Costume event for July 2-3 at Crossroads - Men in Black II

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey gang, Crossroads Theaters in Cary loved what we did so much for Star Wars that they want us to do it again - this time for Men in Black II !! ;)

Friday July 2 eventing or Saturday July 3 afternoon, wear your black tux, communication ear piece, dark sunglasses, (extra credit for coming as an alien with a pug dog and an empty super soaker) and come troup with me!!!! :D

What will you do? You will investigate for aliens who break the perimeter, impound UFOs busting aliens breaking the galactic code. You will check ID's, report back to HQ, maybe be interviewed by local TV stations, maybe make it on national TV if we're lucky.

If you're really get brave, you can join us in the MIB rap song [face_devil]

What's in it for you? Bottom line - you come in costume - U get in free! :D
  2. Padawan311 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That sounds like a blast! I'll have to get me a black suit together for that event! Great Idea!
  3. chuckreis Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well I do have a black suit and a pair of RayBan Wayfarers... just not sure on the dates yet. How much notice do you need?
  4. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No notice needed, Chuck. If you know you can make it there, respond here so that Crossroads management knows how many passes to present to us. If your schedule is not certain until game time, just show up.

After that, it's easy, you're there and you're in! You just have to see me, and I'll hook us up with the community relations manager to get us in.

I'm planning to be there around 5PM Wednesday July 3 in time before the evening crowd and get into a 9PM showing.

Then again Saturday morning July 6 around 10:30-11AM for a kids costume event and get into a noon-ish showing.

We'll just do exactly like the 501st stormtroopers do.

One note about the water pistols. Note that the 501st never point their weapon at the crowd. You hold it up against your chest, you shoulder it, holster it, or you point it down at the ground.

Who's good at electronics or has a small two way radio? I want to hook up a two-way to the pug and make him talk like Frank the Pug in the movie. Won't that be a hoot?

Ladies should do the black pants suit, black tie, white blouse, with raybans. Guys, tuxes or black suits, black tie, white shirt with raybans. Super soakers and water pistols are optional and should be empty.

Who's got a very frienly pug? If not we'll have to go to ToysRUS and get a fake. Ohmigosh! that will be a trip if we can make Frank the Pug wisecrack to the crowd. :D
  5. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds cool :D but I don't think I have all that stuff. Alls I have on that list is some black pants and even then I don't know if they are the right kind. What are raybans? Its been a while since I've watched Men In Black but we have it so I should go watch it again. The sequel looks really funny. I just went to see LOTR again (3rd time) and it was the first time I saw that preview at the end for Two Towers. That is such a good movie, there are going to be lots of good movies this year.
  6. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Raybans are a brand of sunglasses, Natalie. We're going to have another costume event soon - July 26 for Austin Powers Goldmember. Same thing - come in late 60's polyester, tiedyes and bellbottoms look like you're going to a Woodstock concert / love-in - Get in to the movie free. :D

LOTR Two Towers is the BIG event on December 19. Wait till you see what I have cooked up for Lord of the Rings - Two Towers! Ohmigosh- It'll make my AOTC event look like a Mc Donalds kiddie party. ;)
  7. chuckreis Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Full scale war? I'll see what I can do about getting my genetically breed wolves and eagles. Might loose a few onlookers but that the price you have to pay sometimes :)
  8. Entropy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LotR is still in theaters? Where is it playing?
  9. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "LotR is still in theaters? Where is it playing? "

When nothing seems to be playing out there always check Blue Ridge... I mean Harry Potter is out on video and Blue Ridge is still playing it on screen. Not to mention the wonderful price of 1.50, just can't go wrong. I think this weekend I am going to see A Beautiful Mind, I've heard such good things about it.
  10. Padawan311 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "A Beautiful Mind" is a great movie Natalie, I really liked it alot, and you surely cant go wrong for $1.50. I need to check that theater out!
  11. dinoX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Fellowship of the Ring comes out on DVD in August. :D
  12. Padame_Karen Jedi Youngling

Natlie - Just thought I'd mention if you wanted a pair of sunglasses for the MIB thing .. Raybans are expensive but you can buy look alikes at Target.

That event sounds like a lot of fun!! I hope to make it to one soon. I can't make the June 15th one ..I will be lounging at the beach drinkin some beverages and takin in some rays. :)

13. chuckreis Jedi Youngling

star 1
    There is no substitute for Ray Bans :)

They are the best.
  14. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am ignorant in the ways of sunglasses. I think cause I have yet to find some that look right on me.
  15. chuckreis Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Actually the only kind of sunglasses that look right on me (in my opinion) are Ray Ban Way Farers. The price is kinda high but the quality is great.
  16. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Those who do not have super soakers! One may substitute a copy of any National Enquirer or any other supermarket rag with an alien on it, so you can go up to a theater patron and point to the front cover and say, "'scuse me, but have you seen any alien like THIS around?" Hey, we Men in Black know where to get our true news from, right?!!!! :D
  17. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey peoples, I've locked in the times for the MIB II promo.

Wed. July 3 - 5-9 PM

Saturday July 6 , 10AM-12 noon

Special guests, Pug Rescue of NC . I hear one of the pugs in attendance will look just like Frank the Pug from the movie.
    I'll be in charge of the costume and trivia contest. Come to one, the other, or both!

I've invited back the local 501st stormtroopers as well.

18. jadesaber2 Jedi Master

star 5
    So what do you do if you need to wear regular glasses just to see? I've got a pair of prescription sunglasses, but they don't look like Ray Bans.
  19. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    All you need is the black suit (pants suit for the ladies), black tie, white shirt, black shoes.

Sunglasses are a must, and RayBans are preferred, but I certainly won't take off any extra credit for non-standard uniform :D

Any sunglasses brand is ok.
  20. jadesaber2 Jedi Master

star 5
    Oh. Ok. In any case, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. At least not without a whole lot of questions from my parents. :p
  21. JediMasterLeBleu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    When is the first showing of MIB2? Are they having a show on July 2nd?
  22. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Looks like the first showings will be on the morning of July 3 around 9AM. No plans locally as far as I can tell for a midnite show.
  23. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't forget to bring your super soakers or Nintendo scopes / toy rifles. I recommend either painting them chrome or wrapping them in aluminum foil for that shiny effect.

Here's my press release!
    Press Release: Star Wars Fan Force joins with Pug Rescue of North Carolina for Men In Black II promotion.

Memmbers of the Raleigh Star Wars Fan Force and the North Carolina 501st Southern Garrison of stormtroopers will join together with the Pug Rescue of North Carolina to help promote the premiere of Men in Black II, this Wednesday, July 3, between 5 and 9 PM and Saturday, July 6, between 10 AM and noon, at Crossroads 20 Theaters in Cary.

Coming on the heels of success of the promotion of Star Wars II : Attack of the Clones at the same theater this past May, the local Star Wars Fan Force broadens its scope with both fun and a touch of seriousness.

The fun will commence as members dress as Men In Black agents and stormtroopers. There will be a costume contest and trivia contest.

The more serious, community service aspect of this event will come from the Pug Rescue of North Carolina. A local representative of the organization, Jane Smith, will be on hand with some of her own pugs.

Jane will be there to help disseminate info and provide education to movie patrons on the adoption, vaccination, and care of the breed.

(As one might know, one of the main characters in Men In Black II is Frank the Pug, an agent / informant for the government agency protecting the public from the "scum of the universe." )

It's our mutual hope that hope of what happened after the viewing of 101 Dalmations, where many patrons went out and bought Dalmation puppies, only later to be released enmasse to animal shelters, can be avoided through education about the pugs.

For more info on the Star Wars Fan Force, go to http://www.fanforce.net.

For more info on the Pug Rescue of North Carolina, go to http://www.pugrescuenc.org

For more info on the 501st Southern Garrison stormtroopers, go to http://www.501stnc.com

For any other questions or concerns, please contact Don Weinstein at 672-6930 or donweinstein@yahoo.com
  24. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Will you be there at all those times Don? And who will be coming? I might be able to come but I don't have anything to dress up in, maybe I can help you all out with the Pugs. Everything has been very hectic lately but I am looking forward to having July 4th off and I'm glad they have not canceled the show down at the fairgrounds. I hope it dosen't rain though because the last time I was in Raleigh for the 4th it rained real sudden and real heavy, but it was great anyway :) .
  25. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If you're really get brave, you can join us in the MIB rap song

If you are still going on the weekend or sometime Friday night, I'll be more than happy to participate in the MIB rap song. Heck, I'll even rap it for ya if ya want. I'll have to watch the video to get the new moves down and listen to song for a while to get the lyrics down, but hey, not like I haven't done that before. 8-} The only problem I would have is the whole costume thing. I'm way too poor to afford a suit or even ray-bans, but I could come out and there and do the rap song. As long as I can get into the movie it'll be all good. Just lemme know about this and holla back!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.