main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cost of special figure

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by bubblesr69, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubblesr69

bubblesr69 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    How much are the Special celebration II figures going to be?

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  3. mattrob24

mattrob24 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    Also if I'm not mistaken there is a limit of two per person per day.

4. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    Yeah, but how are they going to enforce that rule?!

5. NGCRULER

NGCRULER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    anyone have any extra ones... I'll pay ya for it...

6. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    They do not and can not enforce that rule. People buy more than two simply by goinjg to another table, then they run out of the figures by noon. There will be 6,000 available Sunday. Better get there early!

7. Periidot

Periidot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    assuming of course that you're willing to wait in a major line just to get into the store. ridiculous. i can only hope that this regulating of customers was to keep it from being overcrowded inside like the rest of the site.

has anyone gotten one? can you post a photo or describe it? i'd love to know what it looks like.

:)

8. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    Got four and they look like GL in a pilot suit. very cool card.

9. NGCRULER

NGCRULER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    hey, since you have four is their any way I can get one from you?

10. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    I've heard they are going on eBay for $160...

11. Periidot

Periidot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    Why do people brag that they got more than they were allowed to? It's heartbreaking to those of us that didn't get ANY.

[sigh].

photos from saturday (sunday to post later):
    periidot's sw:c2 photo page

:)

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Got four..."

Um, you weren't supposed to. Now there's 1 or 2 people without GL figures. Thanks. :)

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I sold my extra one to a family who was unable to get one....price: $10.

Anyhow, any more requests to buy the figure or sell it on this forum will get you a free pass to banland. The only thing Celebration 2 related without a line. Thanks.

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Wow, no line. Almost makes me wish I had a figure, or wanted one. I think I'm still in line for the archive display. :D

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I think the "no line" he was talking about was that free pass to banland.

:D

P.S. I, however, didn't have to wait in any line for my CII figure, so long as you go to the cash-only line. :)

16. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    I got two and my fiance got two. Tidy and legal, but we also stood in line early on two separate days.

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Okay, that's cool, and totally different than what was implied before.

18. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I got my 2 on Saturday, both as payback for friends. One who leant me her fan club card to get the lanyard, the other for the person who got my AOTC midnight show tickets, no charge to either of them, they earned them with friendship, I just waited in a line for them.

19. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wannabe, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Myself, I didn't get ANY. But that was my choice - NOT to stand in THAT particular line, but to do and see and have fun with other stuff at the con. So somebody else got lucky thanks to me.

And I knew full well I could have paid myself back most of the cost of attending if I'd stood in line and then sold on ebay. But I don't like that idea at all.

What if for C3 they offer the "exclusive" figure for sale with the passes? Pay extra to reserve your figure when you buy your ticket. They could send you a specially printed voucher that you could turn in at the convention for your figure. Then you'd have a line that would move fast (like the ticket taker at the movies). I dunno. Just a thought.

20. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    [face_blush]

(Makes me wish our caravan had stopped in St. Louis on our way back to Denver, we drove straight through, 18 hours!)

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Geez, you all had to wait forever, it seems, didn't you guys go to "Cash Only" line where you could only buy programs and George figures? I went there and I was out in less than 2 minutes. No exaggeration.

22. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I got in line fairly early Saturday morning, the line for the store was actually pretty short, because they weren't being clear about which line was which, I think a lot of the people in the incredibly large line for the concert thought they were in line for the store :( sorry if that happened to people.

I probably had my figures 45 minutes after I got in the line, so many people had much worse experiences than I did.

23. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Yeah, Obi-W, I know about that long drive! We vacationed in Colorado with Denver as the pivot point, and we drove it straight through both on the way there and the way back. Is Eastern Colorado yucky or what? I thought people said KS was supposed to flat. If you're ever in StL again and need advise on anything or directions or whatever, LMK, I'll do what I can.

24. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    The problem with the cash only line was if you wanted a T shirt too you had to wait for all the charge stuff. I wish they would have had a cash only line for all the stuff. I did get 2 of the figures and a t-shirt, even if that was my one activity for Friday. One figure for the Boys and one for my shelf. Both are open and out of the box. :eek: I can hear the gasps from collectors now.

25. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    $10 wasn't bad. I did see people with an extraordinarily large amount of figures and was upset that those people didn't have the morality to follow a simple request and to allow other people to have access to those figures...shame on them.

I picked up two figures on Saturday morning, while my husband was in line for something else (the only way to get to see a good amount of programming was to have a tag team thing going!!!). We are giving one of our friends a figure because they were unable to attend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.