main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Costume Party- October 26

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    For those who were not in attendance at the Saturday activity and therefore missed the announcement.....

The Halloween Party will be held on October 26 starting at 7:00 pm. This will be a costume party, and I would ask that each attendee bring a snack to share. We could even make it into a potluck dinner...comments?

I also need suggestions on activities. Please remember, guys, that this is your Fan Force and thus we need your input to make this happen. I'll provide the party space and I need the rest of you to contribute toward making this a night worth remembering.

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Navaren,

You can plan on Amy and I being there so count this as our RSVP. ;)

A potluck dinner might be nice. I have both Star Wars cookbooks and I've been just looking for a reason to actually cook some food from it. If we decide to do potluck, I'll flip though the books and let you know what I can bring. I would REALLY like to make the Darth Maul salsa dip. The dip looks like Darth Maul's face. You fill a bowl with red salsa, use the included template to cover the top of the dip with poppy seeds for the black parts, two halfed olives for Maul's eyes, and several Frito's for the horns. It looks VERY cool. I'll have to post a photo.

Many of you are familar with the great game called "Cranium." Well, my wife and I have been planning a Star Wars version. We could bring that to play.

Most people have a copy of the Classic Trilogy Trivial Pursuit game, but I happen to own a copy of the EXTREMELY RARE Episode I Trivial Pursuit game. This game was actually never produced by Hasbro and only a handful of prototypes were ever made.

This is going to be a GREAT party! :cool: Hopefully everyone can make it work with their schedules.

Let's hear some more ideas!

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I heard about the Episode I game and I saw it in some magazine once. And you got one? now I'm jealous.

Really, do you need an excuse to make anything from the Star Wars cook books? Try the R2-D2 treats, they are rather good.

Count me in on this one too. :D

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I guess I won't be going, because I have work that night. :( I have to work from 6 PM until midnight or 1 AM. I really, really, really wanted to go to this, but I guess it's just not going to happen. :(

Dana

5. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Dana,

Any chance that you could get someone to work for you that night? ?[face_plain]

Hope so,

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I think I'd have to switch nights for them, and I only have a ride to work on the nights my mother also works. :(

Dana

7. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Hey!!! I'll be there in my very own coolest costume ever!

Hey Dantana, it's still early of a notice to move the schedule around! Try to make it if you could.

8. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Crap! I don't know anything about Ep1 trivia!!!

9. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Does this mean you're planning to attend, Adam?

10. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    As of thia moment, I am planning on attending. It's on my calendar, and nothing crucial (marching band, sickness, or death in the family) has come up yet. Although it's not very Star Wars-ish, I can bring an awesome party game called Apples to Apples if you wish. I also own Battle of the Sexes, Spaceopoly, and Flux. Anyone in the mood to pick me up/ride the bus with me?

11. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm thinking about it. I think that's the day of the big toy fair, the 725th Garrison is going trooping. We'll see.

12. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    OOO! Bring battle of the sexes!!! hehe

13. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

I scanned a photo of the salsa dip I was talking about.

<Drumroll>

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I give you...

Darth Dip

</Drumroll><Rimshot></Rimshot>

Just don't say "dip" to his face! ;)

14. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    whoa mama!!! that looks awesome.

Good work my friend...

15. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Good work on the scanning? ;)

The photo is directly from the cookbook. I actually haven't made the dip just yet.

Anyone else have any party ideas?

16. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, I know Mary keeps talking about Strip Twister. But it could take a while if everyone is in costume. ;)[/color]

17. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    :eek: I'll be sure to wear lots of clothing...

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I never said Strip Twister. :p It was just offered that we should play nude twister. There is a difference you know.

19. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I don't think Strip Twister is a very family friendly idea....unless the underage were already asleep for the night......

Okay, back to games we can actually consider...any other suggestions? ::looks askew at Brian::

20. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    What day of the week is that?
    If it's a friday, I may need to play at the school football game.
    (In the band, mind you. I'm not some jock/geek)

But if I'm not required to sit in some cold stadium watching our team get slaughtered, I'll try to make it.

21. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, I could bring my interactive R2D2 droid and we could play "spin the droid"?[/color]

22. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    This is set for a Saturday night, so you should be clear, Andy.

Brian, I'm only playing "spin the droid" if I can be assured I'd get matched up with Boraccio. ;)

23. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I'll talk to R2 and see what he can do. ;)[/color]

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    So I take it no Twister then?

25. Boraccio

Boraccio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    I think we've got a droid around here somewhere. I think I'll go find one right now. See you guys later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.