Before Coruscant's Finest. Challenge Response (M*A*S*H Quotation Roulette Challenge) Obi and Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GuNgAnFaN3090, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Title: Coruscant's Finest
    Author: GuNgAnFaN3090
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is 15
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, OC?s
    Notes: For the M*A*S*H Quotation Roulette Challenge.
    Disclaimer: Nothing Belongs to me

My Quote?
    Potter: Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everybody. The only person I'm out to beat is who I am right now. And in your case that is tough enough.

?Are you sure this is a good idea master? Going down to lower Coruscant. It?s dangerous down there.? Fifteen year old Obi-Wan Kenobi walked cautiously with his mentor and master, Qui-Gon Jinn. They stepped from rooftop to rooftop, taking every turbo lift they came across into the lower abyss.

?Don?t be afraid Obi-Wan, it?s a simple mission.? Qui-Gon?s features were lighthearted and friendly. The Jedi master had waved to every being they passed on their way. That was Qui-Gon.

?It?s not that master?? Obi-Wan?s mind seemed distant.

?What my Padawan?? Qui-Gon?s face lost it?s smile for the first time that day. ?Are you okay?? Obi-Wan recovered after a few moments.

?Yes master, something tells me this won?t be as easy as you expect.? Qui-Gon started to chuckle. So much, that Obi-Wan had to ask. ?What master??

?Oh Obi-Wan, in all my years I?ve learned to expect the unexpected.? The two Jedi strode through Coruscant, onto their destination and mission.

The underworld of the giant city planet was not pleasant at all. Young Obi-Wan Kenobi walked slowly, turning around every few steps to see who or what might be lurking. Qui-Gon had gone off on his own. He said the mission would be done quicker if they split up.

I don?t care about the mission anymore, thought Obi-Wan, I want to go back to the temple and study! The young Padawan kept his pace. Until he heard a noise.

?Hello?? Asked Obi , looking around. ?W-who?s there??

Rattle.

Obi-Wan took another step.

Shake.

And another.

Crash.

The shadows became solid figures with glowing red eyes. Obi-Wan Kenobi yelled for his missing master?

Qui-Gon Jinn finished his mission quickly and productively. The Jedi Knight knew it would be easy. Qui-Gon headed back to where he left Obi-Wan, with swift movements, when he heard the yell. It was both physical and mental, but very plain and simple.

?QUI-GON!?

The master rushed off towards the noise and his learner?s force presence.

It took only moments before Qui-Gon Jinn found himself right next to Obi-Wan, but the master couldn?t see him. He felt more than one presence and immediately took light saber in hand.

?Does this belong to you?? Qui-Gon spun around and was face to face with some odd alien male. The alien held Obi-Wan by the back of his tunic neck at arms length.

?Pardon?? asked Qui-Gon, devising a plan. He couldn?t very well go swinging his light saber. At that thought, more aliens of the same unknown race appeared from the shadows. Qui-Gon counted nine, all surrounding him. Their red eyes stabbing at his soul.

?I said,? started the alien again, ?does this belong to you?? The alien was ready for a fight.

?I don't see how sir, I am a Jedi. Jedi are not allowed possessions.? Qui-Gon answered quickly.

?You want to fight, punk?? The alien threw Obi to Qui-Gon who caught him with no trouble at all. Then the alien pulled a Vibro-blade. ?Let?s go.? Qui-Gon?s face became more serious.

?Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everybody. The only person I'm out to beat is who I am right now. And in your case that is tough enough.? Qui-Gon waited for his words to sink in. The alien didn?t understand that the fight was over. He moved towards the Jedi.

With one swift movement, a sizzle of green came and went. The alien man was no more. His friends covered their eyes at the appearance of the lightsaber beam. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn ran for their Jedi lives. Back to the temple. Back home.

---The---End---
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved your little fic with Obi and Qui and the banter between them.

Great use of the quote.=D==D==D=
  3. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nicely done. Great banter and great use of the quote.
  4. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    If Qui-Gon won't claim, Obi - I will! Yes, he's mine, mine, all mine.
  5. GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    earlybird-obi-wan - Thank you, glad you liked it. :)

MiralukaJedi - Thank you, I love Qui/Obi banter. :)

Valairy_Scot - Sorry, I don't think Qui-gon would really give Obi up. :( Thanks for reading :)
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Fine use of the quote. =D= I followed that very well... your descriptions were very concise. Your Qui-Gon was perfect *melts!* ;)
  7. GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jade_eyes - Aww, thanks. [face_blush] I try and get my characters close. :) Thanks for reading.
  8. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?You want to fight, punk??

Never a good question to ask a fully trained Jedi Master :p

On the other hand, thank the Force Qui-Gon got there in time!

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  9. GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    KELIA - Not something I would ask a Jedi either. Not even a Padawan! :p Thanks for reading! :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.