main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Costume contest

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TK1571, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TYKEN_BLADE

TYKEN_BLADE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2004
    Hey fellow geeks, we also have a Buffy and Angel encylopedia coming sat night, just in case the throw a few of those in there. ( witch I think they will )

2. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Excellent, i am sure they will throw some of them...

Hope u got my photos that i sent ya bud.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    DO we have to bring out own nibbles and drinks? These things are usually BYO.....

Looks like we have a great table with a good mix knowledge.... :D Should be fun!

4. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    Maybe we should do that since i wont last till 10.30 without anything to nibble...

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I could nibble on your ear TK is that against Imperial protocal? :p :p Yes, I'm in a ratbag and very happy mood.... :D :D

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Dear A-D,

In response to your query regarding ear-nibbling protocol I refer you to Section VII, Paragraph 5(c) of the Imperial Forces Service Manual.

"Whereas the first party (hereinafter known as the nibblee), consents to the action by the second party (hereinafter known as the nibbler), such activities must be undertaken under the supervision of a senior officer. Furthermore such activities are not to exceed a contiguous duration of five minutes, wherein a cessation of aforementioned activity of not less than one minute is required before subsequent resumption."

I trust this clarifies our position. Enjoy your evening.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Eh? Damn you Imperials!! You manage to suck the living fun out of everything!!! :p

8. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    Yes well like D_M said imperial protocol prevents me from replying directly to that offer :D I dont think ABS plastic tastes all that good either....

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    How boring is the EMPIRE?!?! Let me count the ways!?!

10. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Spoke to Margaret again. There will be tea, coffee and hot chocolate available, but we can bring our own soft drinks and nibbles..... so our ears should be safe ... otherwise we'd have had to put A-D on a table by herself. :D

As for dinner, yes it is early, but TK has suggested the London Tavern - in the Myer centre, off North Terrace. Rather than try to organise the group I suggest that anyone who is interested meet there from 5:30 pm onwards for beverages and light refreshments, and then meet up at the SAM afterwards.

How does that sound?

11. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    Sounds good to me DM, will take my DS helmet for u...

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    By myself? :( :_|

But you all love me!!!!!!!! :_|

Eh, I'll live....will bring my own block of Cadbury and not share it, that'll teach you lot!! [face_devil]

Might get there around 6.30 or so to have a pre quiz coke with you lot.....I have to slow down, pushing myself to hard and over doing it a little. :( Justifier said if I don't slow down I can't come out with you lot.....so am resting today!

13. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Yes A-D, please take it easy.

And you can sit with us as long as you promise not to nibble anyone's ears :D

Unless we win the quiz, then I guess a celebratory nibble would be OK. I'll have to check the manual.... ;)

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    If we win I'll be kissing you all.....check that in your manual Imp Boy!! :p [face_devil]

15. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Well if I wasn't motivated before, I am now [face_blush]

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey DM looking forward to tonight....need the cheer up....my results came back today...not good...need more surgery, and radio therapy and if the second surgery shows bad stuff...chemo.....so need to be cheered up tonight.

17. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    TK and I will have a drink waiting for you at the Tavern tonight. Want something a little stronger than the coke :)

Got to sign off now - Will talk to you later.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Scotch and coke? I think I will need it..... thanks.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, that was a good night and thanks to TK for the Scotch and coke! ;)

We came second and beat alot of 'Trekkies' so it was so worth it!! But come on Trek dudes, the only two SW questions were "Who played Han Solo and Name the Two Droids?" Cripes, give us a hard one will ya??!!

20. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

You serious, man even I can answer those... I think :p

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It was like "OH Come on!" and we all groaned....then ISPY made some smart**** comment that made us all laugh...he did that all night....nearly made him wear my hot chocolate at one stage.......he's a funny man!

22. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Thanks guys for a very entertaining evening :)

My A-D, that was a very restrained report ;)

Where are the photo's?

BTW, I went back to the SAM today to checkout the Trek Exhibition - its worth it for a look at the Borg costumes. Those two Klingons were there as well. These people do change out of their costumes ..... don't they????

And the young Meanders had their photo taken on "The Captain's Chair". See, I'm a good parent. My kids get a well balanced upbringing, and get exposed to other SF franchises from time to time :D

Edit: The name of the robot in Alien (1979) was Ash, played by Ian Holm (www.imdb.com is my friend - next quiz night we get set up with a wireless net connection :) )

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL!!! Why am I not surprised you looked that answer up DM!? I was at the SAM today as well! I took my kids to see the exhibition but did one better!! We sat in on the Klingon Conversation Class!! Luke came home and bounded in the door to yell Ka Plah!! at his father!!! He learned something! :D It was interesting and there was some SW stuff there...I looked. Did your kids get the silver costumes made? Cassie did, she's taking it to school for show and tell tomorrow.

It's was a great night, and after you said "you're not going to tell any lies about tonight on the net are you?" I decided to keep it to a minimum so I'd not stretch any truths.... :p

24. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Yes, Miss Meanders got a silver costume, but decided to take it off halfway back to the car - was attracting too many looks. But it was back on as soon as she got home, redesigned, studied in the mirror. She's only just taken it off and gone to bed :)

Don't let a few little lies get in the way of a good story A-D :D

P.S. They did a spot about the Star Trek display on channel seven news tonight. From the news prsenter, "... and we'll leave you tonight with some images from the Star Trek exhibition at the South Australian Museum. May the force be with you. Goodnight" [face_slaps_head]

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Lies? Me??? Please..........

Cassie loved hers and wandered down Rundle Mall afterward in it...she wore it into Woolies when I went to get a chicken for dinner and grinned at everyone who smiled at her! :D

OK.....Tyken won the costume contest after a 'play off' with TK of Rock Paper Sissors....then ISPY wanted the prize as the costume was his....

Gav will never live down his answer of 'Carousel' as we all still wish to know....how he knew that! He cried in vain, "Oh Great I'm Helping!" And something tells me the names of the three robots was not Curly Mo and Larry..... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.