main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cost struggle I'm having

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Hi gang,

I could place this in the video game section, but feel I might get a better response here than just a dont play it attitude. My problem is, I just bought a house and already have a limit on what I can spend on star wars stuff like figures and such. Well My issue is I want to buy SWG and can afford the $50 for the game but not the monthly fee. Spending that extra $15 bucks will pretty much dampen me wanting to buy anything else pretty much the whole year. What are you guys doing, are you going to fork over the money for your collection and the game or sticking to one thing? I'm not sure what to do. I cant spend $200 + a year on a game and still buy the new SW stuff that comes out.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Advice from a bachelor homeowner. Don't buy the game! You just bought a house, if you have things that need to be fixed, you'll never have time to play anyway.

Save your money for now. Resume your collection when your finances stabilize.

When I bought my house, I had to seriously curtail my expenditures for SW figures. Luckily with ****** distributing and stocking of the POTJ line, it wasn't that hard (I usually don't buy my figs online, except to pick up older one's from E-bay).

Owning a home is far more important than a video game. Besides, if you wait, the price will come down eventually.

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thanks man, I was leaning that way. I dont mind blowing $20 bucks here or there, but $50 upfront then a monthly fee that never goes away can be difficult. Especially in this market.

4. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    think of it like this. would you rather have a game to play or a house to sleep in?

5. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Yep, thats how I feel. So are you guys going to spend the monthly fee also on the game? or spend your money you would spend on it on your collection or something else.

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Actually, I don't play the video games, unless they have a PC version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.