts were given to friendly firms and companies without even asking for any bids. Now, when is this going to end? Now that Jean Chretien fired Paul Martin, do you think the clock is ticking for him?

And what's with the opposition? The only ones speaking out loud is the Bloc Quebecois... come on, they are not even a real party!!!! We need to hear new ideas from the other parties. NPD's leader is now gone as well, but no one votes NPD anyway...

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I hope they get this settled soon. As a Liberal supporter, I'd hate to see this affect the next election. I think firing Martin was a mistake, and may slow or halt the economic boom that Canada was forcasted to experience. I think Chretien is getting old, and no longer makes a whole lot of sense. The quote in my sig, as true as it is, is rarely something you hear from a politician whose name is not Pierre Trudeau. I think it's time for him to step down, before he starts interrupting the House of Commons debates to ask Harper if he has any porridge.

Anyway, I think the best way to avoid accusations of corruption is to not be corrupt. That is what I would like to see the Liberal party do.

3. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Only one system will bring an end to corruption...

Haa. why am I even trying?

Still. Jedi, we need Jedi..

Or An Imperium yet again.. Ho wait we allready are in one of those however they don't care about us anymore....

ha well.. seems like well be going in chaos like some other countries pretty soon.. yep.. we're yet just another star on the american flag.

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I think you're going overboard with the defeatist comments. Harper hasn't suceeded in destroying this country quite yet. Or are you a separatist? If so, NON! :p

//still hasn't taken down 1995 NON posters. ;)

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Since I did study the question, Had I had the right to vote back in 1980.. when I was only 2 months old, I would have said yes.

however, Nowadays, there's no real reason to vote Yes anymore..

So no I'm not a separatist anymore.
    However, I am a Proud Quebecer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.