main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coruscant: How do you think it looks so far?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by masterluke, Jul 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Me oh my. I'm am definately lovin' what I'm seeing with Coruscant and the Episode 1 enviornment! Maul Strikes will definately help deal with the Jedi Council, then throw in a few Drodekas for fun and see what happens. Here's to the first of August!

Spud

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    New cards are up-

Lightside gets the two Radiant VII pilots "Captain Madakor" and "Lieutenant Williams" who seem to really beef up the Radiant when it's alone.

Darkside gets another interrupt-grabber called "Allegations of Corruption" and Rune Haako, who is gonna be GREAT, he definately going into my decks..

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/07/img/coruscant_coruscant_bg.jpg

Found a hidden card image up on starwars.com::)

4. bongles

bongles Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Hidden? The story is right here:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/07/news20010716.html

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    hehe, well, I guess I meant hidden as in it wasn't up on Decipher's site::)

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New cards up:

Lightside-

Naboo Defense Fighter
    Queen's Royal Starship (hyperspeed 7, wow)

Darkside-

Droid Starfighter (my guess is that icon means trade federation?)

Maul's Sith Infiltrator (destiny 6! it can cloak! immune to attritio if maul piloting, sweet!)

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    A couple more ships posted. The Radiant VII, a Republic Cruiser, a Trade Federation Battleship and a Droid Control Ship. They're all pretty good.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New cards up, all dark side-

Doultray Dofine, Neimoidian Advisor, Neimoidian Pilot and The Phantom Menace (which is awesome, gives Maul immunity to attrition and defesne value + 2 and TPM is a 7-destiny card as well.)

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Grrr, I don't like the idea of Palpatine being a Light Side character, nor do I like the fact that he isn't a persona of the Emperor, so both can be on table at the same time.

10. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    How do you know he's not a persona of The Emperor?

Question:
    This is from the combos given for Ki-Adi-Mundi:
    Jedi Council Chamber + Yoda, Senior Council Member + Ki-Adi-Mundi: Get your Ki-Adi to any place where your opponent is going to initiate battle on his or her next turn to offer some protection and a little loss form opponent's deck.

Why would you do this? Mundi is only deploy +3 to anywhere other than the jedi council chamber and using Yoda to relocate him costs 4 force and you must occupy that site already. Why not just deploy him where you want and save 1 force?

11. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Well what happens if a situation develops 3 turns after you're already deployed Ki to the Chamber?

IMO, the Trade Federation decks are going to be machines. Daultay, Rune, and Nute all have awesome abilities and the first two will be great in any DS deck; and The Phantom Menace + Darth Maul = WOW

And don't forget to dust off those Coruscant Celebrations my fellow sentients ;)

12. Belegur

Belegur Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    This far I think the set looks awesome. However, as with Tatooine, I am a bit concerned about the power-level. The way Deciher is going on, more and more old cards will fade, as the new ones are far more powerful. In Tatooine, the "helper" effects balanced this to a certain degree, but Coruscant looks dangerous. What I really like, is the "weakness" of the Jedi Masters outside the Council Chamber.

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, unfortunately with the way Decipher has been catching a lot of flak from newer players over the last year or two, it wouldn't surprise me to see the focus on older cards fade. But I think that the old school sets will always be felt one way or another.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Decipher just posted the Coruscant card list. It looks pretty cool, with a few combo cards of Interrupts/Effects from previous sets.

15. Belegur

Belegur Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    VERY cool indeed. In fact, I am very thrilled by this set, though I have some concerns as I said above.

It looks to be far cooler than Tatooine at least. Tatooine was a disappointment, IMHO.

16. Dark_Eagle

Dark_Eagle Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
    Hey cool new cards up Phylo Gandish rocks!

Who do you think after seing the cards so far will have the upper hand in ep I only play?

17. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, if the Trade Federation works like it looks, the LS is gonna be taking a step back in time to the pre-Hoth days when DS ruled. But to make a real prediction, I'd have to see how this politics game mechnic works in actual gameplay.

18. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    So. any comments concerning the San Diego Comic Con spoilers I posted last night?

19. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Sweet!

I'm looking forward to adding Tuskens in my dark deck to snipe away at Anakin's Pod.

The combo cards sound extremely useful. Almost no point in using some of the old effects with these new ones around.

Marketplace will be ... interesting.

20. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    I don't like the way the Council members are made, but at least they came out with Are You Brain Dead?! Laser Cannon Battery looks nice. And I can't wait to use Maul with The Phantom Menace.

21. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    DJ, you changed your icon AGAIN???

I am liking more and more of what I see in Coruscant. I like the whole politics thing and it will be nice to have an uncommon Jedi.

I don't mind the release date being pushed back. i've spent a heap of $$$ on cards lately and another week off will be nice.
    ;)

22. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Oh, man, I was thrilled to hear the release date got pushed back. Now Coruscant won't be tournament legal when I go to Tulsa for the Top Deck Decipher Open on August 11!
    ;)

23. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    BPJ - There's so many good icons I just can't decide!

New cards are up!

They are TC-14, Ric Olie, Gungan Warrior, and Keder the Black. Todays cards are EXCELLENT! Can't wait to use Olie aboard the Queen's Starship, and Keder the Black is great too.

24. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    DJ- I know what you mean. I've been thinking of creating a sock so i can cycle through icons.

Anywho, Ric Olie's stats looks great. I'm definately going to use him in space

Did anyone catch the full coruscant spoiler thread on the everything else board yesterday? It's got the whole dang list.

25. Belegur

Belegur Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    Ric Olié is STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!!

Adds FOUR to power of the Queen's starship?????????? I DEMAND they make a WEdge that adds four to EVERYTHING to preserve a semblance of "realism" here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.