main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Con - May 17 - 20 - Should we have a table?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Apr 30, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Here are the details about the Costume Con, happening May 17 - 20. (As if May wasn't busy enough!)

http://cc31denver.com/
    Costume-Con 31 is a 4-day weekend conference for everyone who designs, makes, wears and/or admires costumes. CC31 will include a myriad of instructional workshops, panel discussions, displays, a dealers room, costume competitions, get-togethers, parties, and the broadest collection of creativity all focused on costuming that you have ever had the privilege to contact in one place.

Our host hotel for Costume-Con 31 is the Red Lion Denver Southeast, located in Aurora, CO, conveniently located in the southeast Denver metro region and adjacent to beautiful Cherry Creek State Park.

We've been invited to host a table. Here are the guidelines:

-Each Fan Table will consist on one six foot table, two chairs and an appropriate amount of space to sit behind the table. If you require additional space, please contact the convention in advance.
    -General convention hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and 9:00 am to Noon on Monday. We would like your table to be staffed on Saturday and Sunday. Friday and Monday are optional but encouraged. You are welcome to staff your table past 5:00 pm, but most people are involved in the conventions nighttime activities and not generally roaming about.
    -Everyone staffing the table needs to be registered for the convention, at least for the day that they are at the convention. It is our hope that you will have enough people to staff the table so that people can get away and enjoy what the convention has to offer.

Here are my thoughts to start the discussion. Since it costs $75 for a 4-day pass (no 1-day passes available) that's pretty steep to ask people to pay. We would need the volunteer level of Starfest to keep the table staffed at least Saturday and Sunday, which is quite a bit to ask of people for a non-Starfest convention.

I will be busy Saturday and Sunday and would be unable to the the point of contact the weekend of the convention. I believe our co-cr, catz44, will be busy Sunday.

Thoughts?

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    My thought would be no. It's a pretty small con - I believe the guy who visited at the March meeting said 300 attendees, so exposure would be light. It's also pretty darn far away from where most of us live. I think those who want to attend should just enjoy the con. :)

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I agree with Nerf.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm not there so my vote is mute, but I agree with the above sentiments.