main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume Jewelry for SW Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by larame_kaine, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    I'm doing a costume from Star Wars: Legacy for C4 and I need to figure out how to do the wristband jewelry and the jewelry detail for the belt.
    Any ideas?

Here a pic of the char:
    [image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/9/96/Deliah_Blue.png/200px-Deliah_Blue.png]

2. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    I would try using Sculpey clay. Specifically the Superflex kind. It is more expensive than the regular Sculpey III stuff, but it is far more durable, and if you happen to bend it at all it won't snap on you. If you do use sculpey superflex, just make a slit in the back and they will bend enough to go right on your wrist without breaking. I would also, if it were me, make some holes so I could sew in some sort of closure, maybe a snap or two right at the slit so it doesn't slide off. The stuff is fabulous, but with the superflex it is quite bendable and I wouldn't trust it to stay put without a grounding :D

I hope that helps some!! Of course you could always use the cheaper Sculpey III too. It is not bad, my only complaint is that it breaks easily when I've tried to do things like this before, because I always end up putting just a little too much stress on it.

Good luck!!

~N

3. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    My suggestion would be trying experiments with sculpy or sintra - depends on how much stress the pieces are going to be put under.

4. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Where can I get this stuff, in a craft store or do I have to order it online?

5. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Some craft stores have the sculpey superflex, yes, that is a good place to look. If not the internet does have it. I bought my superflex clay online, but I know they do have it at craft stores.

I don't know that much about sintra as I've never had a chance to use it yet. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.