main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Costume Party, anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Caranundomiel, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caranundomiel

Caranundomiel Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    Hi Guys!

I meant to bring this up at our last meeting and it slipped my mind... Sorry!

I've been asked to be the coordinator for one of the groups of Japanese students that comes out to ODU for a month every fall. I've been hanging out with these students every year that I've been at ODU and they're really a lot of fun. Some times the English isn't perfect, but they're here to learn, so with a smile and some patience everything usually works itself out.

Anyway, for the last two year I've put on a sort of early Halloween Party for the groups that gives them a chance to experience an American Tradition and have a little fun in their last day or two in the US. Last year was especially fun because we got school recognition and so I didn't have to do EVERYTHING myself and we were able to do more events including the toilet paper mummy game and pumpkin carving.

I have a few more ideas I want to pull out for this year, but we'll see how it goes.

What I need from you guys (if you're interested) is first and foremost, attendance. I'm really looking for people in costumes. I'm not that particular - Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Witches... whatever you think will be fun. I'm also trying to come up with some catch-all costumes for the students, so if you have any extra pieces you want to bring that you don't mind other people using, it would be greatly appreciated!

Second, if you have a special Halloween treat that you like to make, please bring it! I made a "Cat Box" (assorted chocolates in a tray with plain oatmeal with a scooper) last year that was a real hit with everyone.

Finally, whether you can come or not, if you have any ideas on low-cost (low-mess) activities that we can do, I would LOVE to hear your ideas! It seems we come up with new and better ideas every year!

So... the basics on when and where: (to be updated as information becomes available)

Who: Anyone interested in an early Halloween/Costume Party
    When: Friday, September 19th, 2008 (Time is TBD, likely no earlier than 5pm)
    Where: TBD - Somewhere around Old Dominion University

Please feel free to PM me with any questions!

Ayla Ku

2. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Count me in!

3. Ashara_Leiani

Ashara_Leiani Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    Cool. I'm in.

4. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Sounds cool. I don't know my schedule for September yet. But I will let you know.

5. Caranundomiel

Caranundomiel Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    Awesome! Definitely let me know!

If you CAN come out... canyouwearyourmandocausethatwouldbesoawesomepleasepleasePLEASE? *fangirls*

<3

Ayla

6. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Awwww....

I would love to, but unfortunately it is not completed yet.

7. ABC42

ABC42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    I'm in!

8. Darth_Primus6

Darth_Primus6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2007
    sounds like a blast, count shaak-ti and i in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.