main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Contest

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Periidot, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I had forgotten about that "other" convention. A gift certificate for merchandise, except the contest is the last event of the day, so the convention is OVER by the time you win! I really did just laugh about it, for the only merchandise was photographs. Woo hoo. I just kept the cerficate.

Nonetheless, I have tried to email Anne Brown on 3 differnent occasions, only to be told her mailbox is full. (WTF?)

I recommend we ALL email her, as to increase the chances of improving these problems. I wasnt that excited of a Darth Maul in a STORE BOUGHT mask beating real sculptors.

I have been in a dozen contests, and it really should have come down to the Ithorian (with friends) in there there somewhere, and I can speak in all modesty:: My own Plo Koon should have made it by sheer degree of difficulty alone. Rubber Mask my @$$.

2. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Hey, I didn't win anything either. But, as much money as they made off of this convention, I think that the winners should have gotten something better than a medal and a blurry polaroid.

3. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Well, I had absolutely no expectations of winning, nor any expectations of what prizes would be. Someone in one of the lines told me they had seen the medals and I believe they were hand sculpted. I figured they would have something like that or trophy, (the medals are better I think) and I thought perhaps any autograph from Anthony Daniels. I will say when they kept saying to make sure to pick up your certificate if you are a winner, I thought it was a gift certificate to the Fan Club Store. Although it wasn't, I'm not in the least dissapointed and am actually thrilled with my medal, especially getting Anthony Daniels to sign it.

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I applaud you Mirax. :)
    And congrats again!! It was a blast meeting you.

5. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Thank you Obi Dawn and it was a pleasuere meeting you and seeing your beautiful dress in person!

6. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey, those medals were great. What are you all going to do with them?

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I will make a Celebration shrine based around the official poster (if it ever arrives in the mail ::grumble::)

I will hang my Passes, the medal my baby got, and perhaps my Plo Koon head on it.

I already have a waiting list of things to be hung on my wall. If you have checked out my Costume site, particularly my

Clone War Jedi

You would see what I have to deal with.

8. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Whoa, that mutilated guy is foul.....

9. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I will be hanging mine on my wall in my SW room along with all my other autographs (since Anthony Daniels signed it). Now just gotta find the wall space for all those autographs, posters, etc. Yikes! I need a new house already!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.