main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Costume and Prop Shop

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RooHo

RooHo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2006
    You loook great!!

2. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    2 things

1) The costumes look excellent

2) When is that girl in the last picture joining the SVRF?

3. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Just currious here? will we be having a costume workshop sometime before C4? I am in desprite need of assistance in making my tunic I dont know how to cut the material... I am ok with making stuff but this is a bit complicated for me. Not to mention my sewing machine is on the fritz! If anyone wants to work on costumes, I am totally up for it... Any help would be appriciated.

4. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Almost forgot, I am currently desigining my own lightsaber hilt... I have a pipe and some parts, I need help in putting it together and stuff... please help?

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I've got to look at my calendar, but I think a costume/prop shop would be a great thing. I don't have a ton of room otherwise I'd offer my garage. Also, my sewing machine leaves much to be desired. Anyone willing to host?

6. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay for costuming and prop shops! I need pants! Gimme Pants! -eyes Avalyn and hawkie- And no dockers! =P

-TJ

7. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Umm that's the cannon pants for a Jedi, or any kind tan pants like that.

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    [image=http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~allenk/obi-wan/ewen3.jpg]

Tev, buddy, those aren't dockers! I know you said dockers are 'canon' pants... but I think you might just be mistaken... ;)

George has never used off the rack clothing like dockers for his actor wardrobes, as far as I know... because 'tan pants' and dockers are completely different things, too. Dockers are heavy, sewn with a straight leg in an industrialized manner. Jedi pants (and their garb in general) tend to either be very baggy cotton, twill, or linen materials. I think Mace has some tighter white leggings in at least one film, but I've never seen dockers... they don't even wear the right belts for that sort of thing. That pic of Ewan you saw was probably on one of his days (or a spare moment) he wasn't shooting a scene. But, if you want to link or post the pic, I'll certainly check it out!

-TJ

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    TJ, I don't know how to make pants. So in this instance you might be better off finding a khaki-type pant until you or someone you know can make you pants.

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I know! I was giving you a hard time! :p But for the record, would rebel legion accept khaki pants as canon?

-TJ[face_thinking]

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yes, I believe they would. As long as they didn't have a logo or something obviously NOT found in the movies they would be fine. I found mine at a thrift store and nobody says a thing (actually I get a lot of compliments on it).
    If the pockets are too noticeable (i.e. the back ones) you can always remove them.

12. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Well then! :oops:

-TJ;)

13. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Ok, I found it! We can return to this time frame, since the pre-C4 costume ideas were pretty good ones, or TJ can wipe the slayt clean and we can start anew.

LDV, please chime in with a clear vision of your X-wing pilot theme. I am not as driven toward an X-wing pilot costume as a solo venture, because I don't identify as much with the pilot characters as much as I do many of the other characters. However, if we could find an "affordable" way to acquire the parts in bulk form as a group venture, then I would certainly participate and even help lead the charge.

I like the Rebel/Alliance fleet and endor troopers better for personal reasons. If I could purchase an authentic looking Endor commando helmet, I would have done so log ago because the rest of the costume can be purchased locally (and it is my favorite). I also like some of the trimmer Jedi outfits, as I saw at C4. Here is a complete Jedi clothing set for $150 on ebay: I would customize mine with green dominant coloring and fake leather tabbards though.
    [image=http://i8.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/fb/50/bd_1_sbl.JPG]
    similiar, but not the same as Corran Horn (coincidentally, Rogue 9)
    [image=http://padawansguide.com/gifs/corran1.jpg]
    I am open minded though, and would lean toward the interests of the group with minimal persuasion.

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Regarding my costume plans ekim, right now I'm still finishing up moving. My roommate will be doing his final push tomorrow methinks, since he has to be out of his unit by the first... although the office people won't be in till monday, we might get an extra day.

-TJ

15. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Understood, Rogue 8. Moving takes priority over play. When you get time, I'm interested in pursuing costuming and am preparing to take more active steps (actually buying stuff) to that end.

Take a look at this guy-
    [image=http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/rick_johnson409/IMGP4385.jpg]
    NOW that is one intimidating costume! Roo Hoo did such a good job on his hand made stuff.
    I hope he's at the next meeting, he's a creative guy.

Good luck moving! You gonna be at bowling gig?

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I've made no arrangements, but Mardi Gras lanes is basically right around the corner from my apartment, too...

-TJ

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I gotta say Rooho really impressed me with his costuming for the film. I know he said my costumes were good..but I had to bow to his awesome skills, especially the sculpting of the armor and helmets and the leatherwork.

18. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    -resurrects yet again-

Maybe one of these days I'll consolidate all this info into the stickied threat... or maybe we can get a mod to do it?

Anyone?

...Bueller? Bueller?

-TJ

19. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    we already have the costume shop stickied on the page it would just be redundent at this point.

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    That why I said... consolidate the information into the stickied thread... ;)

Like... the links and what not?

-TJ

21. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    It's so funny to go back and read these old threads. I say we all commit to costuming in 2008.

22. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    I would love to commit to that, however, one at a time in our house. Maybe Zam13 and DarthDikum can both complete theirs this year.

23. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ah, c'mon Auntie -- you could at least start one this year...we'll work slowly!:)

24. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006

Ahhh! Money for materials to be working on 3 costumes could prove to be a problem. The Tie Fighter Pilot duo is maybe do-able. 8-}

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    pfffftttt, I'm working on four at the moment!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.