main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG CosFest 2005

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    I am typing it out as we spea.....er.....type. I will put it up on yousendit.com for all to d/l it sometime tonight.

Yes there will be rehearsals for voice talents, this Sat. More details to be released by my Line Producer (=p) as the date draws closer.

2. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    would that be me jason? lol
    anyway jean, if u can come on thurs and friday, we'll be having some rehearsals of whole thing. tentatively its targetted at 3-4pm for thurs, friday we will discuss again.

3. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    On most work days... officially, I finish work at 5.30pm... usually that would mean being able to leave the office by 6.00pm... if I'm lucky.

If something comes up at the last minute, and usually there's always something... then I can probably only leave at around 7.00pm... so how to make it for rehearsal at 3-4pm?

Friday from 6.30pm onwards, and all day Saturday would most probably be my best bets right now... Thursday no way, 'cos I'm the Executive On Duty this Thursday, which means that I have to work till 9.00pm.

4. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    ah, hm, well we'll figure something out for friday then. in the meantime the usual boys will train with me with the 1st draft script that'll be coming out anytime now

5. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Alright pple,

Here it is! EXTRA EXTRA! At long last, the long awaited first draft of the script is out. Get it here
    Do take note that there'll most probably be minor changes here and there as the week closes. Also I have yet to name the Mandalorain (Medi_Mealer) and the Local Law Enforcer (Xeno). And yes, the Padawan is called Crovus. It's 3am, I'm stressed out and couldn't come up with a better name. So sue me! =p

Anyways, do take note that this is NOT the fanfilm script. Although the story is based on the fanfilm story, it is the stage adaptation of it. Hence it is an EXTREMEMLY compressed version. But those interest in the fanfilm can get a ROUGH idea of the story line. Although nothing is confirmed at this point, changes abound. Cheers.

Now to go rush out my other assignments. =p

Nights all, and may the Force be with you.
    Stressed Out Jedi

EDIT: Oh ya! one more thing, All comments, criticism, suggestions, advice, etc are welcome. It'll only make the script better. However do get them to me before Fri, as that when we finalise everything and have the last few rehersals. Some compliments along the way won't hurt too. =)

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Uh oh......I forget that we got to submit original photos of our characters for the competitions. :oops: So other than the "Obi-Wan" & "Anakin", the rest how since they are Original Creation Characters?

Faiz & Yazid, you both confirmed entering the Pair Category? I threw it in as part of the application since you mentioned about doing it last Sun, Faiz. :p

7. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Damn, I did not die an honorable death, or is it ? I died in my service to the Empire. :D

8. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    And ya, I will be wearing Stormtrooper armour most likely.

9. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    I have read the draft and i MUST SAY, its a good one! Damn good one!

Thou I did not make it for the meeting. I HAVE SOME suggestions that I have added into this draft here. Just hope crovus, u can just have a read, and incorporate anything u deem fit.

bUT I love the script......5 thumbs up!

10. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey the link doesn't work. Email me?

11. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Take out the '][/link].' from the link and it should work.

Script looks interesting. Haven't had time to read it through properly but I believe the plural of Jedi is 'Jedi' and the plural of Sith is 'Sith'. Not 'Jedis' and 'Siths'. As in, "I'm not going in there with two Jedi." :)

I'd love to be one of the voice talents but since there's only one female part and I don't think any of the guys should sound like a girl... :p Plus I'm not sure if I can make it for rehearsals. I'll just be back-up or something.

1. CoolVirus - no costume...
    2. Xeno - Commander Gree
    3. GetzJedi - TIE Fighter Pilot
    4. JediJean - Minder - staying overnight
    5. Darth_Eagle - Imperial or ROTS Padme
    6. Mercurio - Original costume (80% complete)Staying
    7. DarthCrovus - STAYING OVER
    8. Hobbes - Sith Lord STAYING OVER TO GAY U
    9. Faiz - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    10. Yazid - Anakin Skywalker
    11. Clare - generic Jedi [not staying over]

12. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey Jacen and Clare, thanks for the tip, will make changes accordingly (not all though, some are intentional) thanks again.

Clare> well if you're interested I have the role of Padawan Crovus for you. If a girl would to read it, adds to the whiny factor, and any SW thigny must have a main character whiny. ;p But it is important to make rehersals.

Jacen> Interested in being voice talent?

Here's the updated script

13. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    i will give the updated script a read and see if i got more suggestions. Reading? oh my.....i quiver...haha...I think Jedi Jean would make a good vocalist for the story........

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So what time are we meeting?

Here's the infos about reporting that day:

"Please report to us at the Singapore Cosplay Club booth at 11.30am on
    10th July. Please be punctual as this time is very crucial for us to give you information on what time to come and where to be seated.

The group competition will be held first, and then the individual
    category.
    "

15. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    i'd suggest 9/10am over there.

16. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    i onli can reach at abt 1pm lei..........where u all meeting

17. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz!!

Just so that we are absolutely clear on who is going to CosFest dressed as whom, and who will be staying overnight at the FFSG Loyang Terrace after the event is over, here are the respective FINAL NAME LISTS below (hope I got everything right!)...

FINAL NAME LIST FOR COSFEST

1. CoolVirus - ??
    2. Xeno - Commander Gree
    4. JediJean - Minder & Voice Talent
    6. Mercurio - Original costume (80% complete)
    7. DarthCrovus - Director
    8. Hobbes - Sith Lord
    9. Faiz - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    11. JediClare - generic Jedi
    12. Faiz's friend - Minder
    13. Jedi_Healer - Mandalorian??
    14. CoolVirus's brother - ??

FINAL NAME LIST FOR FFSG LOYANG TERRACE

1. CoolVirus - STAYING OVER
    2. GetzJedi - maybe
    3. JediJean - maybe
    4. Darth_Eagle - STAYING OVER
    5. Mercurio - STAYING OVER
    6. DarthCrovus - STAYING OVER
    7. Hobbes - STAYING OVER
    8. Xeno - STAYING OVER
    9. Yazid - STAYING OVER
    10. Faiz - STAYING OVER
    11. JediClare - NOT staying over
    12. Faiz's friend - STAYING OVER
    13. Jedi_Healer - ??

GetzJedi and I will both still chip in for the terrace, regardless of whether or not we're staying overnight, so don't worry, OK guyz :)

Now that we have 11 ppl for the FFSG terrace, it's gonna be just $6.90 each... am I right, CoolVirus??

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, this is roughly what happening tomolo as far as I know. [face_thinking]

9.30am (to be confirmed) - Meet at Pasir Ris MRT Station so we can be at Downtown East around 10am for practice
    11.30am - Report at the SSC Booth for all main characters except for those with special cases. ;) We will be in the Best Team Category plus Best Pair for Faiz & Yazid (ya, confirmed Team & Pair different Category but seems like presenting around the same time)
    1.00pm - Event Official Start.
    1.30pm - Contestant get presented to the audience or something. Unfortunately, this year, they are making contestants sit in front of the stage like last year :rolleyes: SOOOOOO we'll need someone to be the Bai Jaga, sit at the Contestant Seat and call up the others when it near the time for our group to present our Sketch.
    3.00pm - Group Competition supposely start according to the infos Xeno got.
    6.00pm - CosFest concluded

19. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001

1. CoolVirus - ??
    2. Xeno - Commander Gree
    8. Hobbes - Sith Lord
    9. Faiz - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    15. RisingAdela - minder
    16. JediClare's friend - Sith

20. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003

1. CoolVirus - Custom Shinobi (yeah..not SW related...sorrie guys!!)
    2. Xeno - Commander Gree
    8. Hobbes - Sith Lord
    9. Faiz - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    14. CoolVirus's brother - Custom Shinobi (yeah..he's my brother right?!)
    15. RisingAdela - minder
    16. JediClare's friend - Sith

21. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    its confirmed 9.30am at pasir ris mrt.
    pls be on time, unless u have mentioned u have something on and will onli be coming later.

pair competition still on...? wtf?

looks like me and yazid's gonna have to do some REALLY SUPER LAST MINUTE practise, LMAO. i dun think we'd win anything there since we've put our heart and soul into the group one. we will win the group one, no one else can have that honour..

can someone pls print the final list and have their contact numbers on standby so we can start tracking ppl down if they're late at pasir ris mrt and all.
    thanks

and heads up ppl, there will be a few random sw cosplayers not affliated with neither us or movie-mania. an old fren and his frens will come as some jedi/sith. and i heard from another cosplayer fren that his schmates will be doing sw chars as well... so... LETS OWN THEM ALL PPL. lets show them who the real fans are. and most of all, lets have fun ppl

22. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Get them for the extras in Act 2!!!

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh no! Feel like dragging along my Snow Bunny Padme too but starting to overuse it. [face_hypnotized] Already putting out my Gryffindor & Slytherin School Uniform & Hana Winter School Uniform and wearing AOTC Boba Fett during most of CosFest I think. Then again, I'm bring a half-full luggage bag for ease of transport. :D

Will try to be there latest by 9.45am as I hasn't slept (can't sleep :eek: ) and still need to pack my bag.

Err.....how much Black Cloth am I suppose to bring and it's for what? :confused:

Ps: Currently my HP no money so can only receive SMS. Will try to Top-Up before I leave for Pasir Ris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.