main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CORUSCANT? (Final Title): Audio Parody (95% Complete)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Elan-Rai, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    The script is finished and ready for participation! :D

This will be a parody of a scene from TPM involving the rescue of Queen Amidala from Naboo near the beginning of the movie.

<h3>Characters Pinned:</h3><hr>
    George Lucas: doggans
    Qui-Gon Jinn: Hama-Ryu Kinnebi
    Obi-Wan Kennobi: user not on TFN
    Sio Bibble: penzargrat
    Padme Amidala: Bellyup
    Naboo Pilot: AdamBertocci
    Battle Droid: Yours truly

<h3>Characters Needed:</h3><hr>

All characters have been chosen.

This will be a fun, short parody of the scene where Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Padme, Captain Panaka, etc. are escaping from Naboo in Queen Amidala's ship. It will roughly have a run-time of approximately 4-5 minutes. More details and a website will emerge once lines are recorded.

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Very cool! I'll have a droid / pilot audition ready tonight (hopefully)... don't give any parts away till then. :p It'd be fun to act with some of my TFN pals and with Elizabeth Ascot again. :)

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    PMs are currently highly tempermental, so I'm just posting this bad boy here.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Adam, the Naboo Pilot is yours. I am still tinkering with the droid. If you can make it sound more "metallic", that'd be cool.

5. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    That's about all I got acting-wise for droidness... and I don't have any neat sound filters or anything to make me sound robotic. :(

Well, hey, whatever... whenever you want me to do lines, you can contact me via the thread, by PM or by the e-mail link in my profile.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    That's okay, Adam. I have tons of sound filters and effects to apply if need be. The Naboo pilot works for sure. I'll edit you in the top as a pinned character.

I will send you the lines soon. Email or PM?

7. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    E-mail, please.

Depending on how many there are, and if I develop a social life, I'll try to get them back to ya Friday night.

CERTAINLY Saturday.

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Adam, even in your submissions to me there's a loud hum in your recordings. Is your mic really close to your computer? It's almost as though the sound is a little hollow too.

What kind of mic/setup do you have? I might be able to help clean it up for you. Let me know what kind of sound card you use too and what your mic settings are.

Keith

9. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Microphone: some cheap USB mic, it's a Labtec of some kind... put as far from the computer as the wire goes.
    Sound card: no idea, whatever came with the computer
    Mic settings: it only has on/off. I leave the gain settings in Final Cut Pro, when I record, at the default (100).

I then attempt to stifle the hum a bit in FCP before sending.

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Microphone: Try getting a headset. Those will work better than those USB mics or you can get a stereo microphone and use an external amp to boost the gain. Either way, go into the sound card. Not the USB.

You probably have AC97 sound. Not bad...but you should probably also update your drivers for it if you haven't.

Mic settings: I was more referring to what you have in your Mixing Settings for recording levels. :) If it's 100, that's probably too loud.

Definitely spend a few bucks more on a different mic. I think that should fix most of the problems, granted it could create new ones...but either way mics are meant to go into the sound card not the usb.

Keith

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    <h3>Update:</h3>Lines that are finished or are within a day or so of being finished:

Obi-Wan Kennobi: user not on TFN
    Sio Bibble: penzargrat
    Padme Amidala: Bellyup
    Naboo Pilot: AdamBertocci

Also, the title of this audio parody will most likely be changed within a few days. I'd originally thought that EFN was catchy, but the new title will be much more appropriate and fitting. ;)

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    <h3>Latest:</h3>

Alright! Looks like doggans has come through on the George Lucas part. All that is left to be recorded is one line for Captain Panaka. Any takers?

13. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I'll do it, I've toldyou which audio dramas i've doen voice for, if you want to ehar example of what I sound like.

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Will do. I have sent you the line via email.

Just shoot it to me in an email when you are done. If you can, save it in the highest quality MP3 you can (16-bit/44.1khz) or WAV file.

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    <h3>UPDATE:</h3><hr>All parts but Panaka (and his is only one line) have been recorded and are now being assembled into the final production. Post shouldn't last more than a week or two, so we should have a downloadable sound clip real soon. ;)

ETA: Audio (80% Complete)
    ETA: Website (95% Complete)

16. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi, sorry I've not got that line to you, I'll have it to you soon

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Good deal. Received your lines this morning. I'll get that into the mix as soon as I can. Thanks!

18. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Glad to be of help.

19. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Can't wait! :)

I'm sure the rest of the audio will be much funnier than my line was. :p

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    <h3>UPDATE:</h3><hr>I'd like to thank DarkLordofSmith for recording Panaka's line, but I took a different approach instead. Thanks again for your time.

Audio has been fully recorded and now finished. Post production is all but finished minus credits at the end. The website should be finished in the next day or so.

ETA: Audio (95% Complete)
    ETA: Website (95% Complete)

21. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    So when do expect to have it for download?
    Keith

22. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I hate to give definite deadlines (shame on me.. lol), but I am thinking that the teaser should be ready this weekend. The production should debut a day or so afterwards.

** keeps fingers crossed **

Shouldn't take me long to nail the cast/credits at the end. :)

23. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Looking forward to it. The script was hilarious!

24. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    As my first post in the fan audios forum, I'd like to offer some help. To make your voice sound more metallic, use a vocoder. Find a metallic, repeating sound and the vocoder will modify your voice with it. You can see what I mean and get a good one for free with this one from Analogx. Hope that helped, and I hope I didn't insult your intelligence, if you know what a vocoder is already.

~Neszis~

25. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Can't wait for this to come out! I've heard snippets of the final product and it's about the funniest thing I've ever seen! I mean, heard!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.