main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Costume Projects Progress Reports

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starfire-phoenix, Feb 22, 2005.

1. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    I might have to have a chat with arnott's i want to know when they will be bringing out a turkish delight tim tam =P~

2. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    ah yes....turkish delight Tim Tams. Now that would be the end of me!

I love the black forest ones. There's only one problem. Only 9 to a packet. Nobody else gets one!

:D

Fox had the chili ones, he ate one and put the rest away - and this coming from the guy who can eat anything hot and spicy! I didn't dare try one after that!

Damn, now I need chocolate.

3. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    i was thinking the could have a jam centre instead of the chocolate between the two biccies then covered in rich dark chocolate =P~ mmmmmm yum-a-lisious....

4. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    OMG Yum!!! I want to get home so that I can eat my tim tams now.. :(

5. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Hey, tonight I got to see DD's lightsaber hilts in person, and the photos do not do them justice. They look freaking awesome. OMG, I want to make mine now :D

6. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks heaps starfire ;)

Your costumes where amazing too, you have done some mighty fine work cant wait too see the dress your working on now finished its going to look so cool :D

7. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    You're welcome :D Thanks for the compliment :)

I've got to get my jedi done before I start on my next dress... arrrrrrgggg, can't get distracted! lol

8. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Wonder if those who are making or have made Jedi costumes can tell me how much material they used for making the robe, tunics, tabbards, and obi?? Cheers guys.

Will be buying material very soon!

9. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    It will depend on the width of the fabric and what size you are. Particularly your height too, since that will dictate the length of the tunic and your tabards. It's all guesswork otherwise.

If you have the time, I recommend doing a mock up of the entire thing in a super cheap fabric. That way you will know exactly how much you need.

10. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Well Danikin and myself went to Spotlight in Whyalla today to buy the material for our costumes ... much to the bemusement of the ladies running the store and shoppers as well!! Two males walking around carrying fabric rolls and feeling material, comparing material, what clashes with what? What's too heavy?? Blah, blah, blah.

We finally gave up the ghost when asked (while purchasing) what we were using the material for. We got 'looks', trust me!! But they did ask us to take a photo and send it to them!!

I'm thinking a Full Monty theme for the photo should do!! :D So now, all we have to do is make the bloody things!!

Oh yeah, Danikin bought enough material for morning, afternoon and evening Jedi wear!! And I'm still ribbing him about it! Please join me in doing the same!!

11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Jedi have three sets of robes? I figured they had one 'every day wear' and one 'wow, this is formal' set!! LOL!! Can either of you sew or are you enlisting the help of a seamstress?

12. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I can use a sewing machine, but haven't for years. Danikin?? Dunno!!

The real truth is that Danikin grossly over estimated on the material he needed for his robe and left me with possibly too little, but we'll see. We were joking on the drive home that he has enough material for morning, afternoon and evening robes (ie material overkill!!). We were completely lost when they were asking us how much we needed. It was funny!

We are getting a loverly person in Whyalla to make our Jedi robes for us! One of my co-workers who has viewed pictures of Jedi and has said she can do it! *She'll serve us well, and will be rewarded* (chocolates, flowers, a Full Monty show ... something like that!)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You can buy patterns for them now....Simplicity has a 'space costumes' pattern that covers the tunic and pants etc....and then there is another pattern the covers robes and capes....PM me if you want the details as I have them both. ;)

14. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Cheers A-D!!

15. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    reminder to self: dont make costumes for Obi-Wan Toddi and Danakin unless you want a full monty show. :D

but seriously, I personally think that's its better to have too much material than not enough - besides, think how lovely and 'flowing' your Jedi cloak will be! :D

Me, I'm spending the weekend sewing pyjamas and windcheaters in preparation for winter.....my boys seem to have grown out of all of theirs. Going to spotlight today to get some sort of idea of what I might need money-wise to begin my costume for EpIII.

The last costume I made was a fairy costume for myself for New Years - we did a costume party here for it, which was cool fun. :D

16. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    You can never have too much fabric :) lol

It sounds like a lot of fun :) DarkDisciple and I did the rounds of most of the Adelaide fabric stores and he found some fabric that he likes. It's going to look so cool :)

We are both using McCalls 2940 for the tunic and pants, with some minor alterations :)

That reminds me, I'd better get back to doing some work on mine today.

17. GuriWannabe

GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    I'm currently making for RotS Padme's Peacock dress, I've got my fabric for the underdress, but right now I'm just concentrating on the headpiece, its coming along very nicely, and so far I have made over 100 dreadlocks from some cheap $2 hair extentions and a **** load of copper wire.

I've found a pattern thats perfect for making it too, which of course is not yet available in Australia, but fortunately last week I found someone on eBay who was selling it. Its the simplicity 4900, its kind of a civil war period costume, but it has the same shape dress and coat, it just need to be extended in the coat and the coat sleeves.

Helena ;)

18. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    you should see what this woman does!! She's incredible! I'm so proud of her!

This is the girl who made her own wedding gown (the Padme wedding gown), along with the two bridesmaids cloaks that we wore! I'll put a link up later to a pic if anybody wishes...it's easy enough to put one up on my site.

19. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Ooooh, I love the Peacock dress. It's gorgeous :) I saw that note about the civil war pattern on padawans guide last week or whenever that was. It looks perfect for it. It is such a beautiful gown. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. From what I've seen of your work though, I'm sure it will be smashing :)

Best of luck with that, and keep us posted :) Can't wait to see it :D

20. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    just tried to upload some of the photos from the wedding on my site, but it seems they have to be put through the photoshop process before that can happen - gotta love tripod!

So......considering I'm supposed to be studying I'll leave it for now, and do it when I find a spare hour or so to fiddle.

In the meantime, here's some lovely muzak to keep you entertained.....

*puts on an ABBA cd*

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I found these two in my collection...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/3.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/4.jpg]

But I am sure you have better ones...

EDIT:

I just found this one...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/helenasweddingdress.jpg]

No question - Guri rules as a costume maker/creator!!!

22. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
  23. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I've seen pics around the place before, but it's great see more! They look way cool, thanks for sharing them :D

24. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Those pics are cool! I've bought some pinwale cord for tabbards and possibly overtunic. The homespun just looked too flat! I'm hoping it won't look stupid! But there's a sense of uniqueness about it I s'pose!

25. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    you won't look stupid - besides, every Jedi had their own unique style...there wasn't a 'set' uniform......

If you look closely, they all had something different about their robes.

so just say that yours are the Pt. Augusta Jedi robes. Somehow different to the Adelaide Jedi, but somehow the same....