Costume List

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by MotherPalpatine, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the list that was taken at the June 17th meeting. I have only listed costumes that we have, not what we would like. I always feel bad for people that post a list of costumes they want and will probably never get done. Especially when they have been talking about the same costume for years. So I will not put anyone in that position. (You can do that yourself)

Charles--Anakin, EP. II-III, Obi Wan, EP. I, Boba Fett, Samari Armour, Ren garb, Serious Black (I know I did not get the spelling correct but my mind is a blank)

Tiffany--Padme, EP. III NIght gown, Ren garb

Josh--Darth Vader

Barry--Obi Wan, EP. IV, Count Dooku, Black Jedi, Traveller Ren garb

Bette--(The short list) Ren garb, Random Sith, Family (from the Omega Man), Sacared Keeper of Time, Mother Palpatine, Battlestar Galactica, V(rebel), Vampire, various forms of Dead; (Dead on my Feet, Awakened from a Dead Sleep, Half Dead, Dead Tired, and so forth) East Indian, Gypsy, WoodNymph, Kinglon (original series) Magenta from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, etc...

Cheryl--Ren garb

Derek--Anakin, EP. II sans boots

Greg, Liz and Jerry had no costumes at the June 17th meeting. Now, however that may change.

See you guys later.

Golda Palpatine, Supreme Grand Moff Keeper of the Secret Decoder Ring Queen Mother Power Behind the Throne Dowager Empress Bearer of the Sith Black Heart Taker of the Sacred Notes Protector of Skippy Imperial Costumer Mystical Darkside Cookie Baker, CR

PS Cool title, huh? Sort of rolls off the tongue.
  2. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    < Sort of rolls off the tongue. >

yeah, like a cinderblock. ;)

3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    "yeah, like a cinderblock." ;)

the better to hit you on the head with, my dear.[face_whistling] />
  4. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    :D
    i'm just saying.

< Bearer of the Sith Black Heart >

and shouldn't there be a "withered" in there somewhere?
    like "withered black Sith heart?"

i guess i shouldn't be encouraging you to make it even longer... but it's more fun than a one-word thread... just keep adding words, until... i am waiting for the day you stagger and collapse under the weight of your title... and then i pounce! and tickle, until you are seen in public laughing...

or you kill me, whichever comes first. in the future, i am going to have to watch your eyes very carefully as i reach for the dark side cookies...

(giving ischade a run for her money with the ellipses)

5. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    The Sith Black Heart is not withered. It is full and plump from feasting on the Jedi purge. If you seek withered, look in the direction of the 'little green freak.'

Golda, The Wise Supreme Grand Moff Keeper of the Secret Decoder Ring Queen Mother Power Behind the Throne Dowager Empress Bearer of the Sith Black Heart Taker of the Sacred Notes Protector of Skippy Imperial Costumer Mystical Darkside Cookie Baker Most Intelligent, CR For Life
  6. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    :eek:
    wow, it gets longer before your very eyes!
    ;)

well, no arguments about "cookie baker most intelligent," not from me.
    i like dark side cookies.

now, if you can just add the crack and caffeine, like we discussed... and a dash of nicotine, for those long meetings...

7. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Deep breathing from life support system echoes as Tater Vader says,

Give yourself to the Cookies....
    ... hmm idea for fan film is springing forth.............
  8. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^^^ LOL!!! YES!!!

I wanna do a fan film really bad. It would be so fun.
  9. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    UPDATE:

Greg has gone from the No Costume Havin' category of doom and sadness:_| to the shiny and illustrious Costume Havin' category of costume havin'.

My costume: Arthur Dent!

You'll have to forgive my enthusiasm, it's my first costume after all, and I'm quite enthusiastic. For you see, the way I see it, I can wear said costume to pert near any function we might func, because Arthur could be anywhere... and anywhen (plus it's the perfect excuse to go round all day in my pajamas! But don't tell anyone else that [face_shhh]) All I need now is a really perfect (read - hideous) towel...

Gosh, this must be Tater felt when Helmut came home for the first time.[face_batting]

10. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
  11. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1
    figured i may as well jump in here....

ok....myself....ramdom sith...ren garb (not much in the way of peasants for myself...but a feww random borrowables), 2..no..3..noble's gowns....belly dance garb....random fetishy and gothy type stuff....plus...a sewing machine and a "where there's a will..there's a way"..type attitude towards costuming...also very little sleep needs when it comes to that..down to the wire stuff..

Justin....random sith....ren garb (arabics with spanish nobles in the works)...also random gothy type stuff...

meow.....

me*
  12. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    =D= =D= =D= Greg I am so happy you have joined the costume birgade and can now go out in your 'jammies and always be in costume. Well done.
  13. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Liz- Barris Offee
    Jerry- Working on ROTJ Luke. Will be done by Loscon. word.
  14. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Me -Jango Fett, Renaissance Lord, Pirate, Popeye(try not to laugh to hard), and stealthly working on a Boba Fett costume for myself (buying and will begin making one piece at a time very quietly and nonchalantly[face_whistling]).

My son -Anakin, and working on Boba Fett costume out in the open (in other words my better half is aware of my intentions...but in truth, some high dollar items for my son's costume, like the jetpack & blaster can be interchanged to be used with my costume, and with things like the sintra I buy to make his armor I should have enough left over for my armor; or the old army tent I buy to make his cape, I'll have enough left over to make mine, so it should work out quite nicely).
  15. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Toad:

Clone Trooper
    Darth Vader
    Cinderella
    Snow White
    Ren Dress

Me:

Barriss Offee dress
    Barriss Offee/ Ren gray velvet cape
    Han Solo w/ utility belt and/or Jaina Solo w/ lightsaber
    Generic Halloween Ren Noblewoman Dress
    Whatever people let me borrow

AND:

This little beauty (minus the staff, which i must construct asap!!!)

which, apologizing in advance to whomever i will be cramming all of my stuff into their car this weekend, i will DEFINITELY be taking with me so long as it arrives on time.
  16. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Heck you feel bad... I gotta find a way to stow my Vader costume :)
  17. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    me:

still in the "No Costume Havin' category of doom and sadness"

although i understand a silly hat is in the works.

oh, wait, i have most of a peasanty-sort of ren garb. just need new bodice (no jokes, please, just wait til you guys start gettin' old)

and i got ren faire shoes! good ones!

<w00t> [face_plain]

18. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    yes, Lord Tater, but you know we are ALL stoked on bringing our own Vader! my extra baggage isn't even SW related... but heck, this is a gaming con... what better time to play a Final Fantasy X character???

oh yeah, i forgot i have the under part of a peasant ren dress too - and the material to make the bodice (but no know-how).

cheryl, if you have THAT hat, do you really need anything else in life??
  19. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    um, yeah, actually. a big paper sack to cover it? :D couldn't i be luminara in a propellor beanie instead? [face_laugh]

but since i know jack about sewing... i'm pretty lost. give me a batch of fabric, and watch me sit there and blink at it stupidly. i am willing to watch, to learn, and to help, but i do lack fundamental costuming skills and wouldn't even know where to begin.

i've said it before and i'll say it again: i have nothing but admiration for those of us who can make their *own* costumes and accessories. admittedly there is some stuff that one simply must buy, some things we just don't have the time or the know-how to make. but speaking as one who doesn't know how to make/sew things, or doesn't instinctively make the intuitive leap of looking at something and thinking "hey, that would make a great <insert item here> - i have great admiration for those who can, and am not inclined to be overly nit-picky about the end result. i will tend to admire what you got right and what you obviously put hard work into, rather than tear you down because it isn't "perfect" (but it is in my nature to look for the positives, in others if not in myself)

this, to me, is the true definition of fandom, as pertains to costuming. doing a thing for the love of the thing, and most importantly, for the FUN of it. sure, some people can do it better. so what? did you do the best you can, given the time/funding/materials/skills you had to work with? most of the people i know are already planning how to improve their costumes, getting new ideas even as they are working on the first version. and this is absolutely not a dig at those who buy costumes, either- just a stated opinion on what i appreciate when i look at someone in costume.

(where did this come from? i don't know, it's late and i'm tired, i thought it needed to be said. "of course, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong" ...but i don't think so)

that said, i am trying to sweet-talk milady meow into throwing me together a sith costume of my very own, so i don't have to go begging every time. i would even like to be involved with the process, if possible. but she's a busy lady (as are we all) and those who can't make, wait. :p

ha. just got an abrupt mental picture of me sitting at a sewing machine with ischade standing over me with a stick like some old martial arts master or something, hitting me on the head every time i make a mistake... assuming i can be trusted with a sewing machine. i am, after all, the one who was banned by The Dave from using the electric hedge-trimmer after cutting through two power cords with it. :oops:

20. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1
    *snickers softly*...i wouldn't do that................well.....not hard anyway........although...you run the needle through your finger??...i may have to hit you over the head to keep you from trying to jerk it back...instead of letting me slowly roll the thing out...oh yeah....nuttin like stitching yourself into your garb.......

and believe it or not...i am keeping on the lookout for the right fabric....something flowy...but with body....and just that right...organic...feel to it....
  21. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, i think i might have tried to sew myself to my nightgown once, back in junior high, or maybe it was just my sleeve? back when i did embroidery for a hobby (stop laughing, all of you!) i remember sewing something to my pantleg... anyway, i did my minimum sentence, then gave up home ec as a bad job and opted for metal/wood/auto/electronics next time around.

but last i tried, i can still make a darn good omelette :D

enough thread-highjacking for me. for now.

back on-topic:
    oh yeah, i also have a cloak, and a woobie!

(see what i did there? pretty slick, huh?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.