main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Costume or Not?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    *sigh*

I was referring to the Stargate Anubis... you know, the whole 'invisible cloud' thing...

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    LOL.

Oh and gumboots. Saw some at Big W!!!!!!

3. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    OMG @ Khali! You, maam, are an evil woman!

And btw, this is whom CCD Speaks:

[image=http://www.federation.nl/media/federation/20040909-Anubis_lg.jpg]

Same guy, just older and crankier

Oh and thanbks Kahlan! Will look into that ASAP :)

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    ...well how am I supposed to superimpose a head - marvins or otherwise - onto THAT?

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I want some Gold Brooches preferably in the shape of the ones Padme wears in her pregnant-action-woman outfit ( as that's what I'm wearing. I guess that was obvious!)The one in the Padme action figure that is out.

Don't want to do the cut-out cardboad painted gold thing. Must be somewhere to get cheap nasty jewellery that you can alter. ACtually one of them is more like a belt buckle.

I should look harder at my second hand stores, or Kleins or something..but if someone has any other ideas, let me know.

6. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    I might print that ROTS logo onto a t-shirt. Gotta do something.

7. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Kahli, there's always the BBQ photos you could find CCD pics at.

[face_mischief]

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    My t-shirt, that I made last night turned out awesome!!

(Although, a tad too big :p.)

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Costume complete!
    Anyone know how to stretch cheap vinyl knee high boots so the circulation in one's leg continues ??

10. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Nup.

In a word.

11. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ...lend them to a Pro Wrestler?

"And here we have the Rock, about to do his signature move, the people's elbow, on the struggling Triple H... this one's over for sure! Oh, wait! The Rock's slipped over in his new boots! Triple H has recovered and look out! The Rock loses! But the lady in the front row looks happy enough!"

Eh. I've got nothing.

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    well..thanks for caring anyhoo :D

Might ask this in this thread, rather than the one I just read it in:

What costumes do we have in our group?

I'm Padme in the Sleeveless action outfit.
    Agent Sith ( which should look cool )

and.....

13. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Casual is a Jedi (you could call him Mace).

14. MajorClod

MajorClod Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Damn its been a while since I've visited these boards.

I'm going as Anakin, same as I did for AOTC. This time it'll be Episode 3 Anakin, so the costume is darker and cooler. The only thing I won't have is the long hair.

Friend of mine is coming as Sidious.

Hope to see ya's all there!

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm coming as Generic Background Jedi Extra #3. With blue lightsabre.

16. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'm coming along as Generic Background Sith Lord with authentic Qld FanForce Whacking Stick. ;)

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh no! The Return of the Stick!

Or wait, should that be Revenge of the Stick? :p

18. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Despite Gooba's statements to the contrary, I won't actually be dressed as Mace Windu for the premiere. Mainly because I don't want to shave my head, but also because I prefer my green lightsaber as opposed to my purple one. So I too will be attending as Generic Background Jedi. I finished my outfit last week, and it's totally complete from the tunic, pants, belt and cloak, to the gumboots and saber.

I drew the patterns to the outfit up myself, and got a seamstress to sew it all together for me. All up the exercise took about 2 weeks working time, and cost me less than $100. Which is a mere pittance when compared to the $250 I spent for AOTC, and nearly $400 that I spent for TPM. Despite doing it 'on the cheap', this outfit has turned out to be is my best effort yet. Bring on the premiere!

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I have seen said costume, it is indeed excellent.

I have almost finalised my costume, I only need to aquire some glasses. I have two picked out that I will decide on tomorrow.

As for Agent Sith's weapon, I had looked at the Clone Troopers' blaster, but it's a bit big to put inside an Agent's suit.
    I have an idea that will come as a surprise to many...a nice blend of Matrix and Star Wars...

Anybody who's seen the awesome fan film "Art of the Saber" are three quarters the way to guessing... ;) Too much information would be to say Asajj Ventress... oops I just said it. If you've figured it out, don't spoil it until you see me at RotS.

20. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Hey Gooba, I actually had a pair of Agent Smith glasses - an actual replica of the type he wears in Matrix Reloaded, that I bought off the 'net. Unfortunately I broke them. :(

But I did get the oppotunity to dress up in my business suit (black - agent smith style ;) ), slicked my hair back and put on the glasses. :cool: My sister said I looked cool. :-B

21. setra

setra Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    sith costume... what is the best way to make a really cool looking one?

22. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Find a suitably large amount of black material, and the appropriate Simplicity sewing pattern - design #5840 will have patterns for a hooded and cowled cloak and an under-tunic. Get measured up as needed, and have a seamstress or tailor make it for you. The catch is, you may well have left it a little too late. Good luck with getting it done though. :)

23. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I'm going as a rogue Knight of the New Jedi Order, hailing from Corellia - ie., I get to wear black, trimmed in green. NJO Knights seem to be allowed to wear black. And a black fitted cloak, if I get it finished in time.
    Got the black tall leather boots, not the best, but passable.
    Sabres are being machined up as we speak. Kinda freaking out about my blade situation though, definitely won't be able to make the blades I wanted in time. Hoping to get at least some semblance of them happening though.
    Oh, and I made/am making my costume myself: gi, tabbard, cloak, and belts. Total cost about $20. (Boots $50ish). Sewing machine: $25!

24. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    going as random jedi number #278302...with a blue saber also :p may get a purple one 2 if i have the cash

25. setra

setra Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    I found out how to stretch leather boots....

find a piece of wood that is the same (or near enough) diameter of the boot and spilt it in half (the wood not the boot lol) find a long thin wedge of wood and well... wedge it in between the two pieces of wood until the whole lot is tight against the boot (make sure that is not too tight otherwise the boot splits) leave for a day and keep on moving the wedge and leaving it until desired boot width is acchieved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.