main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Contest at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Handyman, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
  2. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    I am entering under potluck...does anyone know if they are going to contact the 75 entrants who got theirs in first? it would be awful not to know if you were got in until you got to registration that Sunday-it would be quite a traffic jam too I think...

3. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Quincy is in Child (of course)

4. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Queen:

I'm not sure. I believe that they will contact the folks that get in. Only makes sence, so they don't have 15,000 people coming to the check in. I honestly believe they'll contact whoever is in. Only makes sense to me.

Good Luck!
    Lotus

5. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Hmmm. No one else seems to be entering under "Talent". I'm summoning my courage and I'm going to try that, since there are several people making the same costume.

Regards,
    M.

6. studiocreations

studiocreations Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Technology for me. :)

7. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    I have seen some of your creations online-this should be a very spectacular event...I have not posted any pics of my creation as of yet...but I hope if I am one of the lucky 75 that you will all be pleased.
    qs

8. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    We have an RHS group going, as, well....Handmaidens! :~)

I've just got to get the app mailed off and pray we get in!

9. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I'm sure probably by email or snail mail prior to the contest, probably right after they receive the aps I imagine.

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, even if some of us don't get into the 75, we can still be in the parade, right?

I already sent my application in, but I bet more than 75 other people probably have too.

11. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Not to spoil any surprises or anything, but what costumes are you all planning to wear?

I would love to be able to enter, but I won't have anything ready in time :eek:( I'm too much of a perfectionist!

12. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    I wil be wearing Amidala's pre-senate kimono and beaded fringe headress on Saturday and Sunday-and entering it if I made it in the 75. I will be going casual Friday because we live only a couple hours from Indianapolis and are driving that morning. I hope everyone will like it-materials and time-it is costing more than my wedding ensemble.

13. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm making Princess Leia's dress from the end of a New Hope, when she award Han and Luke with Medals. Organa in Organza! I've always wanted an excuse to make this dress, so now I have it. Plus the cool jewelry is pretty rockin'. It'll make me feel like I can have a break to pound out metal if I get frustrated, or it's a good stress reliever!

Even if I don't get in, or am one of the Lucky 75, it'll still be a blast wearing the get up. The hair alone is gonna be fun!

Good Luck to everyone who entered! I hope we can all meet up and say our hellos. I'd love to get a look at all your beautiful creations. Plus gabbin' with other costumers is always a highlight!

Lotus :D

14. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    I have not yet received any confirmation. :(

Quincy would be wearing the gold and maroon Senator Amidala costume I am still working on and then there will be a little more, hopefully........... ;)

15. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I would not mind joining a group
    if any TPM groups are lacking a Qui-Gon
    PM me.

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Great news!!! I just received a confirmation e-mail, my group is in the costume contest!!!!
    Here is the message I received:

"Hello,

Your entry form for the Star Wars Celebration II Costume Contest has been received. Your place is now reserved in the costume contest.
    Please be sure to follow the rules for on site check-in carefully. All entrants must check in between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 5 (earlier is better to avoid a last-minute rush!). Anyone who has not checked in by 12:30 will lose their place in the show.

Thank you for entering. It's shaping up to be a fantastic show!"

Anne Brown
    Costume Contest Coordinator

Even if there is no way we will win anything, we can't wait, it's gonna be a lot of fun!!!

17. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    *high fives Ludo*

Congradulations!! I recieved my confermation a little while ago too!! I'm sooo excited!!! Heck even if we don't win anything, we still get to be part of it!!!

Congradulations!!!!!
    Lotus

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm in! I'm in! YAY! I got a confirmation too! Woo! Hoo!
    :D

Not that it really matters, because I just want to wear a pretty dress, but: What does the winner get anyway? ?[face_plain]

19. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah Obi Dawn!!!
    Congradulations!!!!! *high fives* I'll look forward to seeing you at the Contest!! It would be nice to meet folks from the board!!

Lotus!!

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    *high five!*

Yeah, it will be fun to meet everyone. :D

21. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    Whew!

I got our confirmation today too! :)

I was beginning to wonder if we were going to be all-dressed-up-with-no-place-to-go.

22. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    I haven't received my confirmation yet, but I am hopeful-I sent it out the day before Nostradamus-so maybe I'll get it tommorrow.
    qs

23. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah Nostra!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Quincy's costume. I loved the pictures on your website..:) They were awesome!!

Congradulations!!
    Lotus!

24. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Well, now I'm getting discouraged. All these folks already got confirmations and I haven't heard anything yet :(

25. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I'm in, I'm in, I'm in (I've been literally bouncing aroung the house saying this since I just got my confirmation!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.