main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Costume Ideas & Places to get supplies/parts

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Isildur_42, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Jon, thanks for the estimate on the cost of making the "training sabers". I'd be happy to purchase one from you. Will you be at the picnic on the 5th? I'm going to try to make it so if you have any made, I can pick one up from you then. If not, we'll hook up at some other point. Appreciate your help on this! It sure beats broomsticks, don't you think Roger?

Bruce

2. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Yep, oh and I wasn't even thinking before but my son has got some of those toy light sabres that we have already banged up during our "duels" we could use those too. They are actually about the same weight as the FX sabers too.

3. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Duh!
    I wasn't even thinking about those toy lightsabers Roger, but that's a great idea! I have one of those and they might work out just fine.

4. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Bruce, I already have two, but go ahead and bring yours also if for nothing but us just beating the crap outta each other later [face_laugh]

5. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Beating the crap out of each other sounds like a plan to me Roger! You wouldn't think picnics could be so much fun, would you? :p

6. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh, I'm sure that if everyone in our group brought a lightsaber for the sole purpose of whacking each other on the noggin' it would be healthy for the entire group :p

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey I've got two of those toy sabers as well so don't think I won't smack you folks around if you get out of line at my Picnic!!! [face_laugh]

:p

8. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Oh Maleficant...promises, promises! =P~

Rog- We should get out our copies of ROTJ and start watching the final duel so we can get familiar with some of the moves. Unless of course, you'd prefer to work out our own version...

9. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Bruce, I've already been checking it out and its too short in my opinion so we will have to work on a way to spice it up even more... well thats assuming that you can't do that backflip like Luke did, in which case that would be truly impressive. But we will need to sit down and work it out together and eventually we will need to start going through the motions with the appropriate music playing in the background :cool:

10. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Thank goodness I'm not in on this. As Boba Fett, I'll just stand by and watch, amused.

And as Padme...I'll just swoon...

11. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well yeah, that doesn't require much rehearsing. And the only lines you'll need to remember as Fett are "as you wish" and "he's no good to me dead"

12. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    don't forget "Get em dad, pow pow pow!"

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    *shudders* yes, young Boba. My dad complained half the way through AOTC about how Boba Fett needed an arse busting. If was kinda funny when I thought about my dad "spanking" the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy.

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    <<Oh, I'm sure that if everyone in our group brought a lightsaber for the sole purpose of whacking each other on the noggin' it would be healthy for the entire group>>

Hey, another use for all my wedding lightsabers! Excellent.

15. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Roger- Great news!
    Don't ask how it happend, but when I woke up this morning, I was endowed with all the powers of The Force along with the fighting skills of the Jedi! So now I'll be able to do that back flip you were asking about when we re-enact THE DUEL. Isn't that wonderful?!
    Oh wait a minute... I lied.

But seriously folks, I agree that the fight at the end of ROTJ might be a tad short, so if you'd like to work out some other moves, that would be fine with me. And adding music sounds like a cool idea as well. This might actually turn out to be something pretty neato!

Bruce

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    As cool as this whole saber fight sounds, Roger is going to have limited vision in that helmet. So I recommend practicing with the helmet on. There was a good reason why Vader didn't move around much during those fights!! [face_laugh]

17. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Not to worry. I'll be wearing Padme's "lightbulb dress" from 'The Phantom Menace' during the duel so I figure that should even up the odds. ;)

Seriously though, that is a good suggestion having Roger wear the helmet during practice. I hadn't even thought about how limited his movements will be in that thing!

18. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh I had and I'm wondering about the wind resistance of the cape and the possibilities of me getting tangled in it. I have known from the beginning that this would not be "all too easy".

19. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah Roger, we really need to think this out considering your limitations in that thing. We may end up having to do this at about half speed just so there are no mishaps. And if you look back at the movie, it wasn't like they were going at it at the speed of light anyway. I think we can make this "impressive, most impressive" and still stay safe.

20. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well if you come to the picnic we can start working on it then. I expect to have everything except the chest bow and the belt by then anyway and those shouldn't affect movement much if any.

21. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm still hoping to make it to the picnic so we'll plan on working out some stuff there and see just how far we might be able to take this thing. If nothing else, bring along the helmet so you can get a feel for what it's going to be like when moving back and forth and to and fro and...well, you get the idea.

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ummm if you are planning on going to the picnic, please pm me. :D

23. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Maleficant-
    Sorry, I keep forgetting to PM you. That shall be taken care of immediately!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.