Costume event for July 2-3 at Crossroads - Men in Black II

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Natalie, I'll be there for both events since I'm in charge of them, and I'm running the costume contest, & trivia contest.
    July 3 5PM-9PM
    July 6 10AM-noon

Any hey psycho-jedi, I just went to Goodwill and bought a black suit for $11. Don't worry about the raybans.

And if you don't have a super soaker, don't worry, I just got some cheezy UFO magazines from the 70's from American Nostalgia in South HIlls Mall. It'll look like we're really looking for the latest breaking news info on aliens ;) ;)

I don't want anyone to get into serious debt for these two time fun events. Just get as close to the real thing as you can.

Don't go blowing $200 to get suited up for this. That's just plain nuts. There will be lots more events coming up to get dressed up for, like Treasure Planet, Lord of the Rings Two Towers. Don't go overboard on costumes. please please please.

2. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I'll be looking for a black suit somewhere. Some of my friends might have one I could borrow. I can make the Wed. showing, but the only thing is I won't be able to show up until like 7 or 7:15 at the latest, I have to work until 6:30. I would still love to stop by and meet some people and see the movie with y'all, that would be cool. I'm just wondering about would that be too late to get a ticket?
  3. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Well it seems one of the people I work with has a suit, I tried it on today and it is a bit on the big side but it will work. I'm not sure what I will wear for shoes yet, since nothing seems to go right and I don't have a tie. Is anyone bringing extra stuff? My dad might have a tie but that means I might have to wait for him to get home and he is not coming straight home from work, but maybe If I find one someone there can help me tie it because I have no idea how. Anyway it looks like I might be coming in costume after all. :)
  4. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome, you two! 7:15 is fine, psycho, and Natalie, thanks! Stay hydrated, it will be hot hot hot today!!!
  5. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Word, I'll try to be there as close to 7:15 as possible. I just remembered that I have to walk back to my dorm and get my car. And how long that will take depends on how early my relief gets there to replace me. I won't be in costume however due to the fact that I left all my dressy stuff at home and stuff like that. But I'll come and see what's up and chill with y'all and help y'all out however I can. Oh yeah, I'll be there no later than 7:30 though, as long as the traffic knows it's role and gets out of my way 8-}. HOLLA!!!
  6. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ohhhhhhhh........since it's hot maybe I can bring some Gatorade when I get there. I wanna at least feel like I'm doing something helpful by showing up. 8-}
  7. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    How did things go last night? I was planning on showing up but work has been way to killer for me to get up the steam to do anything.

Any pictures taken that we could post on the site?

Are you still planning it for Saturday also? I might be able to show up for that one.
  8. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually...It went rather well!! :D Outside of the movie gm going nutzoid that there were (gasp!) pug dogs in the theater!!! it was way cool! Candace, her bro Matt, and I were there in full MIB agent stuff. I had chromed up a Nintendo gun and my super soaker. Dave Brainard, my bud from work, took some major pics... so I should have a bunch to send out come Monday.

Chuck, ya missed a photo op extraordinare! Janet Smith from the NC Pug Rescue was there with 3 pugs in tuxes no less. It was so hot. The management of the movies would not let them stay inside the lobby...some bs about health dept risks...the guy was having a conniption fit they were inside,so we snaped a few pics and then went outside to get hot and sweaty.... Poor Janet was a trooper with her kids and 3 pugs, Cinnamon, Honey, and the 3rd one. The pugs were eating up popcorn on the ground and lying flat on the concrete to try to stay cool.

Channel 17 was there with Sandra Shaw and did some teasers leading up to 6:30 PM when we went live. Sandra is so pretty. She actually thanked me letting her know about this fun event so they could cover it. I guess the news people have it rough having to cover yukky parts of depressing news, so anytime they go light, it's a blessing.

Natalie and Chris (psycho-jedi) hung out and trouped the cinema inside till 8PM. I had given two people the movie trivia quiz, and each I gave a MIB II tshirt. Natalie and Chris got a tshirt. Management gave me some MIB II hats,but no one showed up for the costume contest.

We all went to din din at the Japanese restaurant Habachi Grille around 8PM.

We all came back and saw MIB II for FREE. Minor bummer tho--we thought the trailer for Lord of the Rings:Two Towers was in our theater, but turned out it was not there...it was in theaters 1 and 11, not # 20. They only got 2 trailer reels for 3 MIB II reels. Not a big deal.
  9. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    It sounds as if your event was a success! Congrats! :D
  10. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow sounds like a grest time! As soon as you can get me the pics I will get them online.

I did get a chance to see the movie on Friday night and liked it quite a bit, but alas I did not get to see the trailer either.
  11. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing the Two Towers trailer. The Chub Chub's cartoon wasn't too bad though. 8-}
  12. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I saw the article in the paper, the pugs were so cute, to bad I missed them. That was a lot of fun, to bad I couldn't get there sooner though and I missed Saturday, how did that go? I thought the movie was great and Frank was the best! I think he had some of the best lines in the movie. It was pretty cool to be waved into a movie with no ticket :p I've never done that before. The theater shouldn't be to mad at us about the pugs though....I mean it did get them some press which I'm sure they don't mind. Ohhhh and Yoda arm wrestling Vader was hilarious :D they had some pretty funny stuff in that cartoon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.