main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coruscant Restored? (SBS/DJ Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Coruscant. Seat of galactic government for millennia, a planet city housing billions even trilions of inhabitants.

Coruscant. A great place if you're rich. A dark, dingy, crap pit if you are not and you live on the lower levels.

Face it, Coruscant's beaty is decidely surface only, it is not that pleasant a place.

The Vong are known to have restored the foul, polluted to death planet of Duro. Why should they not do the same to Coruscant.

Is it not possible the Republic could use Vong tech to alter the Vong's handiwork and make Coruscant a aradise more like Alderaan, following the Vong's inevitable defeat?

The Vong might in end prove a benefit to Coruscant, enabling the planet to reborn out of its tragedy.

Jedi Ben

2. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    coruscant is not completely taken over. trillions of people are fighting back. and the defence forces have become underground guerilla armies. the vong have very little chance of getting the ENTIRE planet....

My very stupid prediction- Pellaeon's fleet hypers into the Coruscant system and heads for the planet. The fleet consists of a Death Star and 3 Eclispe-class Super Star Destroyers. The command ship, the Chimeara(sp?), is a hugely modified and expanded Imp1. Its new size rivals that of the Executor-class SSD's and has enough firepower to take out six fully armed vong heavy cruisers at once...

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    One question Elite Guard:

Given the general stupidity of the recently deceased NR, military and politically, what makes you think the defense forces would be so smart as to declare guerilla warfare? Given the morality of the NR arme forces they would see guerilla warfare as being unethical and murderous.

Yes, they should do so, it makes sense bt sense has not played a major role in NJO yet.

Jedi Ben

4. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    note that the defence people in the ground based cannons were going underground. The upper ranks of the NR may be weak fools but the grunts are always teh same no matter who is in charge...

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Maybe, but this NJO: The land of Terminal Stupidity.

;)

Jedi Ben

6. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I doubt Coruscant stands little chance of being reclaimed by whatever is left of the peoples. Trillion is such a big number, considering that most (if not all) rich people got out of there ASAP.

Now if an organized fleet showed up, that would be a different story. BTW, isn't Pellaeon and the Imp Remnant boxed in by the Vong invasion route?

DARK JOURNEY SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

During Dark Journey they mentioned dovin basal pickets surrounding Vong claimed space that interdicted ships and fed info to Vong ships. I got the idea that they had a lot of these.

End spoiler.

7. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Most of the trillion people on Coruscant are probaly poor or middle class actually.'

There's probaly a good few billion left.

That means nothing if the Vong decide to just bombard the planet.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    DJ Spoiler:

The Vong were systematically slagging the skyscrapers, so that could entomb millions easily.

The Q I've asked is what happens after the destruction? Could the Vong reshape Coruscant in a way that actually benefits the planet?

Jedi Ben

9. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Well that sucks.

I still don't think Lucas will let them touch that particular creation. Not so bad as it can't be repaired.

Remember the damage Palpatine did to Coruscant.

10. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    I would say that your hypothesis is a pretty good bet. It would be interesting to read, but I don't like the idea of a galactic-wide historically famous capital being reduced to an Alderaan paradise world. Think of all that information and history that'll be gone if the Vong maintain their occupation.

11. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Yes.

It would be as if someone destroyed The Great Pyramids or the ruins of old roman structures.

Makes the historian in you wanna have a heart attack.

12. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I had never considered this... that's a sn interesting idea.. if they remade it into Alderaan or similar....

¤Night

13. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I wouldn't worry about the lower levels. If the Vong wanted to, I'm sure they could release some life destroying plague which would sterilise the entire planet.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The infamous structure that was the Emperor's Palace that housed the NT senate is already gone. That was a structure generations knew.

Chewbacca is dead as is Anakin Solo. The whole point of NJO is to bring in big, radical change: Ithor was another example.

Either the Vong will transform the planet, they did Belkaden in under two months remember, forever rendering it alien OR the NR masters biotech and uses it to reverse the YV action, but in doing so decides the planetary city that was Corscant is better off gone, thus Coruscant is reborn as a very different world.

Jedi Ben

15. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    I imagine that the Yuuzhan Vong will remake Coruscant to their specifications. In Balance Point it mentions that the Yuuzhan Vong had created certain creatures to break-down the buildings that covered Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta. If they can remake those technology-covered worlds so easily I doubt that Coruscant will present any challenge.

16. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    First they will destroy the skyscrapers and the entire Imperial City area and then the Yuuzhan Vong will annilate the entire planet starting with the most heavily populated areas after that they will transform the planet, as for the lower levels they have million sof slave soldiers and shamed ones that will die pacifying those areas for them.

I remember reading that Jacen and Vergere get trapped together on Coruscant fighting for their lives in the destroyed ruins of this great city in Rebel Dream.

17. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    The loss of Nar Shaddaa is greater to me than anything in the NJO so far :(

18. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Doubt it.

Remember, SbS offered some hope. We saw that everything was to blame on the politicians. Ba'Tras, the Palace General, etc. The military was held back, like Vietnam. I bet the remaining Coruscant population will fight back. I'd hate to see Coruscant destroyed. My favorite planet. And its not like Coruscant is polluted or anything, like Duros. It was climate controlled, and the skyscrapers supported themselves, so there's no water, air, or ground pollution.

Plus, it will take a long, long time to slag away all that's artificial on Coruscant. If the authors were going to destroy Coruscant, they would've done it in SbS.

BTW, there are more cities on Coruscant than Imperial City. Eastport, Westport, Newport, Surtset, etc.

19. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    I think the majority of the resistence would be concentrated/commanded from the are formerly known as INVISEC ¥the alien populated area during Palp's reign¤

I agree with the above statements that it would take years to destroy all the buildings on Coruscant©©©as we have observed there are many new technologies coming into place that will make the war at least last longer for the NR©©©

My personal recommendation would be for the NR to quickly hyper in, drop thousands of YVH-1's on the planet and let them slaughter the vong©©©

20. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I at one time thought it would be a good idea for the Vong to take Courscant. This was because I figured we'd actually get to see the planet as such and not as a mega city where virtually none of the actual surface can be seen. In fact it seem that the peak of Courscant's tallest mountain became little more than a rocky outcroping.

Now I wonder if there really will be such drastic changes. It seems like the Vong are doing the same thing they did with the Great Temple on Yavin IV. Just drop a Vong structure on top. But Courscant is so built up that it seems like these structures won't make it to the planet's surface. Only so many level will be lost before the structures settle as if they had reached the surface. Once one gets down a several levels below the Vong level, they could well find some of the smaller building that are still intact yet long abandon and in desperate need of repair as well as debris from some of the taller buildings of that level and above. And they'd still be several levels above the actual surface of the planet. Seems that all that would have happened is that the upper most levels would have changed looks.

And if the Vong were to succeed in reaching the surface and doing away with all the city, it doesn't seem like Courscant could stay a paradise for anyone for long after retaken. Seems like soon after the planet had been taken back that folks would start rebuilding the planet. It took millinea to cover it as it had been covered. But with their current level of technology, it might only take a century to reach the city heights found before the Vong took Courscant, maybe even less than that.

21. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    The Imperial Palace wasn't completely destroyed. Borsk just shaved off the top levels.

22. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    I thought he destroyed the East wing, or something like that. Never knew he destroyed only the top levels.

*Rummages through Star by Star pages*

23. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Rebel Stand Spoiler? (not sure)

Ain't Luke going to Coruscant in Rebel Stand?

Maybe he's going to set up a resistance there.

Not sure Spoiler ends.

24. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    (Speculation spoiler In Respone to Illuminatus Jedi:

It's going to be hard for Luke to get past the Yuuzhan Vong fleet that is no doubt blockading the planet.

End spoiler.)

25. Crow_T_Fett

Crow_T_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    When (if?) they defeat the Vong, who's to say they'd even want Coruscant back (as the capital)? Maybe they'll start the government over on some completely new planet.

originally posted by Mateo
    "I remember reading that Jacen and Vergere get trapped together on Coruscant fighting for their lives in the destroyed ruins of this great city in Rebel Dream."[/i]

Mateo, where do you find stuff like that? I've only been able to find the very briefest descriptions for the next two books (just basically what Amazon has for 'em), and nothing at all for the last six. I'd love to read whatever I can about the upcoming books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.