main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume fittings - Indy IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Mitchellhallock, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitchellhallock

Mitchellhallock Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2001
    FYI-

My friend got picked as a "professor" as he walked in yesterday and went back today for his costume fitting - it took about an hour to get him the right clothes, and he has to shave his beard -- a small price to pay to be a part of "movie magic" -- the papers also had a story about a local fella picked to be a football player! The rest of us are still waiting for the phone to ring!

Congrats to all!

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Thanks for the update.

3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I envy your friend.

4. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    A shaven-headed professor? in the fifties?

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Shave his beard, not his head.

6. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Ah, my mistake. That makes fully ten times more sense now.

7. Mitchellhallock

Sep 27, 2001
    Still no word -- oh, well -- there is a Martin Lawrence film having a casting call this Sunday in New Haven -- but it ain't no Billy Dowd Casting Agency -- and it certianly isn't up there with a film like the classic Indiana Jones series... but if there are any folks who want to be in movies, go to the Lincoln Theater in New Haven on Sunday at 1:eek:o - I saw the article in the New haven Independent - its foa a film called "College Road Trip"

8. CTJones

CTJones Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2007
    Don't give up just yet. I've heard they need a lot of extras ... between 400 and 900 extras. I just got my call this morning (Friday) to be an extra. I am a member of SAG, so I'm sure that helped me. Movies need a certain # of SAG actors/extras on the set each day. Shooting in New Haven begins June 28th. Hopefully you will get a call from Billy Dowd on Monday or Tuesday. How many people do you think showed up for the open calls? 1,500? 2,000?

9. DruVirus

DruVirus Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2007
    Could either of you possibly send me an email (at LeashedHanyou@aol.com) of what the number is that you called? I got a call back on Tuesday afternoon, but my father accidently deleted it off the answering machine before I could get the message, or the number.

Thank you in advance, if you could.

10. Mitchellhallock

Sep 27, 2001
    Well that is good to hear - congrats - I still am hoping that the dog walking extra might be my next way to get in -- I have my 2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever, named Indiana, I even showed the casting woman a photo - when they asked if you owned a dog. I had a picture of him with my 7 year old son, Owen, that I left behind with them - stapled to my 8x10 , and Mr. Dowd was reading Entertainment Weekly, I pointed out that I was on page 6 of it, and he tore the article out and stapled that to my 8x10 as well. Here's hoping that something will work in my favor and I will keep the faith a bit longer!

11. DruVirus

DruVirus Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2007
    Oooh! I'm sure you will get in, as long as they know the dogs will be usable. My dog would be a total mess at a thing like that. Obedience is the furthest thing from my dog's mind.

But, .. do you think you could ask your friend for the number he called? It'd be great if I could get it. x_X My dad goes, "Oh. The casting director called." I get all excited, .. go to check the machine, .. it isn't there. Dad responds "Hm. Maybe I deleted it." e__e;; So, I'm left numberless. *sigh*

12. CTJones

CTJones Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2007
    DruVirus, email Billy Dowd ... genrecasting@yahoo.com. Explain what happened in your email.

13. DruVirus

DruVirus Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2007
    Thanks! I couldn't even find his e-mail! Google failed me!

14. Mitchellhallock

Sep 27, 2001
    I guess dont call us = we'll call you is effect - as I havent heard a peep - oh well - it looks like my career as an extra is going downhill fast!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.