main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Corruption

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mirax-Jade, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son-of-Shinobi

Son-of-Shinobi Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 14, 2003
    The ship slowly maneuvered between the jagged peaks. ?There? Tara pointed. The ship neared the side of the cliff. A hologram flickered off revealing a cave high above the valley. The ship entered the cave; touching down on it?s stone surface.

2. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Tara got up from her seat and began making her way to the ramp, but stopping to wait for Yager.

3. Son-of-Shinobi

Feb 14, 2003
    Yager proceeded down the ramp with the Senator. Looking around the large facility, ?I can?t image excavating this. Where should I put them??

4. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Tara waved vaguely. "Anywhere you want."

OOC: oh yes oh yes oh yes they both reach for the GUN!!! hahahaha!

5. Son-of-Shinobi

Feb 14, 2003
    Yager returned to the ship with a cart as Tara stood next to a computer.

OOC: I need a break.

6. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Tara studied the computer, glancing up at Yager. "Do you understand this? It's in a language I can't understand..."

OOC: I'm going to have to go...so Shinobi, when you come back, you have control over me!

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC:?! Looks like I missed my window of opportunity with Tara....

IC: No sooner than Kai gone to introduce himself, a ship had arrived and the Senator had excused herself politely to check on the newcomer. Realising that she was a busy woman, Kai decided to wait for her return.

After a minute or two, Halicon realised that she might of been held up, so he sparked a cigarette and leant up against a tree.

Suddenly, the Force spiked in his head and he was aware of one sensation:

Beware.... danger approaches.

He scanned around, dropping the cigarette to the ground, the filter hissing as it hit the moist surface. It was only then that Kai felt the presence of someone behind him and reached out with the Force.

It was only as he heard the familiar sound of blaster carbine being loaded that he realised that he was not alone in the clearing by the ship.

He turned and drew his lightsaber, igniting the blade and swinging it to his defense in one fluid motion. From nowhere a blaster bolt appeared from thin air and shot towards the Jedi. Kai stepped into the path of the bolt and raised his green blade, deflecting the beam back on it's original trajectory.

The beam bounced harmlessly off the blade and struck an invisible target. Kai watched in awe as a a darkly-clad figure appeared in a haze of distortion, the reflected beam having been sent back to the originator and striking them dead centre of the chest.

It was a humanoid figure, but slightly taller. Clad in black armour and a mask and carrying a stragne package on it's back, it fell to the ground, visually stunned. Still carrying the blaster, it sat up again and tried for another shot, but Kai was already upon it, his emerald lightsaber slicing through the gun and cutting it in half.

"Stay put!" The Jedi hissed throught grit teeth as he leveled his blade at the armoured one's throat. The attacker made no sign of movement but proceeded to remove their hood, revealing the green-hued skin of a young Twi'lek female.

Kai reached out with the Force.

Kibo! Camden! Get over here quickly!

Evidently, the Rebellion's presence on Tybee Island was no longer a secret.

TAG: Ornen.

8. Randomclone

Randomclone Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
  9. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Esrca sat in her quarters aboard the Havoc Vender.

Earlier that day, she had sent a kamikaze spy into the rebel base. She wondered if they had received any transmissions from her.

tag: kai

10. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai hoisted the Twi'lek girl to her feet - she was no more than eighteen and her yellow eyes shone with dessention.

"I could barely sense you in the Force....why?"

The spy said nothing, and Halicon sneered with discontent. He reached for the backpack on the Twi'lek's suit and opened it, to reveal the small form a a ysalimiri juvenile; a tiny reptile with the unique ability to create "black-spots" in the Force. One this size would of only been able to shield a single humanoid - hence the Twi'lek's Force-invisibility.

"Hmmm..."

Kai examined the suit of armour the girl wore and revealed what looked like an old Dark Trooper series cloaking device on the belt of the armour. The Republic's anti-human league were certainly pulling out all the stops.

"I think you'd do best to explain to us what you're doing here and if you've relayed any information."

The Twi'lek snarled.

"I'll give you nothing, human germ!" She spat back in accented Basic.

Kai grimmaced. Reaching out with the Force, he touched her mind.

You don't need to tell me anything, because the Force is my ally. Or had you forgotten that I was a Jedi - I thought the lightsaber would of given it away.

He saw a look of surprise in the girl's eyes.

I can see now that the blast I reflected only damaged the comms array in your suit so whatever you were transmitting didn't get through. Effectively, you weren't able to send any information back to your superior regarding this establishment.

Camden approached, unlit lightsaber in hand.

"You alright?"

"Yeah. See if you can get hold of the Senator and her General friend." Kai replied.

The boy nodded and ran back to the ship.

"I suppose you'll kill me now..." The Twi'lek retorted as Kai sat her down on a log. Evidently, she realised that the Jedi would be able to strike her down with less than a conscious thought if she ran, so she reamained still.

"If that's your view of a Jedi, then you obviously don't know that much about us. Whilst I don't appreciate a blaster bolt in the back, I'm more the type who severs weapons in half, not limbs if I can avoid it."

The spy seemed a bit taken aback by this statement. Kai knelt down beside her, his long coat drapping across the ground.

"I'm Kai Halicon of the Jedi Order. Contrary to popular belief, I'm here to observe and collect data, not to join a war. Now, I'm willing to cut a deal. You give me the details of your mission and I'll make sure you're allowed to leave this world unharmed, under my personal protection if need be."

Her eyelids fluttered and she lowered her head.

"My name is Lt Liara Falzar. I'm an officer in the Republican Army - Espionage dision. I recieved my orders via computer link and was instructed to tail the Senator and report back to my superior."

"...and that would be...?"

"I don't know. There was no mention of a name. Top officials don't go mentioning their details in classified assignments."

Kai rubbed his jaw. This was getting more interesting by the minute.

"Alright, Liara. I'll need to notify General Morchev of your presence - technically, as a POW as you now are, they have the right to question you, but I promise you that I won't be far away."

Liara nodded her head.

"....Thank you..... I had not expected to be treated so kindly if I was captured. Are all Jedi like you? For the record, I wasn't hoping to kill you, but you were close to finding me out, weren't you?"

Kai stood up.

Perhaps she's slightly Force-senstive...it would explain her sensing my unfortability before...

"We try to do the right thing. Some of us are probably better at it than others. Trust me when I say that I'm not exactly the generic portrait of a Jedi, but I'm not anything you should be afraid of."

In his mind, Kai wondered who had sent Liara and what they were planning next. Hopefully Morchev and Senator Serannia would go easy on the Twi'lek....

TAG: corellian_chic242, mirax-jade

OOC: Ha, got over 500 posts - yay for me

[face_g

11. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Esrca entered the bridge with a flourish, and watched with a twisted pride as every officer on deck jumped to salute.

"Lieutenant Gyrr. Have we received any transmission from our spy?"

The Givin shook his head. "No, milady. She was due to report an hour ago. She is very punctual... I have every reason to believe that she has been captured.

Esrca rolled her eyes and smoothed the fur on the back of her neck. "Rookies..." she muttered under her breath. "Thank you, Lieutenant. Continue surviellance of all space and air traffic."

"Yes, ma'am."

She left the bridge and headed to the officer's lounge. I'll just have to try again. Maybe a Shi'ido...? She grinned, showing pointed white teeth. This rebellion will die before it even learns to crawl.

tag: all

OOC: i don't know if i spelled Shi'ido right...

12. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    OOC: sry i haven't posted lately i've been having some computer trouble that has made it hard for me to get online. Can someone PM me with what has been happenin here so i'll be caught up?

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    The evening was setting in and Kai suggested they retreat back to The Rogue Knight to wait for Morchev and Tara Serannia to return, or for word of their location so that they might rendevouz.

Liara put up no struggle at all and Kai noticed her entire mood seemed to change as soon as Kai'd revealed he had no intention of taking her life. Perhaps the majorically alien government of the NR has placed such notions in her head.

KB-187 in the cockpit and Kai had asked Kibo and Camden to scout around and see if there were any other spies in the area - Liana had assured him there weren't but Kai suspsected that she might not be entirely in the loop with the NR's plan and as such, might be unaware of any other potential spies. Kibo was a good tracker - Kai wagered he'd have no trouble tracking any down if there were any.

Liana sat down in the main hold of the ship, where the booth and main living area as located. She removed her backpack and armour, revealing herself to be clad in a dark grey sleeveless jumpsuit and boots.

"Why exactly did you accept this mission?" Kai asked, as the girl flicked one of her lekku headtails off her shoulder.

"It was an honor to accept. I have no love for you humans in general, though I will admit you are not as bad as ones I have met."

Thanks, I think....

"You've had a bad run with our kind, haven't you?" Kai asked as he removed his coat and draped it over the booth. He reached for his cigarettes and sparked one up. Liana observed him curiously. Kai offered her one and she lit it up quickly.

"Yes. My family was taken by a slaver, but there was a conflict and my parents and brother were killed - I escaped and joined the military. I trained in combat to one day find the man who took their lives and repay them the same cruelty. I accepted this mission because I'm told that the man who killed them now runs with the Rebellion."

Hmmm...definitive motivation....

"Revenge isn't an answer. Believe me, I know."

"How could you? You Jedi have a life of luxury compared to mine." Blue smoke danced around her yellow eyes.

Kai exhaled and stepped forward.

"Luxury? In case you've not noticed, this freighter is older than I am. And don't think you're the only one with a tragic past. My father was a Jedi who was murdered when I was a baby. My two childhood friends were killed by the same man who took my father's life, a man who nearly turned me into his puppet of evil. As such, I nearly murdered my best friend, a fellow Jedi out of revenge for something he's supposedly done to me."

Silence.

Liana spoke again first.

"... I am sorry. I assumed incorrectly."

Kai sat down beside her.

"You didn't know."

Liana took another puff of the kasaa cigarette.

"This friend of yours, the one you almost killed... what did he do to you?"

I can't believe I'm telling this story.

"Nothing. My mind was twisted, I was with the Dark Side then. He had a woman, one he desired over all else. I grew to care for her and she for me. When the time came, she chose him over me. I blamed him for that. It drove us apart for some time."

"I see. I'm sorry."

Kai stubbed out his smoke.

"So am I. So am I."

"This Force you Jedi speak of; will you explain it to me? I've long been curious about it..."

Kai perked up an eyebrow. Perhaps she was looking for answers in all the wrong places. Regardless, Liana was touched by the Force, Kai had no doubt of that now. It might help her to understand a bit about it.

"Sure. We have time...."

And with that, he began to explain to her how it bound that galaxy together, a field of energy created by all living things....

Tag: All.

14. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003

Morchev watched a small hologram of the Senator.

Tara: Yagers deciphered the information we retrieved from that ship we found. It?s a complete read out of a military installation. So far we?ve located the armory and detention center.

Morchev: This isn?t good. Have you finished dropping the shipment?

Tara: He?s just about done.

Morchev: It?s getting dark. Stay put ?til you hear from me again.

15. Son-of-Shinobi

Feb 14, 2003
    Yager emerged from a small entrance. He surveyed his surroundings approaching the Senator.

Tag: Tara

16. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Tara looked up at Yager. "Morchev says to stay here until we get word from him again." She looked around. "Is there any places to sit?"

17. Son-of-Shinobi

Feb 14, 2003
    Yager motioned to some faded stones of fallen a structure.

Yager gazed at the young Senator still uncertain of her feelings.

Tag: Tara

18. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Tara sat. "When we're done here, you want to go explore? I heard there's some kind of garden here somewhere..."

tag:Shinobi

19. Son-of-Shinobi

Feb 14, 2003
    Yager stood up. Extending his hand to Tara. ?Sure. Let?s go.?

20. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Tara took Yager's hand and led him through the caves. They reached an opening, and stepped into a vast garden of some of the rarest flowers and plants in the galaxy. The air bustled with the sounds of nighttime animals. It was...romantic...
    "Wow." was all Tara could say.

21. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: ooh! mirax... [face_mischief]

22. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    OOC: hehehehehe!

23. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Ain't those two so cute? 8-} [face_blush]

IC:An hour or so later, Kai had finished detailing a basic lesson on the Force and the Jedi's subsequent history. Liana had listened with piqued interest and asked many a question, of which Kai had answered as best he could. His minor degree in Jedi philosophy and Republic history had helped provide the answers at times.

Liana sat back in the booth. Camden had returned from patrolling just before it had gotten dark and was now running through a few systems checks on the ship. From the cockpit, Kai heard his apprentice's psionic call.

Are you sure we can trust her? She's already tried to kill you once.

Kai grinned mentally.

I'm not sure, but I don't think she's got as much faith in the NR government as she thinks. I'd wager revenge was more of an agenda for her than politics.

Alright. Well, you're the boss, I'll trust you on this one.

Thanks Camden. As always, your opinion is the one I value most.

"Are you talking about me?!" Liana snapped, her headtails twitching.

Kai furrowed his brow.

She's stronger in the Force than I expected......

It was at that point that Kai made a decision that he might come to regret later.

"I can see there's no trying to hide that fact. Camden was merely checking on me."

"Your apprentice is a bit nervous, isn't he?"

Perhaps I am!

Liana shrieked as Camden's voice jumped into her head. Evidently, he was eavesdropping on the conversation. The Twi'lek promptly shut up.

Kai eyed the pathway to the cockpit with a sense of amusement. Camden was always one to defend himself.

"Liana. By now, you and I both realise that you're Force sensitive to some degree. No dobut you've tried to understand those abilities but have failed so far. It's because you lack the instruction to use them. What if I could offer that?"

"What do you mean, Halicon?"

"It's simple. You seek fulfillment; be it by revenge or some other means. It's why you've dedicated your life to hunting the man that killed you family. I'm giving you the chance to change that; to learn about the Force and yourself. To be better than you were."

"But you have an apprentice."

"Yes. One whom I trust with my life. Whilst I can't formally train you as I can him, I can offer you the chance to join my crew and perhaps gain some more knowledge on the Force. In exchange, you'll provide us with you defection from the NR and any information you have on their current strategies and plans."

"If I refuse?"

"Then Morchev and Senator Terannia will have the opportunity to question you and I'll then drop you off on the nearest neutral world to fend for yourself."

Liana squinted, her sulpherous eyes narrowing to golden slits, much like a feline's ocular musclues.

"Why do you offer this chance to me. I have given you no reason to."

Kai sighed.

"Because once, I was as you are now. Someone touched by the Force allowed me to see how it could change my life. I can see now that he was encouraging me to change and pass my skills on to others, as I'm doing now."

Liana stood up and shook her head.

"I accept you offer, Master Halicon, to join your crew, if you'll have me."

Kai placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I accept. Now, there's a spare sleeping cubicle down the corridor. Get some rest. We're going to turn in until the morning."

She nodded and made her way down the hall out the main hold. Kai went to the cockpit, where Camden was drinking coffee from a large mug. He'd laid one out for his master on the side platform of Kai's captain's chair.

Halicon sat down beside him and took the mug, sipping the warm liquid.

"Spit it out Cam. I know you want to."

The padawan frowned.

"I know you're trying to help her, but are you sure this is wise? I'm sure the Council would disapprove."

Kai replaced his drink on the console.

"We'll find out where Liana's loyalties lie soon enough Cam..... by the way, have you seen Kibo?"

Tag: Kibo.

24. Son-of-Shinobi

Feb 14, 2003
    Still holding her hand, Yager walked with the Senator.

25. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    A tall, attractive, human female stood before Esrca, her face impassive. But looks can be deciving.

"Ah, Gou'lak, it is perfect," Esrca hissed. "No one will see through this disguise! Do you understand your mission?"

The shape-shifter smiled. "I infiltrate the rebellion and trail their top leaders. I send a report once a day. When the opportunity arises, find our captured spy and kill her."

Esrca grinned. "Very good. You must find the Twi'lek and kill her before she divulges too much information."

"Yes, milady." The willowy figure bowed and retreated.

When the Shi'ido was gone, the Bothan granted herself a low, growling chuckle.

tag: all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.