main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coruscant: How do you think it looks so far?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by masterluke, Jul 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Hunt Down is back, baby! There's a new Effect that lets Maul duel without placing Hunt Down out of play. Meesa like mui mui!

2. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Belegur:

Suffering from Olie Envy, are we?
    ;)

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Gee, Wedge can draw destiny when piloting anything, Olie can't even do that on the Queen's Ship (and "may draw destiny if not able to otherwise" is standard operating procedure for most matching pilots) AND cancel the opponent's when in battle with one of his 14+ Red or Rogue Squadron buddies. So tell me how Olie eclipses our good friend Wedge in gameplay again.. ;)

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    84 knows his Wedge.

5. Dark_Eagle

Dark_Eagle Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
    Wedge will never be replaced but Olie and wedge on there ships at the same system could give the bounty hunters much trouble. Especialy if you had one of the red squardron guys there. Tey How is just tooo good. Put him on a battle ship at the death star man that's just scary against hidden bace.

6. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I am finding hard to find things I don't like about this set (NOT THAT I AM TRYING, MIND YOU ;) )

I like all the new cards and mechanics.

Maul + toys are excellent!!!!

Objectives are cool.

I like the idea of a grabber effect that starts.

Me one happy Hutt!

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Spoilers from RFD:

LIGHT SIDE
    **All Wings Report In & Darklighter Spin
    Used or Lost Interrupt-Dest.5
    USED: Take one unique unpiloted starfighter into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. LOST: During a battle at a system or sector, if you are about to draw a card for battle destiny you may instead use the maneuver number of one of your starfighters in that battle.

DARK SIDE
    **Short Range Fighters & Watch Your Back
    Used or Lost Interrupt-Dest.5
    USED: Take one unique unpiloted starfighter into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. LOST: During a battle at a system or sector, if you are about to draw a card for battle destiny you may instead use the maneuver number of one of your unique starfighters in that battle.

8. Belegur

Belegur Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    I never said he was better. What I mean is this: the amount of power a pilot adds will always be the chief "simple indicator" of his piloting abilities, or at least it will always easily be taken as such.

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Okay, I see. Personally I don't think that that is a good idea since there is more to piloting a starship that just "power". I look at power added, maneuver added, and if that pilot can draw destiny as a good indicator of a pilot's pilotng ability. In that regard alone Olie is inferior to any of the Wedge's.

And on a related note, I think that both of the combo cards revealed on RFD Friday are very nice--they even changed the gametext of AWRI. It's non-unique starfighter on the SE version of the card. What do you guys think of there being new combo cards in Coruscant. The one I'm looking forward to the most right now is Imperial Arrest Order/Secret Plans. That combo will see a lot of gameplay.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    While I'll still be using the original AWRI for my EBO deck, the combo AWRI would be great with Squadron Assignments- pull the unique starfighter, then use SA to reveal it and grab the matching pilot.

New cards up also- the new Tatooine, another senator, the combo You Cannot HIde Forever/Mobilization Points, and Note Now! which lets you draw cards into your hand during your control phase if you have more politics than the opponent (you draw the difference) and can draw a destiny greater than 2.

11. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Coruscant is mucho cool. You can get a good spoiler list at moisture farm

There have been some "complete" spoilers posted on the everything else BBS (goes searching for link) :p

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    4 new darkside cards posted- two Destroyer Droids (P-59 & P-60), Naboo: Battle Plains & Security Battle Droid.

The destroyers are awesome, P-59 is a leader and has immunity to attrition, P-60 gets a higher armor.

13. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Decipher has done a great job with the Droidakas.

For anyone loomking for a full coruscant spoiler, CGO aloready has the data files on their card game organizer.

Otherwise, if you e-mail me at bigpoppajabba@hotmail.com I will send you a list.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    As Red 84 said, adding power is not the only measure of pilots. Sure, Ric is good, but Wedge is just as good if he's matched up with one of his Rogue Squadron buddies.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    All the Coruscant cards are posted on Decipher's site? Very cool. Anyone notice that AI Mace has 1 less forfeit then the regular version?

16. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Yes, Decipher caught the error before it went to print so don't worry, it will be correct on the actual card.

I am very happy that Decipher is finally going back and helping out the actual weapon cards--this was long overdue. The only thing missing now is an Interrupt or Effect like Squadron Assignments/Combat Response that lets a player deploy a character's matching weapon onto that character from the
    Reserve Deck. This would even be a cool function on an Admiral's Order.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Imperial/Rebel Artillery look pretty sweet. I'd say they're among the most useful 7-destiny cards in the game.

And let's not forget the awesome power of The Phantom Menace. It makes Maul seem like the biggest, baddest threat out there, yet, when you kill him, you discover that the true menace is hiding away somewhere. Decipher did a great job with this card.

18. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Well I know a card that should see some more action, definitly by me, is Yoda's Gimer Stick. To make your Jedi Masters immune to attrition not just at the Jedi Council Chamber.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    *sniff* These were the good old days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.