main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Costume Club-X-Wing Flak Vest project

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Cool beans....
    I will check this thread shortly before I leave home...which will be at 10:00 am...in case there are any last minute needs or challenges...

and yes Hawk Bat....you will be at a sewing machine...
    so come prepared to sew...and sit still!

2. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    And the fun begins....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/schphgochi/album?.dir=/892b&.view=t

Thanks to all that came out for this workshop....

Especially....Thank you Heather! Your serger is a miracle of modern machinery....ok...for the technology challenged like me....everything is pretty much a marvel of modern machinery...but see Haz...I figured out the whole "digital camera" thing...

At any rate...we will continue on with the vests at next months meeting...I have a feeling Emma will be done with hers by then....and Femme will be well on her way...Carrie has no machine available to her...so for sure we will work on Carrie's ....and Hawkbat...I do expect you to work on yours some....I will have more time to help you next month..but I expect to see some progress!

If there is anyone else who would like to take on this project...you are not too late...jump in!

And....as always...thanks to Lionel and Emma for the use of their awesome Studio! It is so great to have a place to work that is so large...there is plenty of room and table space! Thanks for the goodies also...though...I forgot to try some.

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you Phyllis for the instruction and Heather for the serger and two needling for me! As always, we'd be nowhere without the gracious Emma and Lionel space.

Maybe I'll finish this project this week....and maybe monkeys will fly out of my but!

4. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    your right i am working better at home can be in the right work enviornment for me

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    And...Hawkbat...you were right about the tutorial being posted at the Echo Base site...the link is in the very first post...

I originally found the tutorial at A.S.A.P.....but then it was moved to Echo Base...

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Bumping....for Moy's benefit....
    ;)

7. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Yaay thank you :] This is awesome! Thanks again :]

-Mary

8. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Someone please send this kid to English class. Please. His grammar makes me want to punch infants.

9. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    I've noticed a reoccuring theme in this group: Taking a crack at Peaches! Haha.

Poor Peaches. I know I am fully integrated into the group when i'm also involved in the joke-cracking, and the head smacking (that's another thing I've observed- he gets smacked around a lot! He must have extra padding in his head to sustain such abuse, haha)

-Mary

10. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I have to much padding. Thats one of the problems lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.