main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Coruscant Underworld Portal

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheNewEmpire, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    So it looks like 1313 is on hold. A shame, but I have a quick question:

After checking on Wookipedia, it says that the Coruscant Underworld Portal is the large ventilation shaft that leads to the undercity. (and 1313)

Does anyone know where this shaft is located? Is it anywhere near the senate district? Could Mace Windu's body have fallen into it, or one like it? Is there just one portal, or are there more?

What is beneath the spot where Mace Windu's Body, hand, and lightsaber fell anyway? Was a body ever recovered? I read somewhere once that his hilt was on a senator's desk years later I think...

Oh, lastly, the club where Anakin pursues Zam in AOTC, is that area located in the undercity? I doubt it since it wasn't access via a shaft...

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If I'm not mistaken, the shaft seen in TCW is not the only one of its kind, and there are a number of other openings to the lower levels of Coruscant spread across the planet. However, I don't believe such a portal of the Coruscanti underworld would be near the Senate District, considering how high-class that area is supposed to be, and certainly not under the Republic Executive Building where Mace fought with Palpatine. If Mace somehow did survive, he would've had to travel from the area to reach one of the shafts.

His lightsaber hilt did apparently come into the possession of the lawyer Sano Sauro. And the club where Anakin and Obi-Wan confronted Zam Wesell was the Outlander Club, located in the Uscru Entertainment District of Galactic City on the Coruscant surface.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think that the poorer districts are subdivided into these levels rather obnoxiously by the portals:
    [​IMG]
    Whereas the richer levels may just build around/on/below skyscrapers, without actually being underground/physically having another level as a roof. Considering the Republic Executive Building is in the Senate district, I don't think Mace would've fallen into the Undercity.
    [​IMG]
    These portals are one of TCW's coolest additions to the Star Wars canon, imo.

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I just noticed, but the portal looks a lot like Old New York underneath New New York. But yes, this idea is a good one, and builds on things like the garbage accelerators from one of the prequel books.

5. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I thought the portals were pretty to cool to see as well, but I would like to know what defines a "level" and how large are they? Do all 5,127 levels cover the whole planet?

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't know where to post this, and it doesn't seem to fit in the Disney/Ep7 thread anymore. I don't think we have an official "1313" thread.

Here are some concept stills from the cancelled game:

http://kotaku.com/yeah-that-cancelled-star-wars-game-looked-pretty-cool-1570652305

[​IMG]

It looks like there was a Jawa town too. Words cannot express how deeply aggrieved I am that we shall never set virtual eyes upon Jawa town.

Revanfan1, Zorrixor, Kylun and 3 others like this.
  7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Forget it, Coffee. It's Jawatown.

8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    With the new canon, I wonder how, if at all, the different levels of Coruscant were affected by the Empire. Perhaps the Rebellion will recruit from mistreated levels? I believe the Empire was supposed to be elitist.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There should be some nice city blocks in the under city for species that live underground or are nocturnal, would not surprise me if some of the spacer people are uncomfortable without a roof over their head

Revanfan1, Gorefiend and purplerain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.