main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Corner (Star Wars Costume Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002

[b][color=darkmagenta][u]Costume Corner (Star Wars Costume Discussion Thread):[/u][/color][/b]
    Okay as you have guessed this thread is devoted completely to your cool Star Wars Costume designs. Come and share your ideas and even tell about your costumes as the need arises, perhaps post some of your many great Star Wars costumes that you have either made or bought. We'd love to see them all! [face_happy]
    [hr][/blockquote]

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I had my an Indiana Jones costume of sorts, then I grew out of it... I?m going to get another though, you just watch.

3. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah, I have a somewhat cool Sith outfit, but it sure does get pretty hot fast. [face_laugh] Don't ever wear black out on a hot day for any reason! [face_laugh]

4. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I don't remember how long ago but I had designed at least 10 more costumes for Padme in Episode 3, but I don't think George Lucas is going to get them and I wish he did for I worked hard on them and they'd be great for Padme. :)

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh, did you send them to him Mertroid? What did they look like? could you descrbe them?

6. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    No I couldn't send them to him for one I don't have his address. If I did they'd be sent out immediately. And it's hard to describe what they look like. :)

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh, too bad you couln't scan them, for Ican post them for you! :)

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Actually if anything we now have a great costum designer/prop maker at our thread, please welcome JangoFett316 :)

9. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I hav to give you some credit, for you are ood at what you do. :)

11. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Greetings from the OC Fanforce! We are gearing up for Comic-Con and starting costuming workshops for those that want a Jedi costume in time for the Comic-Con. If you are interested in attending the workshops, you are more than welcome to attend.

The first workshop will be on Saturday April 26th. It will consist of pattern and fabric cutting and layout. Please visit this thread for more information.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10991089&replies=5

If you have any questions just let us know.

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, you guys here that? this maybe you big chance to learn how to make these costumes you've always wondered about. :) I my not be able to go, but one of our members must to bring info back for us on what they learned. So take notes. [face_laugh]

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    The workshops will be done in several steps. We will actually be making the costuems at these meetings. The first meeting will consist of Pattern and fabric cutting. The costuming workshops will continue until the costumes are completed for the Con.

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, I will look into seeing if I may go. What costumes exactly are going to be made?

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Basic Jedi w/ some variations. Only because we feel these are the easiest to complete with the amount of time before the con. The pattern info is located on our thread. Anyone coming will need their patterns, fabric, fabric shears and straight pins.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay :) I will look into it, it sounds like a great idea.

17. Venn-Zanos

Venn-Zanos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    I've been know to be handy with a thread and a needle, If any one needs some help, just ask.

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hmm, sounds interting. Well, for those of you that are intested, please attend that meeting, I would like to have atleast one of our members tere. :)

19. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh that sounds fun! :D
    Awesome, your very own costume! YEAH! :D
    Yeah well I guess I could scan them and send them to you Stridarious to post but I'll need to fix them up first. :)

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay sounds cool :)

21. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I think I have about 20 but I'll get as many as possible to you. :)
    Or Jango who, probably you. lol :D

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay I would probably go ahead and ask for them to be sent to me. I will post them as soon as I recieve them.

23. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
  24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    hmm...seems Venn-Zanos is now busy [face_laugh] I mean I asked him for help and now you did too [face_laugh]

25. Venn-Zanos

Venn-Zanos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    Well making a jedi costume isn't the easiest thing to do, if you really wan't one, and arn't going to sit around and be lazy letting others do the work for you. I woulds be glad to help you with your costumes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.