main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends CorSec and the 40 thieves, Disney challenge completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Apr 14, 2017.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    CorSec and the 40 thieves for the Disney challenge
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Saga
    Characters: Nejaa Halcyon, Rostek Horn, my OC’s Steve Magaron, Leod Irwihan, Nas Aena, Pete and Eline Berling and more.
    Genre: challenge
    Summary: CorSec gets involved in a gang-war.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.
    My quote is:
    "Trouble? No way. You're only in trouble if you get caught." – Aladdin

CorSec and the 40 thieves

Chapter 1

‘Nice to see Nejaa today and that invitation for Valin’s birthday, I will have a few weeks to get something. The boy deserves this after his ordeal. My old student Rostek will be there too. Stellar, how he has risen through the ranks being a Major already. He will make director some day, about that I am sure,” CorSec inspector Steve Magaron was musing behind the controls of his airspeeder, parked high on a roof of a hotel in Treasureship Row when a blinking light and an activating com had him picking up that com. “Magaron.”

“Have a look at the Valka hotel. Their automatic vault-alert activated a moment ago.”

“Will head that way, Magaron out,” Steve responded and took the controls. It could be nothing like the nothings he had seen during the last weeks just waiting for one of the gang-wars erupting. CorSec-intel had been pointing to a war involving the Scoval-gang or ‘the 40-thieves’ as they were known among the scum of Corellia. They were led by Julie Scoval, a ruthless and cunning woman who had become their leader after murdering her cousin. And they had the habit of preying on small groups involved in robbery of vaults and other gangs going after big targets. Any member of any gang was welcomed to join, often after some persuasion or even torture and threat to eliminate when not complying. The 40 thieves were becoming a big nuisance. His senses told him that something was wrong. ‘Maybe I will need Nejaa and Rostek on this case. I like to catch some darrin vermin.’

- - -

Sirens were blaring in Coronet city. That was very common during the evening and night.
    ‘Not here. That is certain.’ Leod Irwihan – a Lingala senatorial guard by the look of his uniform – put his almost empty cup down and turned his head to the entrance of the tapcaf. He had headed to the familiar tapcaf after his friend Senator Harmon was secure at the estate of Garm Bel Iblis and had dismissed him. And that was after going with the senator to the memorial for his parents, killed in a public transport that got involved in a crash when they came to Corellia for his graduating ceremony. The owner of the tapcaf had known him since he was a student, welcomed him and presented him with the usual, a cup of caf and one of the nice Corellian pastries. A variety of beings were going in and out, most not concerned with the blaring sirens at all. But Leod had to act. He sensed that something was wrong, drew his blaster and hurried to the entrance. And displaying his weapon had him not worried at all. Treasure ship row was known to be a violent part of the city and beings carried blasters and other weapons.

A big blast and a transparisteel window rained down in pieces.

Leod was at the entrance, dove down and back inside, holding on to his blaster and saw smoke billowing from one of the rooms of the Valka hotel. And there was movement at the door. Beings – mostly humanoid but also an Ithorian and a Rodian – were hurrying out. He went outside, observing, senses alert.

“Trouble? No Way. You’re only in trouble if you get caught.” A black clad man came running out of the door of the hotel followed by another.

“Sure I don’t intend to get caught. Your trouble is that present from the 40 thieves going this and that way before exploding.”

‘CorSec will be here any minute,’ a fleeting thought went through Leod’s mind. He acted.

“So what, that thermal detonator wasn’t ours. We lost the 40 thieves gang and that’s what count,” the first man turned.

“Stop,” Leod pointed his blaster.

“No way,” the man reached in his pocket and threw a knife.

Leod gasped.

“Now we are in deep trouble.”

“We won’t get caught.”

Leod saw the two men running away and stumbled towards the hotel still holding on to his blaster.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and divapilot like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Another CorSec story from you, cool! I must read more fan knowledge about the Corellian sector.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes and here is the second short chapter

Chapter 2

“Central get a forensics team here and inspector Berling. And if Horn and Halcyon are available, get them too,” Steve Magaron had activated his com after heading inside the hotel and observing the destruction. One brief look was enough for him. He had helped the manager – still sedated – to a couch to sit next to a man with a small knife embedded in his uniform. The knife-wound was minor showing only a bloodied patch of uniform. He would take care of that after his contact with CorSec central. There was evidence that could lead to the 40-thieves gang. It had been a fire-fight between the 40 thieves-gang and some vermin, yet to be determined. The vermin had a go at the safety-deposit vault on the ground-floor behind the counter after knocking out the manager with a powerful anaesthetic. Bags with valuables were strewn on the floor and must have been abandoned when the 40-thieves-gang entered. The fire-fight had resulted in a big mess in the corridors leading to the back exit on the ground-floor. The manager had escaped death because he was behind a duracrete wall. But a ground-floor room near the back-exit was destroyed by a small thermal detonator being a known weapon of the 40 thieves. And that was why he needed the large team. Two innocent beings were lying in the rubble of their room. They had been sleeping when the thermal detonator was thrown. Putting away his com he turned to the man sitting on a couch next to the dazed manager.

- - -

With a bemused smile Eline Berling was sitting behind her desk in her office of the Coronet city university-hospital. Pete – a Corellian Jedi and her husband – was always courteous but now he was even humble. She surmised that it had to do with their visitor Jedi-master Nas Aena. He was the old language teacher of Pete when he was still a youngling in the Jedi-temple.

“Caf and a nice home-made pastry,” Pete Berling – a member of the CorSec intelligence, Jedi branch – was arranging the plates and cups in the small kitchen unit when something began to vibrate. He took the offending item from his belt.

“Initiate Berling was,” Nas Aena began.

“Duty calls,” Pete had seen the message and spurted away as fast as he could. “Steve needs me.”

tbc

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Even Jedi love home-made food... ;)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    they do but first some work

Chapter 3

“Now this and you will be ready to go to a hospital to get some stitches and stay away from the bacta,” Steve was busy with some tape. He had examined the injury after removing the knife, glad that a rib had prevented serious damage. And he had felt and heard more. The man was a Dunai elder.

“Uhh.”

A soft groan had Steve looking and continuing “you could have been killed. The knife missed your lung and heart by…”

“I had to act,” Leod Irwihan was holding a piece of gauze to his chest with his hands. It was already colouring. “I knew you were coming. You were bright in the force. Catching one of the two men would have been great for CorSec. And yes, I told you already, they didn’t want to get caught after that thermal detonator exploded. It wasn’t theirs and…”

“Uhhnn”

A louder groan had Steve and Leod looking towards the manager who was gliding from the couch.

“Give me the tape,” Leod reached with his right hand to Steve.

Steve gave it to him and placed his hands on the shoulders of the manager to steady him. “Easy, you will be alright.”

The manager blinked a few times with his eyes, took a couple of deep breaths and shook his head. “What happened?”

“You were knocked out.” Steve decided to give more details. “Some thieves got a go at your safety-deposit vault and were interrupted by another gang resulting in a fight and a thermal detonator destroying one of the ground-floor rooms near the back-exit. A man and a woman were killed and…”

“Their baby,” the manager got tears in his eyes “his parents dead.” He paused to take the gauze offered by Steve and wiped the tears from his face. “Only one room was occupied on this floor. The Harlin family was in that room. I gave them that room after their son Keren was born premature. They showed me his picture of his birth in the Coronet University hospital.”

“And that’s where I was when I got your call Steve.” Pete Berling – Jedi-senses alert – was the first to arrive. “You have things under control I see. With Nejaa and Rostek and the team coming I can take care of him. The child and his well-being are now the first priority. I will go back and” he took another piece of tape and made sure that the gauze – already bloodied – was secure “you need some stitches. I will take you to the hospital.” He took Leod by his right arm and helped him to stand.

“Two cases for us,” Steve said. “I will keep them busy.” He saw the bulky man – lugging a big case – followed by a petite woman and a very tall man with a holocam arriving. They were the forensic team. Steve had worked often with them.

“It’s always messy with you at a crime-scene,” Reid Bernoski put his case down. “Our mentor has told stories…”

I know,” Walt Emery had a smile on his face when he took a couple of sample-bags from the case “Jack Wells and his bugs and that case where Rostek earned his pips and…”

“That’s old ale Walt,” Rostek Horn came in with Nejaa Halcyon “and I don’t think that Steve will be reminded of his narrow escape from the bacta.”

“Let them Rostek,” Steve grinned. “Nejaa and Jono saved me and now we have this with – if I am right – some clues to go after the 40 thieves. Let’s go find them.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The story with the killed parents gets to me a lot. :_|

You really thrive with this challenge.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Another short chapter

Chapter 4
    Jedi master Nas Aena opened the door before Pete with Leod – now sitting in a wheelchair and pale face showing pain – was near the office of his wife. “Some trouble I see and back early. Steve didn’t need you?”

“Something more important came up,” Pete guided Leod in through the automatic door. “He tried to stop some escaping mayhem and needs some stitches. That mayhem meeting the 40-thieves mayhem caused the loss of the parents of a baby-boy staying here in this hospital. His name is Keren Harlin.”

“I like to see that baby,” Nas Aena had a thoughtful look on his face “but first let us take care of you.” He had seen Leod’s face. “Eline sure knows someone who can help.” He stood up and put his hands on Leod’s shoulders.

Leod relaxed immediately and gave a wink with his left eye to Pete before focussing his attention on Nas Aena. “You are a different force-user. He tried something during the transport.”

“And I felt only your shields,” Pete shrugged with his shoulders. “But Nas Aena here has been my sneaky teacher and knows ways…”

“I like what he is doing,” Leod smiled “and now I can endure the stitches-guy.” He had seen Eline getting a tray with equipment from one of her lockers and saw the door opening.

“The stitches-expert Erik Weasa at your service,” the man in blue scrubs entered and nodded to Leod. “You have some work for me. And your Jedi-friend has been busy with painkillers I see.” He gave a knowing look towards the Jedi-master and Pete and started to remove the tape.

- - -

“This is better than your brew Nejaa,” Steve savoured the cup of strong caf given to him by the manager. He knew now all about the entry of the two thieves. They had posed as new guests and had waited for the manager to turn to his computer to spray him with a powerful anaesthetic. A visit to O-Hana’s spicy nerfburger – something he had planned to do during his Hawkbat-shift – was now entirely forgotten because with the caf a juicy nerf-sandwich had arrived.

“And that’s better than your sandwich,” Reid Bernoski was finishing his sandwich and made a face.

“Sure,” Walt Emery added. “Magaron-sandwiches are bitter-herb pieces of mayhem. And by the way I have identified the two thieves.” He had been watching the security-cam of the hotel and had now on his laptop a file from CorSec-central showing two men. “Meet Basha Eruso and Silvio Molo.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Drama and happy moments change so quickly within your stories. That always wants me to read more, even though I know I should not. :p

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Another short chapter ending with a question

Chapter 5
    A nurse was giving the last piece of tape to Erik Weasa when he heard some footsteps.

Eline was the first to return to her office. She saw the relaxed look on Leod’s face. “He had to use some painkillers I presume.”

“I did and now you are good to go,” Erik secured the bandage. “Take it easy for the next few days. Your doctor can take care of the stitches and” he saw Peter and Nas Aena entering “CorSec will have to arrange some transport for you.”

“I will take you back to your hotel,” Pete said.

Leod looked up and was drawn to Nas Aena. “You had something else on your mind the moment you left.”

“Yes, I had to follow a strong force signature,” Nas Aena stated. “The Harlin baby can become a Jedi. Pete has arranged a care-unit for him and I will take him to the Jedi temple on Coruscant.”

“Already everything arranged,” Leod was baffled by the fast proceeding and remarked “but what about relatives?”

“He is an orphan with no relatives left,” Nas Aena turned to Pete. “I have to go now to catch my transport. My pilot is waiting. We will talk later.” And with a nod to Eline, Erik, the nurse and Leod he left in a hurry.

“The baby is his top-priority,” Pete said. “I had contact with inspector Magaron and he confirmed it sending me some pics of the identi-cards of the parents. They have come from Irellion are doctors and were travelling to Moniron. The early arrival of the baby had them diverting to Corellia because they knew about the excellent university hospital. They have met our famous Corellian Jedi-healer Glinis Ra-Ond before.”

“Perhaps they are Dunai elder like me,” Leod had a thoughtful look on his face. “Pete, I like to go back to the Valka hotel. Maybe there is something saved of their belongings.”

“Doctors orders are to take you to your hotel but,” Peter took his comlink and activated it “a detour is possible and…”

“Alright with me,” Erik helped Leod to stand up and gave him a hospital-shirt.

Leod was helped to dress when Pete made contact.

‘Magaron.’

“Steve, you still there,” Pete replied. “Stay there. I will come back with Leod Irwihan to search in that room. Berling out.”

- - -

“I have to wait here and,” Steve put his comlink back on his belt with a smile turning to Rostek and Nejaa “you will be able to pursue the thieves.”

“And with all the nice leads we will catch them soon,” Nejaa showed a moving dot on the screen of his comlink. “They took the wrong stuff.”

“For them and not for us,” Reid Bernoski began to stuff his bag with evidence-satchels.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Another short chapter ending with a question

Which question?

* looks and looks and looks

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    About the wrong stuff and that's explained here in the next chapter

Chapter 6

“Not that book,” Steve was with Reid Bernoski and Walt Emery in the destroyed room when he heard some noise in the corridor. He reached with a gloved hand towards the book. It was the only thing in the room that was not covered in gore and more or less undamaged. Clothes were torn and a cheap suitcase was in tatters and had revealed that book.

“But there is some residue from the thermal detonator on that book,” Walt had used a wipe on the book, showing now a luminescent blue colour when he moved his flashlight over it. “We will need it as evidence when Halcyon and Horn catch some thieves.” He had a satchel ready.

“I have here more things with residue,” Reid showed his bag with the satchels. “The coroner has more evidence on the bodies. That will have to do. Let Steve have that book. It may be important for the orphan boy.”

“That boy is now going to Coruscant with a Jedi knight,” Leod stood with Pete in the doorway of the room and observed the rubble and gore. “Can I see the book?”

“If it is alright with you,” Walt started towards the door.

“It is,” Steve said. “We have enough evidence.”

Walt gave Leod the book.

Very carefully Leod started to leaf through the book with Pete looking on. “This is old and written in the Dunai elder language. My mother or father always told me stories when they brought me to bed.”

“Keep it safe Leod,” Pete had a distant look on his face. “We don’t need it. And there is nothing else for us. Come, I will bring you to your hotel.”

“I will,” Leod put the book in an offered satchel and joined Pete at the exit. He turned with a slight smile on his face. “Your colleagues need you to ask some thieves why they had to use that piece of darrin mayhem.”

“Yeah, you can sense that and I do as well,” Pete said. “I have to help Halcyon and Horn. They are securing some thieves.”

“40 and more,” Steve said. “We will be busy. I will return to headquarters. Reid, follow us when ready.”

- - -

“Trouble? No Way. You’re only in trouble if you get caught.” Nejaa Halcyon smiled when he fastened the flexicuffs securing Basha Eruso’s arms.

“I said that,” Basha had a confused look on his face. He had that look when the green clad man told him to put his hands behind his back.

“Hey,” Silvio tried to kick Basha and Nejaa. “Don’t give that piece of bantha poodoo evidence.”

“That piece of bantha poodoo is Jedi-knight Nejaa Halcyon,” Rostek pushed Silvio out of the way. He had gone after Silvio as soon as he saw Nejaa using his powers to keep Basha standing where he stood and that was before an opened safe. ‘Again’ had been Rostek’s first thought. And the CorSec agents following them had stumbled upon the following thieves, making that an easy catch as well.

“A mind vampire,” Sivio grumbled.

“Jedi-scum,” Julie Scoval growled. She was the last one of her gang being guided towards a transport by an armoured CorSec agent.

“And you made it easy for us to follow you towards your next to be emptied safe.” Rostek moved his comlink up and down the clothes of Silvio until a slight beep had him searching a pocket. “You took this.” He dangled it before Silvio’s eyes. “And we are very grateful. Thanks to your greed and theirs for this very big prey we could catch 42 thieves.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jedi seen as mind vampires. Interesting accusation here!

13. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    CorSec fanfiction and thus more information about the Corellian sector. I love it.

By the way did you use the Star Wars: Edge of Empire, Suns of Fortunes book as a source?

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No, I didn't use that book but all I could find on Wookiipedia

This is the final chapter

Chapter 7
    “You are good to go?” Senator Harmon observed the pale complexion of his pilot.

“I am,” Leod stirred his cup with caf and added more blue milk. Only one hour ago he had been brought by Pete Berling to the estate of Garm Bel Iblis where the senatorial yacht was berthed. Pete had taken him to CorSec headquarters to testify. He had identified Basha Eruso and Silvio Molo immediately. And that visit to CorSec was after the remaining hours of the night sleepless in his hotel-bed and a very small breakfast and lots of caf. “This caf will keep me on my feet. And it’s only a small injury.”

“You were patched up by one of the best,” Garm Bel Iblis said. He had heard all about the gangs from Pete Berling. “Take it easy Leod.” And turning to Senator Harmon “make sure he does.”

“I will,” Senator Harmon headed with Garm to the suitcases and satchels. “I like to have my hands at the controls of my yacht.”

“I will take this one,” Leod finished his caf in a hurry and grabbed a small satchel. “It isn’t heavy and only contains a book and my toothbrush.”

Garm Bel Iblis asked “you bought a real book?”

“No I got it from,” Leod paused and continued “uh I have to keep it safe.”

“Let’s go,” Senator Harmon had his hands full and headed to his yacht. He knew Leod well enough. The pilot must have his reasons to reveal not too much about what he had experienced.

Leod and Garm followed.

And the senator strapped Leod in one of the passenger-seats before saying goodbye to Garm Bel Iblis.

- - -

“We were able to finally get the 40-thieves gang behind bars,” Rostek Horn got a cup of caf.

“And no further lives lost. We were lucky.”

Steve Magaron approached the two talking near the caf-machine and the sink. He had taken one sip from another bland tasting brew made by the same culprit who was now talking to his partner. “Yes Nejaa we were lucky,” Steve poured his steaming caf into the sink. “But you ain’t that lucky. Next time you fill the caf-machine with that bland tasting mayhem you call caf-beans you will have a rebellion on your hands.”

“A rebellion you state,” Nejaa Halcyon shook his head and started to reach for the beans in the cupboard. “You don’t like my caf?”

“No and he neither,” Steve saw captain Jono Bel Hana coming in. He produced from another shelf a new pack of beans. “Try these and you will be convinced. Or…” and he saw a smile appearing on the faces of Rostek and Jono and continued “I can tell you about the revolution started by me when I was serving at Haradan police station 2 on Moniron.”

“I only recall that you were fired after some mishap.”

“Yes Nejaa,” Steve grinned. “I was fired in a sense after wrecking a building and gained my freedom to leave Moniron and start my exploration of the galaxy stopped short when I stumbled on this planet and CorSec eager to enlist me in their ranks. But before leaving Moniron I had all the officers in Haradan demanding a nice cup of caf. You know; caf will get you through the shift.”

“And you are spoiling our taste with those beans,” Jono Bel Hana grabbed the sack preferred by Nejaa and dropped them in the incinerator. “And he doesn’t like them at all.”

Pete Berling came in and made a face. “Halcyon caf, eech that’s old used hyperdrive fuel.”

“They are gone,” Nejaa mused.

“Gone forever and a martyr on the way to a nice cup of caf,” Rostek Horn pushed the start-button on the incinerator and poured his caf in the sink.

A bland smell of burning beans wafted from the incinerator meeting Nejaa’s nose first.

“They were nice beans,” Nejaa watched Jono and Steve busy with the new pack of beans. “And I have to taste that before I will like it.”

“Use the Force Nejaa when you take your caf and do what Master Yoda taught you,” Rostek cleaned his cup in the sink. “Do or don’t. There is no try.”

“That’s some weird speech,” Steve grinned. “I have heard more Yoda stories from you. Was that green guy always talking like that?”

“Master Yoda for us all,” Nejaa started to laugh. “Master Yoda was already a veteran when you were born. And yes he always did unless something serious happened. I was once – being an innocent five year old youngling – getting into trouble in the garden of a thousand fountains when he tip-tapped to our tree. ‘Initiate Halcyon follow me’ were his words and I did.”

“You had to eat the famous stew,” Rostek grinned.

“Yuck,” Nejaa made a face.

“This is nice,” Steve – blinking with his eyes – had made a new cup of caf and was sipping from it.

“Finish it and go home,” Rostek took a cup. “You are sleeping on your feet.”

“Yeah the hawkbats are already sleeping,” Steve grinned. “And this sleepy guy will do the same after a very successful night.” He finished his caf and headed to the door. "42 thieves caught, that's nice for one Hawkbat-shift."

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The 42 thieves are caught. Hurrah to that! [face_party]

And Garm Bel Iblis was in your update. Always liked that guy. An underestimated SW character. Is he canon still? I hope so.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I don't think so but I am now writing Legends because all my characters have been involved with EU characters.
    And thank you for the support and kind replies for this story

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Och, it already ends? :(

But hurrah to your new writing idea. Please keep me up to date!

18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I liked their teamwork and the tie-in to Aladdin and the 40 thieves, good job!:)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice adventure/action and terrific banter among friends/coworkers.

earlybird-obi-wan and pronker like this.