main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Costume Contest 5/19 in St Augustine

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leia214, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I just heard that there will be a costume contest at the Ponce Mall here in St Augustine on Thursday night (5/19). There will be prizes for different age groups.

Registration is from 6 - 6:45 pm, contest starts at 7:00. Or you can register online at www.staugustine.com/starwars

If anyone is going to go, let me know since this is in my neck of the woods. The Ponce Mall is right on US 1 South about 30 miles south of the Avenues mall. If you need directions, give a shout.

2. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    What kind of prizes are we talking about? I'm trying to see if it is worth the drive. Julia, do you mind calling these guys and find out what they are offering?

CR..CR...CRI..CRIMMM....CCRIMMMSS...CRIMSON! OH YEA, I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW.

TR-1741

3. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say - I was wondering about the prizes too.

Since I only live up the road it's no big deal for me to drive and check it out even if I don't enter.

4. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I have alredy enterd. So you will see me there.

5. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I can't go, {sniff, sniff}. My wife got to work that day.

6. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I emailed the contest director (no phone number listed!) but I haven't heard back on the prizes yet. Hopefully they let me know soon so that if people want to drive down, it's worth their while.

7. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Just got the reply on the prizes for the costume contest:

Thanks for your email. We are going to have 2 catagories in our contest. 13 and below and 14 and up.

The grand prize is a Darth Vader replica light sabre by Master Replicas. We actually are still working on the other prizes. I was hoping to have them in hand by now, but the movie theatre is still working on it for us.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Lawrence Peck
    Online Director
    The St. Augustine Record

8. riquigonjin

May 1, 2005
    i need directions to the mall, from atlantic & s.s.blvd

9. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I think the best way is to take 9A south till it ends at US1 and then follow US1 to St Augustine. It is approximately 28 miles from there.

Once you get past the airport on the lefthand side - it's around 8 miles. The mall is just south of SR 312, there is a Belk, a JC Penney and a movie theater in it. SR 312 is the intersection with a Red Lobster, Wendys, Longhorn, Barnes & Noble if that helps. It is on the right hand side.

I don't know if my husband is home from work yet so we may not make it on-time for the contest :( but we'll look for you there!

10. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Congrats Matt and Riqui - saw your pictures on the Record website!!!

Mark didn't get home till almost 7 so it was way too late for us to show up. :(

11. riquigonjin

May 1, 2005
    Not a problem, me and matt had fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.