main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx CoS DVD Friday!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrandonBa2, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandonBa2

BrandonBa2 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I know this is off topic :p but I see X-2 and LoTR post a lot so is anyone picking up the new Harry Potter Movie on the 11th. Just woundering :)...... BTW sorry I leave for such long times, had a lot of stuff to do :-\

2. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Good to see you around again, Brandon. :)

It's not all THAT off-topic. I know I'm not to only HP fanatic around here who will absolutely be buyng the CoS dvd next Friday. :D

There are 19! deleted scenes. :) (Still no surly Valentines Day dwarves. :( Oh well.)

3. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    heh.. i know you will hate me but.. i already watched it on dvd.. i work at blockbuster remember?
    :)

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I can't wait for this DVD! I have my pennies all saved. :) I was very :mad: when I saw the original date of 4/1 wasn't going to happen. Who ever heard of DVDs coming out on a *Friday*? Normally it's a Tuesday (as 4/1 was), but I digress.

I look forward to the deleted scenes. I wish the Valentine Dwarfs or Death Day party were included, but from what I've read, they were never filmed in the first place. :(

Ah well. It still should be good with 19 scenes. :D

Congrats on your colors, Kirana_T. :cool:

5. GhostsBeautifulSong

GhostsBeautifulSong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    I've already paid for my copy. I only have to wait til Friday to pick it up.

6. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    I am not trying to advertise but www.half.com has some great deals on the movie I pre-ordered it on DVD and only paid 10.00 for it.

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'll probably stay at my 24 hour Walmart on Thursday 'till midnight and get it then. I always do that with cool stuff I want first. I'm a dork and love it!!!! And I have no life... I don't remember ever losing my life but if someone sees it, they need to contact the proper authorities. :)

8. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    it seems your life got packed away into my things the last time i saw you. no clue how that happened. you sure you really want this thing back? i look forward to not having a life again, even if it was never mine to begin with. ;)

i'll be at walmart too. i'm tempted to wear my slytherin costume. :D who wants to drive extra far to dork-out with me? :)

kirana, i see you raising your hand there... ;)

9. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll be too medicated to go out and get it that night but if I'm lucky maybe I'll get it sometime on Friday. I just won't make the mistake of Accidentally buying the Full Screen edition and opening it up and realizing I was watching Pan & Scan, this time. That sucked!

10. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Pan and Scan!! Yuk. [face_plain]

Jupitertronic: We need representatives from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff!

11. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    I'd represent Hufflepuff but I don't have a costume. :_| :)

*grr @ OPPM*

12. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Ack, I haven't even started my Ravenclaw outfit.

I'm torn between Book colors or Movie colors....Blue and Bronze suck, but it's original canon..... ARGH !!!!! :_|

13. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    When in doubt, go with the books. The movies changed weird stuff for no apparent reason.

//grumbling...James was a CHASER, not a SEEKER!...grrr//

14. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    The ol' Ravenclaw blue and bronze isn't *that* bad. [face_plain] Well, okay, it is. Those were my high-school colors. eep. **shiver** Still, stick to canon. It's cooler. :D

15. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Something to daydream about at the costuming party I guess (no money, surprise)

16. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    ack, harpm, i did the same exact thing last time and got the pan 'n scan version. it would really have helped if it had said NOT WIDESCREEN on the cover. *rolls eyes at walmart's stupidity* this time i plan to check at least twice to make sure.

and as for the "bronze vs. silver for ravenclaw" debate, i like both. i don't see what's so horrible about bronze. ;p you could always just do both, and do your favorite first.

yay potter! 19 deleted scenes W00T!!! *breaks out the butterbeer*

17. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Okay, anybody know of someplace with a good deal on it ? I've seen 19.99....any better ?

Edit

Best buy with 15.99 on their site, the stores I've found match that.

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    well my little brotehr is downstair watching it right now. it looks cool. im going to watch all the extras first though.

and as far as costumes, anyone got any cool reerences and stuff that i can use :D? my little bro wants a gryffindor costume. and i want a ravenclaw one.

19. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    The reference I used was one hand on the pause button on the dvd remote and a pencil and sketchbook in the other. :p

I have pages and pages on the quidditch robes. (Ooh, CoS has some good Quidditch shots. :D)

I'll be off to Walmart in about 10 minutes. :D

20. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    [begin fangirl rant]

*sigh* :D

i have completely devoured this dvd. i've already watched the movie twice, gone through the duel scene with the captions on to figure out what exactly snape says to make the snake disappear, and memorized all the parseltongue lines (and most of the regular dialogue). so altogether i've now seen CoS 8 times (6 times on the big screen).

i drooled over the deleted scenes, played all the games and watched all the interviews. only things on my list now are watch CoS in spanish (though it's disturbing hearing alan rickman dubbed by someone else) and go through the dvd-rom stuff.

here's my dirty secret: i'm wearing my slytherin costume right now. whee! :D i took it out just to see if i had some details right, but i couldn't resist the urge to play dress up at midnight. how cool am i? ;)

anyway, hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as i am. it was worth the wait, and it's better than the last dvd, but i do wish they would have put more stuff. I WANT A COSTUME GALLERY, DAMMIT. :p

[/end fangirl rant]

21. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I just wanted to bump this up, since I recently got it. While I was watching it, I noticed something I hadn't before. When the Hogwarts Express is coming up from behind the flying car, watch Hedwig's eyes, they are very expressive! LOL.

22. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I know I'm probably going to get thrown out of this tread in disgust for what I am about to say, but hey, why not?

I rented the DVD and while I do like the movie, I was terribly disappointed in the deleted scenes. I wanted to see some cool stuff and instead, they were really dull and boring, which is I suppose why they were cut. But you know how we all are, we want to see deleted scenes that we can rant about not being put in the movie.

You know what I mean, we all like to watch those deleted scenes that should have been in the movie so we can throw our hands up in disgust and shout: WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY CUT THAT OUT? THE WHOLE DARN MOVIE MAKES SENSE NOW!

In fact I was so disappointed in the deleted scenes I didn't buy the DVD.

//Runs away looking for sanctuary//

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.