Costume Contest Official Complaint

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    I know this is *way* after the fact, but I'm just now catching this. I've already had a few discussions with some of you, or in other threads on this topic, but I'm hoping you all don't mind me chiming in one more time.

First--
    Congrats again to the winners!
    And, thank you to whoever stuck to their guns and actually got the costume contest on the official schedule, AND got Trisha to judge. That, in my mind, is a great first step.

However--
    *Communication seemed a bit confused and inconsistent. This was true about times, length, meeting places, and catagories, as well as the actual judging criteria.
    *Timing and the long-endless-darkened-hallway...yeowch. Beforehand wasn't as bad, but while waiting for the judging, it was terrible. By then, the audience had seen all the acts/costumes, so what would it have hurt to let us all out into the ballroom? A great way to pass that tremendous amount of time would have been to replay the video, either for us in the hallway (um, TV on wheely cart, anyone? :~D ), or for the whole audience with us included in it. If I'm not mistaken, the judging took longer than the contestant presentation time. Also, for those of us who had LONG flights home and had to work the next day, it cut us out of the awards completely. I allowed an extra hour and a half past when the contest was supposed to end, and still didn't get to see the end. Bummer.
    *Video--:~(
    *Random thought--what if Trisha put in her opinions on the judging, excused herself for a few minutes, and came back to speak with us a few at a time? I would have been much less disappointed if I even got to say "Hi, thanks, wow" to her, and maybe got a handshake in. It would have made the whole hallway experience quite a bit more tolerable.

Finally--
    I really, really hope that the folks-who-have-power see the fun aspect of the contest and hold onto it, learn from the concerns many of us had, and find a way to improve this for Cel III, and DON'T see this as one headache not worth their time.

Thanks again for allowing me to ramble on, and I really, really hope I develop the "guts" before Cel III to actually go up and talk to you folks in person next contest!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.