main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Costume and prop thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Mordus, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Hey folks, just a quick idea. I have noticed some of the other Fanforce chapters have costume threads for discussion on how to make, tips and so on. Wanna start one of our own?

I will start with, I have two jedi costumes so far and am about to start a third. I have built 4 lightsaber hilts so far and *sigh* have a 5th on the drawing board.

2. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    I don't have anything but an Anakin Episode II Force FX lightsaber. That being said, I do want to make a Jedi costume and I have an idea how I want it to look. I just need to draw it on paper. Hmm, not an easy feat for me, I have a hard time with stick figures.

3. LapsusDeHeaven

LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    Im...well, Im not sure if it belongs here but Im recieving my stormtrooper armor (Im joining the 501st) at the end of the month, I ordered it friday and hope to be wearing it at the july meeting, or at least the helmet. I love the idea of a costuming thread and I love Norms idea of a costuming meeting for the er....um..."costuming challenged" like myself...I couldnt sew or machine anything if my life depended on it.

4. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I've cheated on my costumes, bought karate GI's and built up from there... But I'm a regular at the costuming and props board. Sounds like a good idea.

5. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Any costume you have or wanting to make does belong here. I know there are two for sure in the group that are pilots, and of course the soon to be, Stormtrooper *jealous glare*. LOL Please, any creative ideas, assistance offers, help requests, and any costume or prop, i.e. thermal detonators, blasters, lightsabers, force pikes, vibro axes etc, by all means post here. LOL

6. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Just dropping by to give you a few links.

This one is a comprehensive of tutorials for nearly every costume you need.

If you can't find it there, the next best place to try is the Costuming & Props forum.

Also, Dajuan, I and a few others in the St Louis fan force are getting ready to do several Rebel Pilot costumes. If you're interested on getting in on it, PM one of us for details. :)

7. Damry_Hawke

Damry_Hawke Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2001
    Well, I was the one dressed as Visas Marr from KotOR II at the midnight showing of 3, for those that I don't know that were there. :) I did the entire costume on my own, modifying a pattern to match. Problem was the headpiece, as I didn't actually get that finished in time, and had to do a poor job on it.

My big problem is props. When I'm at my parents house, I have my stepdad entire plethora of tools, but given that I'm only there on occasion (and this summer..bleh) it's hard to do things like lightsabre's.

Still, costuming is my thing. :)

8. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    If there is any one that can contact OTC or know of anyone that has a machine lathe that can lathe out a aluminum saber hilt, please let me know. My work hours prevent me from being able to get a hold of OTC to see if their machine shop would be able to help us out. I have heard from a former student that they may even do the work and have the materials for free (WOOHOO my favorite word). Also I have been unable to call some of the local machine shops to get pricing because of my hours as well.

9. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    There's a guy in Nixa who frequently sells Luke ROTJ sabers... I guess he turns them out hiself. Because it's against policy to post a link to an auction other than mine, I've PM'ed you the link and if you're interested, you can contact him.

10. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Thank you sir. I checked it out and the saber looks really nice. I am going to try and contact him to see if he is willing to do any custom designs.

11. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    If not, Random Sabers is the most popular sit for custom sabers, but they're probably gonna take a while to make it, as how they've grown so fast.

12. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    I found the answer to all our lightsaber problems!!

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWHBBYOL&rid=EMAILC00057

13. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ummm K... [face_plain]

14. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Was just a joke :(

15. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    SWEEET!!! I saw them at CIII. I am savin my allowance. WOOHOO!

16. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
  17. Kantorak

Kantorak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Ok, I'm not big on the costuming thing, but I think I have found a way to make it appeal to me. I have decided to go along with the way I was in SWG as my little alter ego. I feel that a mercenary/bounty hunter type that is force sensitive is the way to go for me. The costume itself I plan on keeping simple. Mostly black, a cargo type of pant, military style belt, and top have would be cloaked, but under would be kind of a padding like Blades vest as in this pic below.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/Blade.jpg]

I figure a simple black shirt under the vest would be ok, but I may look deeper into that. I have even found boots that I think would be Kantorak. Yes, that is the name I shall go under, hell, kept it this long, why change?

First boot.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/mod189.jpg]

Second boot.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/Mod794.jpg]

I'm really liking the 2nd right now.

Ok, Weapons. I will have the ol' stand by E-11 blaster as a holsterd side arm. BUT, that is not enough firepower for me. No, not enough at all. I figure I will have to go with a modified T-21.

Here is a pic of your standard T-21.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/T-21.jpg]

Now, here is my plan for MY T-21

Here is my AR-15 modeled after the M4. (This rifle is my pride and joy BTW)

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/ar1.jpg]

What is nice about it is that it comes in 2 parts, here is a pic of the lower.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/MugenRSX79/ar2.jpg]

This leaves me with a lot of options. What I am going to do is buy another lower, fairly inexspencive, and fab my own upper that is a T-21. I already have the ideas on how easy this will actually be with this rifle. Best part is, damn thing will look real. ;)

So, thoughts anyone?

John

18. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Dang, I LOVE those boots! (pair #2)

19. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Is that an airsoft?

20. Kantorak

Kantorak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Nope, 100% real AR-15, Rock River Arms, best AR maker in the counrty.

John

21. Stoops417

Stoops417 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    hahahah, surely you jest! John with an airsoft!?!?! no, not maybe, never!

That is a sweet rifle to shoot, lemme tell ya :)

22. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    well, jeez man... that'll set you back some serious green to ruin it, won't it?

23. Kantorak

Kantorak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Well, like I said, I won't be using the one pictured. I can but another lower for about $200.

John

24. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    what are you going to use for the upper? I've always wanted to make an AOTC full-sized rifle out of PVC

25. Kantorak

Kantorak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I have yet to decide, I have a friend who is into machine working. Probably aluminum if I go to him. I will draw out, my bud will do the rest.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.