Costume Craze & The Rubies

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by fauxvader, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fauxvader Jedi Padawan

So here is the deal......Rubies supreme vader costume...
    Myself being a Vader fan for pretty much as long as I can remember I have always been looking for the ultimate costume but to be honest here I am not at all impressed.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a nice costume but it has some major faults...for example...
    The shoulder armor is modelded after EPIII but the mask and helmet are actually a recast from ESB that was produced by Don Post Studios so the two together don't match.....The armor is way too thin, the cloaks are not the right material either (The original was wool...for those not in the know) In Rubies Defense, The Mask is Awesome and a fantastic starting point.
    It may seem that I am being pissy about it but I am currently constructing my own costume (ESB) and it's not cheap if you want to be authentic.
    I suppose the Rubies costume is good for the quick fix or for a fan who does not want to commit to such a huge project but I can't help feeling duped a bit.
    I would be happy to chat to anyone else out there who has an opinion or has built their own costume or even anyone who can defend the Rubies.
    After studying the Rubies costume (In great detail) I think I will definitly keep working on my own construction until proven otherwise.
    May The Force Be With You All !!!!!!!!!

PS. I will be taking pics of the whole construction process so anyone interested, let me know.
  2. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm interested! probably too late huh? I WAS IN RUSSIA!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.