main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Contest at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Handyman, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Hurray!!! I got in! I got in! *trying to be quiet, cause I still in class* I just got my conformation! I entered in as a 2 person entry. I'm wearing Pademe's rainbow dress and my fiance is going as Anakin in his jedi robes! Can't wait to see you all there!

2. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Congrats! Lucky you, you can convince your soon to be spouce to dress in costume:)

3. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Everyone be sure to post pictures of yourselves in costume, after the contest is over! If I can't go to CII, I still want to see everyone all done up!

4. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Mirax H - It took a lot of convincing to get him to dress up, but it the end he even agreed to cutting hair like a padawan. (I am very good at maniplating him) That and he likes to see me happy.

5. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Hmm, even cut his hair. You must have been very convincing, lol!

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Yay! Another successful entrant! :~)

But....

I haven't heard back yet. I'm getting a bit nervous/anxious/scared......

<begins biting nails>

7. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    Gentlebant-I hope you get in!!But if not and you would still like to walk on stage-you are more than welcome to be one of my handmaidens. I have one rounded up already in the burgandy/scarlet cloak and underdress. You can got to 2002 costume projects and there are a few scans of bits and pieces of my pre-senate costume so you can see if it is up to your standards. I think it is on page 9-11 somewhere. I'll have more pics around here soon-I just need to take the time to pick up the camera.
    Queenseamstress

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    We're in! We're in!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!

9. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    *Mirax turns cartwheels around the room*

I'm in, I'm in!! What a relief!!!
    Can't wait to see what everyone else has planned.

Regards,
    M.

10. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    <high fives Mirax> We made it! Woohoo! This is going to be so--neato! I just know I'm going to be in awe of the talent from around this forum!

11. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey, do you guys ever wonder what other talent is out there? As in people not on TFN? I mean I'm just curious as to what other costumes might show up, that aren't talked about it this thread.

EDIT: Apparently I can't spell tonight.

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm certain that we will get to see quite a bit of "talent-from-beyond" this thread...I'm so very much looking forward to seeing what so many of you master-costumers have done, that I can't even begin to say so!

13. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Speaking of the contest, I finished my undertunics, pants, obi, and tabards for my Jedi costume today, and I cut out the cloak, so tomorrow I'll finish the cloak and belt. After that, I'll be ready to start on my handmaiden costume! :D So QS, prepare yourself for lots of emails.

14. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Feel free to email me all you want Kirsten! I can't wait to see one of my handmaidens!
    I finally figured out the correct engineering of the penguin sleeves into the bodice of the pre-senate gown-those darn beads hanging all over hid all the seams and left everyone guessing! I just finished putting in the linings and will sew them into the bodice tonight...the taffeta looks pretty darn spiffy if I do say so myself...even though I had to pay out the rear for the right colour...it is definitely worth it though...
    GB-I also can't wait to see everyone elses creations! I have definitely put my heart into this costume...

15. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I too am anxious to see what other talent there is out there. I know there are other costumers out there. I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling a bit out of place with some of the fantastic costumes that will be entered. I hope I don't embarass myself!

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Embarass yourself? Not at all! I saw your pictures and they were wonderful. :)

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    BTW--I hope that everyone has time to introduce ourselves...I'm looking forward to meeting the myriad of very talented folks who post around here!

18. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Mirax-I checked out your site...didn't know there was so many uses for silver Sculpey! ha ha ha...Is that what the slave jewelry and bra and belt are made of?
    Indiana can be kinda breezy...so I would definitely wear something under the little skirt! he he he It is really cute though! And I like your new Leia jewelry! So far I have only used Sculpey on the officer greeblies...

19. studiocreations

studiocreations Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Bwhahahahahahaa

I am 25% finished with my costumes for the Celebration Costume Contest. Death to all in the technology category.

Bwhahahahahahahahahaa

-sc

(Studio Creations has been sniffing too much hotglue)

20. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Queenseamstress thinks it would be funny if some unknown pulled something absolutely spectacular out of their a** and surprised Studio...
    Seriously-good luck Studio-and I hope it is truly as great as you are telling everyone it is...but I must say that I have seen some of the costumes that are going to be entered...and from a few of them I have seen...it is a good thing they are entering under different categories-they are too modest to do so, so I'll toot their horns for them...(COUGH! COUGH! Nostradamus! COUGH! COUGH!Obi-Dawn! COUGH! COUGH!)Remember Kevin Nealon's character on SNL Subliminal Man?
    Moohoowahahahahahahaha!
    QS

21. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    Studio-I am just teasing you...you will have to excuse my warped dry sense of humor...

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, I sorta like your sense of humor! ;)

And, we can't forget the gorgeous work being done by *cough*qs*cough*. :)

So, what is Studio making anyway?

23. queenseamstress

Jan 30, 2002
    He never did say...I have seen the blasters and some of the stormtrooper type stuff he has done...it's pretty good! Maybe he wants it to be a surprise...

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Maybe he'll show up as the Gonk droid. That would rule! :D

25. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    While I have no idea what Jeff and the StudioCreations team are up to for CII, I can promise that you'll know it's them when you see whatever it is coming, and that it will be thoroughly groovy. And I have no doubt that it will blow everyone else in the tech category out of the water.

I'm bummed I won't get to be there for the unveiling... sigh.

-sg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.